02-12-10 11:36 AM
    02-12-10 11:39 AM
    it says "blackberry twitter app"....

hum there is

UberTwitter
    Social Scope
    Vodafone
    Open Break

and so many others... nice way to make it all appear to be blending in....

i made this one know it was RIM's Native applications

oh well no biggie....

and for the record i did punch in "rim native twitter" and press the tab button, nothing came up for searches as leaks.
    Last edited by mjneid; 02-12-10 at 11:45 AM.
    02-12-10 11:40 AM
    Shouldn't this be in Native Apps?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-12-10 11:44 AM
    Shouldn't this be in Native Apps?

yes/no depends on if it's a leak or an official and this is a leak.

02-12-10 11:45 AM
    Anybody remember what happened when BBM 5.0 was leaked?
    02-12-10 11:46 AM
    I've been using it for more than 6 hrs. I like it very much but one thing, this native app doesn't have notification for reply and mention, only for DM and tweets. I don't usually check all in my timeline, but with replies and mentions notification, that's how I interact with Twitter. I still use UberTwitter to get all my replies and mentions notification. I even downloaded their new Beta-7. Hopefully the official release provides replies and mentions notification.
    02-12-10 12:00 PM
    downloaded it, work well for now
    02-12-10 12:04 PM
    I hadn't noticed all the different os versions for this application. What's the difference? Does the 5.0 version have special transitions or something? I'm not sure what one I have because I just used the theiexplorers.com/twitter/twitter.jad when it was first leaked.
    02-12-10 12:36 PM
    I Installed it today... it�s just great

02-12-10 12:49 PM
    yup, i'm loving too. it runs well, and isnt a huge memory hog like other clients. yes, there are some improvements that can be made to keep up with Ubertwitter, but this is a very good first step for RIM imo.
    02-12-10 01:11 PM
    Anybody remember what happened when BBM 5.0 was leaked?
    Lol. I remember. It's gonna happen this time too.
    02-12-10 02:34 PM
    Thanks to theiexplorers for alternate file hosting, I suppose?

OTA and Desktop Installs: Twitter by RIM v1.0.0.28 - @BBTweeps
    Last edited by zrbarnes; 02-21-10 at 07:05 PM.
    02-13-10 04:41 AM
    I tried it for a few hours, but it was killing my battery. Also, too many ubertwitter features missing. Hopefully, the official version will be better.
    02-13-10 07:24 AM
    I tried it for a few hours, but it was killing my battery. Also, too many ubertwitter features missing. Hopefully, the official version will be better.
    hum.... The native "poll time" is ten minuets... if you go to the options and change it to an hours it's alot better.
    02-13-10 08:25 AM
    hum.... The native "poll time" is ten minuets... if you go to the options and change it to an hours it's alot better.
    I tried 20-30 minutes and it didn't seem to help. An hour is too long for me. I use 20 minutes for UT with no noticeable battery drain.
    02-13-10 08:39 AM
    The retwit function doesn't work. I saw someone mention that it just doesn't show up, but I checked on the website and on Ubertwitter and no RT's of mine are posted

02-13-10 09:09 AM
    i actually like this app. its so fast with my bb and can find ppl so quick. awesome, hopefully the official release will be better, idk how but its already good.
    02-13-10 09:11 AM
    Ok this is weird you can't see anything you RT on anything not on any of the apps or the site but other people can. I figured that out because someone RT'ed something that I RT'ed O_O

02-13-10 09:24 AM
    scrolling is too slow compared to ubertwitter
    02-13-10 09:52 AM
    Turn on the Message box notifications and close the application. With the notifications, do you even need to leave it open and polling for new messages? This is my favorite feature. I miss lists, though.
    02-13-10 10:29 AM
    Hope the next update rolls out pretty fast! And without asking for the invite codes

02-13-10 10:40 AM
    The retwit function doesn't work. I saw someone mention that it just doesn't show up, but I checked on the website and on Ubertwitter and no RT's of mine are posted

The ReTweet function does work. It uses the new Retweet, you won't be able to see it in your timeline. If you go to Twitter's website and log in, you can see your retweet.
    Last edited by Nalinith; 02-13-10 at 11:37 AM.
    02-13-10 11:35 AM
    Turn on the Message box notifications and close the application. With the notifications, do you even need to leave it open and polling for new messages? This is my favorite feature. I miss lists, though.
    May have spoken too soon. My battery died quickly too--I removed the app.
    02-13-10 09:12 PM
    Dear all,

While I have NOT been able to participate in /t5/Announcements/Chance-to-get-Twitter-for-BlackBerry-smartphones-Invite-Codes/td-p/441689

the beta testing, I wonder if those files linked through /Twitter/twitter.jad are the same .cod files as used by lucky beta testers . . .
    02-14-10 05:25 AM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD