Hello,

Viigo seemed to use up every bit of memory it could on my bold...so i had to delete it. does anyone know another lightweight RSS reader?

thanks!
    11-27-08 11:13 PM
    Did you try the beta version of Viigo? I had the same problem until I deleted the original app and tried the 3.0.246 build.

Also, be sure to change the Application settings to "Move to background on close" to No and in Articles No to Auto Update. I also changed the setting to save all on exit to no and delete all articles that I'm not interested in.
    11-27-08 11:40 PM
    Thank you for the tips Pink2 I was having similar problems but didn't want to delete Viigo since I use it so much.
    11-28-08 12:09 AM
    Have you tried the google reader it uses very little memory googlecom/mobile/blackberry

download the mobile app and sign up for feeds on your home computer.
    Last edited by Najo; 11-28-08 at 08:16 AM.
    11-28-08 08:09 AM
    Didnt find it too easy to move around in the G Reader... Same fuss as visiting the webpage.. While with Viigo it gets u all the headlines together..
    11-28-08 09:00 AM
    True but that is the reason it uses more memory. I like viigo but it does use alot of mem.
    11-28-08 09:11 AM
    Viigo I like a lot but even set to move to background and auto-update off just having it on my bold used up 15+ MB of memory. I have AP news set to auto update every 4 hours, and that only uses around 1 MB of memory.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-28-08 05:08 PM
    Viigo I like a lot but even set to move to background and auto-update off just having it on my bold used up 15+ MB of memory. I have AP news set to auto update every 4 hours, and that only uses around 1 MB of memory.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-28-08 05:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD