Every once in awhile I will be reading a web page or something with the browser and will have to do something that takes me away from using my BB for the duration set for my security timeout. So when I come back to my BB I of course have to enter my password. That isn't a problem. However I will find that as a result the BB closes the browser even though I left it running. I'm not sure if it does this with other apps. I know it doesn't close viigo or myboxtone insight or BBsmart alarms pro which I always leave running. So I'm curious as to why it closes the browser and poosibly other apps when the security timeout is reached. Is this a setting I am not aware of?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-28-08 01:40 AM
    Am I the only one who has observed this? Or is it that there is nothing I can do?

10-02-08 03:23 AM
    I leave my browser open (usually hereon CB) and it doesn't get closed no matter how long I leave it for. I do lose which posts haven't been read yet from time to time, but I think that's more of a forum issue than a BlackBerry issue. I have looked through my setting but don't see anything that looks associated. I'll keep looking as it sounds annoying.

10-02-08 07:33 AM
    Yes it is very annoying. When the BB hits the security timeout it closes the browser so I lose the page I was on and the session history so I can't go back to a previously visited page by hitting the back button. I also don't know if this happens to other apps too. I do know viigo and BBsmart alarms stay open so I am confused why the browser doesn't. I look forward to any explanation and fix anyone comes up with.

10-03-08 03:25 AM
    Are you sure the browser actually closes or does it move to the background? Try holding ALT + Back (bring up the application switcher) and switch to the browser. Most likely it will be on the same page you left it.
    10-03-08 07:57 AM
    It definately closes. When I use task switcher (or alt+back) and choose browser I am presented with the home screen and there are no pages in the back history to navigate back to even though I had previously visited several pages in the history. The 1st time it hapened I had typed up a decently sized reply to a thread on a forum. I don't remember if it was here or another one. But anyways I had been interrupted by something and that something lasted long enough for the BB to reach the security time out. I entered my password and proceeded to use alt+back to switch to the browser figuring it just got put into the background from the timeout and having to enter my password. And so discovered oh shoot it closed the browser and so I lost all that I had typed and the other session stuff like going back pages using the back button. So then I thought well maybe this is a fluke. So I gave it no mind until again a few more times I was interupted with something that took me away from what I was doing with the browser long enough to timeout and come back to find out again the browser was closed rather than pushed to the background. This has happened on the stock 4.3 OS and both versions of 4.5 I have tried. I currently have 4.5.0.77 and see there is a newer version but it has not been leaked yet. Also I have heard from a few people that sprint is supposedly going to be rolling out 4.5 soon though it would seem soon is lingo for sometime before the year end and not in a couple weeks since it has been as much as 1 month from the first info from a sprint employee indicating that is was supposed to be soon. Seems unless you know someone that works for sprint you can't get them to talk but the few people that have passed word along know someone working for sprint who shared info that I would guess they weren't supposed to share. So anyways it doesn't appear I have any options right now but to try and find out why it is happening if this is indeed something that is not supposed to happen and if I am the only one experiencing this or if others are too.
    10-05-08 11:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD