hey all, im having a lot of problems launching apps on my bold, i click on the app and it constantly says network problem, or other issues, my internet works, all except for facebook, i log in and it just goes back to the login screen no matter what.

anyone else having these problems or know of a setting i should change

since i dont wanna make another thread, can anyone tell me if you can pin someone on a telus network with a bb, from my rogers network phone.
    Last edited by disturbedberry; 12-17-08 at 06:32 PM.
    12-17-08 06:27 PM
    1st question
    if you havent done so already, update your firmware to 4.6.0.190 or 4.6.0.210 (if you can find) and that should solve your app problem
    2nd question
    Yes aslong as you both have data plans
    12-17-08 06:41 PM
    Not to start an arguement but why update as a first response. I haven't updated because Rogers is still on a 162. I have no issues with my phone. Sometimes things can be solved in a simpler manner.
    12-17-08 06:47 PM
    When in doubt, try a battery pull. Take out the battery for a short time (30 seconds) and then put it back it.
    12-17-08 06:47 PM
    And pinning is bb to bb. It doesn't matter which carrier.
    12-17-08 06:48 PM
    I'm with Chicklet - play with the OS if you have to or if you have a passion to. The problems you are describing don't appear to me to have anything to do with your OS. I am running the official Rogers version and nothing like that happens to me.
    12-17-08 07:01 PM
    I'm with Chicklet - play with the OS if you have to or if you have a passion to. The problems you are describing don't appear to me to have anything to do with your OS. I am running the official Rogers version and nothing like that happens to me.
    +1

Is it all your apps or just Facebook?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by A�aric; 12-17-08 at 07:08 PM.
    12-17-08 07:04 PM
    +2

I'm the type that is hesitant to try other non-official releases. I'm running .162 from Rogers with none of your issues. Try the battery pull first. Then, post back with your results.
    12-17-08 07:07 PM
    ok tryed a battery pull and im stil getting the error message, unable to connect to the internet,please try again later

and this happens on such apps as cnn mobile, facebook mobile, sporting news and all the other pre loaded apps on the bold,

as for the internet, only website that doent wanna work right is facebook..

thanks again for all the fast replies
    12-17-08 07:27 PM
    You may want to check with your server or set ups for the web based problems. Face book has been causing afew issues for alot of ppl here. Don't go by that app. lol
    12-17-08 07:29 PM
    I'm not 100% sure, but I suspect a lot of those apps require a data plan with your carrier.

When I got my Bold, I spent a few days playing without without my SIM card installed (waiting for my plan to become active). Some apps worked other didn't. For example I could download Google Maps OTA but couldn't run it until my data plan was active.

12-17-08 07:35 PM
    It sounds like something is wrong with the apps themselves. From what I recall, Rogers only pushed the Facebook, Flickr, and Myspace apps icons onto their devices. CNN Mobile and Sporting News seem to be those that someone else put on there.

The only other thing I can think of is maybe having the apps removed and reinstalled?
    12-17-08 07:35 PM
    Sorry I should of given some more details, I do have a data plan, in fact I have unlimied everything for the first 3 mths, I've only had it for 2 weeks, that and sporting news and cnn were added by myself, I tried reinstalling them already too, I'm going to go to rogers tomorrow and see if they can figure something out, thanks again for all ur help, as always much appreciated

12-17-08 08:14 PM
    Sorry about assuming no data plan; I was reading antoher thread where someone was without a dta plan - it got my threads mixed up.

But a thought occurs to me. Have you checked the permissions for each of those apps?

12-17-08 08:19 PM
    I think you have a wonky app there - that's my technical conclusion. I would get rid of facebook, do a batt pull, see what's up. If still no good, try deleting another, another batt pull. Something in there is messing with your system and you can probably identify it by eliminating things.
    12-17-08 08:27 PM
    +2

I'm the type that is hesitant to try other non-official releases. I'm running .162 from Rogers with none of your issues. Try the battery pull first. Then, post back with your results.
    I too am with Rogers, newbie for just over 2 weeks. Had OS .125 out of the box. Over these two weeks I've gone to .167, .185 and now to .210. If one waits for an official Rogers release, I'm afraid you will be light years behind. RIM is releasing the new OS because they are constantly improving upon the former.

Before I actually load the new release, I'll review all of the feedback for it. For example, I did not go with .190 because everyone talked about the thumbnail issue and something about fonts. If you review the feedback on .210, you see that it's a very strong release with none of the issues from .190.
    12-17-08 08:35 PM
    i said to update because rogers 162 is known for locking up and it thought that app crashing could be part of it, and plus reloading firmware will fix any problem with least amount of hastle
    12-17-08 09:55 PM
    ok i have tryed a few things and ive finally come to an error message saying that my browser is not allow cookies, therefore anyone know how i can change something like this? thanks again for all the help, still trying to figure all this out :s
    12-19-08 12:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD