Hey everyone I have a rather perplexing question/problem. After I use slacker radio on my Storm 9530, My ringer and notifications are only vibrating. I do have it set to the normal sound profile. I am using headphones while using slacker. If I do a bat pull everything is normal again. any suggestions??? kind of getting annoying
    03-12-09 02:05 PM
    I don't have the answer but I'm having the same problem (kind of). My ringer works fine but my alerts only vibrate and do some weird low tone I've never heard before. I've listened to Slacker for short periods and not had this problem. I was listening for over an hour this morning and now I am noticing problems with the alerts.
    03-12-09 03:01 PM
    I had an issue with Slacker and my sound profile going haywire. I uninstalled it and everything returned to normal. Sorry no help. I have some buddies with Slacker on storm with no prob. Selective issues. Maybe it doesn't like your music.
    03-12-09 03:01 PM
    could it be you are turning the volume all the way down on slacker or another app and its muting the alarms. I think I saw that when I tried to lower the volume when using wordmole and it shut down my ringer (call yourself and see if your ringer is now off).
    03-12-09 03:07 PM
    I had an issue with Slacker and my sound profile going haywire. I uninstalled it and everything returned to normal. Sorry no help. I have some buddies with Slacker on storm with no prob. Selective issues. Maybe it doesn't like your music.
    You are probably right. I was listening to "Alternative Chill". Some of the music on there is kind of strange. Maybe my Storm is punishing me.

I'm trying a battery pull.

I wonder if does it when you subscribe "Slacker Premium" service?
    03-12-09 03:25 PM
    Battery pull seems to have done the trick.

Has anyone contacted the "Slacker" people about this issue?
    03-12-09 03:43 PM
    This problem is resolved on .109. I downloaded and installed it last week, and my sound problems are gone. Mine would also randomly switch sound profiles and vibrate only after listening to Slacker Radio.
    03-12-09 04:30 PM
    This problem is resolved on .109. I downloaded and installed it last week, and my sound problems are gone. Mine would also randomly switch sound profiles and vibrate only after listening to Slacker Radio.
    I'm running .75 and still new to Blackberry. Updating my own OS is kind of scary to me. I'm not sure if I fully understand how to do it. I see a lot of posts where "unofficial" versions cause problems. I know this is getting off the subject of this thread but hey like I said I'm a newbie.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-12-09 06:12 PM
    well it doesnt switch my sound profiles it just stops making any sounds at all. It still stays on the normal profile. I do not adjust any volume via my storm while listening. i have volume control on my headphones. I guess this is probably an OS issue. hopefully whenever rapeizon (verizon) issues a new OS update it will take care of it
    03-12-09 07:32 PM
    I also experience low ringers. I listen ALL DAY LONG and then pop the battery daily. I refuse to upgrade to PLUS if the Basic service causes such an annoying side effect.

It doesn't matter if I listen for 2 minutes or 2 days, it causes the same issue. My ringer goes to a low tone as does my alarm clock.

Popping the battery seems to be the only non-evasive fix.

I am also experiencing other issues:

- When I get a phone call while listening I cannot press the answer button on screen. To resolve this I press the phone icon button on the phone itself and that answers the phone.

- There is also an uncaught exception that causes the service to freeze the phone for a few minutes if you try to back out of the player as it is playing a song, switching songs, or trying to buffer. This is more annoying IMO as you either have to wait the few minutes to regain control or pop the battery. You can safely press pause ONLY if a song is currently playing and then back out to another station. This is the only safe way to switch stations that I have found.

- The last issue I have is that sometimes when the phone rings while I am listening and I try to touch the screen, the buttons get scrabbled and the icons on the screen split into two. Pressing a button on the left side highlights buttons on the right side of the screen and vice versa. This one is totally ???? No idea why this happens, but the only fix from this point is to pop the battery.
    03-20-09 06:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD