Do you always forget to quit the application and leave it in the background running? Do you always wonder how many apps are running in the background?

RunningIcon is a small utility application which displays the total number of applications running in the background on the Notification area. The Notification area is on the top of the HomeScreen and icons are also displayed on some application title bar.

You can visually and easily see how many applications are running. If you have left applications in the background you can easily open the Application Ribbon eg: press the menu key on the Homescreen to close the application you want.

Click here for more info RunningIcon - Displays total apps running in the background on the Notification area - Utilities BlackBerry Apps
    01-05-11 01:39 PM
    Can you choose which apps will be shown in the running number? Like a checklist or something?
    What about the 5 apps that are always running? Do they show up?
    Is there any screen and/or settings to this app? If so, do they all stay after a battery pull?

Other than price how is this different from BeAlert? I ask because I have used BeAlert before, and loved the app, but I would need to adjust the settings after each reboot. There's some apps that always run in the background, so I don't want to see them in the number of running apps.
    01-05-11 01:54 PM
    Can you choose which apps will be shown in the running number? Like a checklist or something?
    What about the 5 apps that are always running? Do they show up?
    Is there any screen and/or settings to this app? If so, do they all stay after a battery pull?

Other than price how is this different from BeAlert? I ask because I have used BeAlert before, and loved the app, but I would need to adjust the settings after each reboot. There's some apps that always run in the background, so I don't want to see them in the number of running apps.
    the only setting is a checkbox to enable RunningIcon. All it does is to monitor the number of running background apps that are visible. I suppose i can add a feature to exclude the ones in the list and then if the count is greater than 0 then you know you have some 3rd party apps still running.
    01-05-11 03:07 PM
    So the way it is now it will always show like 4-5 apps running even if nothing is running at all? Like the ones that are always there: BBM, Messages, Phone, Browser, and Home (I'm sure not the Home icon though, not really an app)

Like I couldn't care less if BBM or messages is open, they usually are, I don't need an icon to tell me they are.

I think adding a feature to exclude apps, be able to choose what those apps are, and have the settings still there after a reboot would be great. My main concern is those 3rd party apps that always need to be running in the background. I don't need an icon to tell me they are on because they are always on.

Like what you said, the count will be zero unless you actually have an app open and running. It will also tell you if you didn't close an app properly.

I really loved the BeAlert app (got it for free too), for all the reasons I've mentioned. I deleted it though because it would never save which apps I wanted to exclude after a reboot. After many unanswered emails to the developer I gave up. I'd love having an app like this again...
    01-05-11 03:32 PM
    So all you really want is to exclude the apps in the list?
    01-05-11 03:50 PM
    Yep, and be sure that they stay that way after a reboot.
    01-05-11 03:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD