Eh.. Yeah its cool, bit I think the "cool factor" comes down to the fact that its a leak and technically we're not supposed to have it.. Aside from the "cool factor", ubertwitter beats it hands down.. Functionality always overrides "coolnes" and while this leak allows you to perform all the necessaties of tweeting, ubertwitter is more practical and in MY OPINION more user friendly and offers more...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    It's not a leak its a beta, if you want it just send an email to [email protected]. You'll probably have a invite within an hour or 2. I've gotten 3 so far. They are pretty open with the invites.

I'm pretty new to twitter, and until recently seesmic was my choice of client. Uber twitter is just clunky. They spend far to much time making sure every possible function is there instead of a user friendly attractive interface.

The RIM interface is much nicer than most of the others. You've got the functions you need in a pretty interface. Although there are some points that are slow, in generally day to day use, it is pretty fast. I also get annoyed that it doesn't have some visual alert when you have an @reply.

I like TweetGenius, but it's much harder to get to links that are posted, you have to take the picture from the app, and there are many other annoyances.

Hopefully RIM will get the next release ironed out and get some caching in place. So far thought it's my favorite choice,

Ben
    02-14-10 07:01 PM
    thanks very much
    02-14-10 09:48 PM
    BlackBerry's Twitter App is more aesthetically pleasing than �berTwitter. However, �berTwitter has so much more functionality. When BlackBerry Twitter has Timeline, Lists, and the ability to modify ReTweets, then I will switch from �berTwitter.
    02-14-10 10:38 PM
    Apparently the Beta expires at the end of march. So far I like the RIM client, I would like to refresh with greater ease. I would like to be able to use the list feature. like in Uber twitter when I punch in the @ I want a list of people I follow to come up. change scroll style. I love reading every tweet @thatkevinsmith post, but scrolling through them can be a pain. I really like the auto tiny link. I'm a big fan I can see the trends and stuff like that just in case I get bored and wanna see what the world is twittering about.
    02-15-10 05:31 PM
    BlackBerry's Twitter App is more aesthetically pleasing than �berTwitter. However, �berTwitter has so much more functionality. When BlackBerry Twitter has Timeline, Lists, and the ability to modify ReTweets, then I will switch from �berTwitter.
    +1 .... I agree, looks great, can't wait to see this a 2 or 3 versions down the road...
    02-25-10 05:21 PM
    Just downloaded it from the first post's links... works great!! Love it already!
    02-25-10 09:53 PM
    It's cool! Very fast and the UI is fantastic! Me likey.

02-25-10 10:46 PM
    03-01-10 08:01 PM
    That link didn't work for some reason, here's the link I used:

https://insights.na.blackberry.com/R.aspx?a=569

Also, PLEASE, everything you all have been posting in here with what you want seen in the app, let them know. This survey is specifically for the Twitter app and the only way they can fix/implement features is if enough people tell them how important it is to have those features in the app. So, go ahead and fill that out.
    03-01-10 09:20 PM
    I was using tweet genius free trail this kept crashing but seems to be working right now btw free is for me

03-02-10 02:16 AM
    is there another link for 4.7?
    03-02-10 01:00 PM
    Thanks for link
    03-02-10 01:06 PM
    My rep tells me the RIM Twitter app will be released 6th of March. Grains of salt and so forth.
    03-02-10 10:52 PM
    Links in the first posts should be updated to Twitter by RIM v1.0.0.28 - @BBTweeps
    03-02-10 11:27 PM
    Is anyone having problems retweeting? This native BlackBerry app goes through the motions of retweeting, but when I check my timeline, my retweets are not there. Any suggestions?
    03-04-10 06:16 PM
    Is anyone having problems retweeting? This native BlackBerry app goes through the motions of retweeting, but when I check my timeline, my retweets are not there. Any suggestions?
    Mine retweets just fine. I don't know what the problem could be... have you tried the good ol' un/reinstall deal?
    03-04-10 08:37 PM
    Mine retweets just fine. I don't know what the problem could be... have you tried the good ol' un/reinstall deal?
    No, but I did try the logout/login deal.....to no avail. I may have to do as you suggest. I wonder if it matter that I am running .451?
    03-04-10 09:56 PM
    The Blackberry Twitter App uses the new Retweet api. If you're retweeting something already in your timeline, it will not display it again, to prevent multiple tweets of the same thing in your timeline. This makes your timeline cleaner. So basically, you're not supposed to see stuff you've retweeted.
    03-05-10 05:41 AM
    The Blackberry Twitter App uses the new Retweet api. If you're retweeting something already in your timeline, it will not display it again, to prevent multiple tweets of the same thing in your timeline. This makes your timeline cleaner. So basically, you're not supposed to see stuff you've retweeted.
    Okay. I see. It is unlike the �bertwitter app, wherein you actually see your retweet, as you stated. Thanks. Problem solved.
    Last edited by SanctiSpiritus; 03-05-10 at 06:12 AM.
    03-05-10 06:09 AM
    Hmm. If I retweet using the BlackBerry Twitter App, then concurrently look at my timeline by logging in to the Twitter website using a PC, should I not actually see my retweet in my timeline on the PC? Sorry if I am being obtuse.
    Thanks for the help.
    I believe you will see it on the website. The reason for this is because the API is just an interface that clients use to connect to twitter. And the retweet api does not display your retweet in the client. On the browser however, I believe you will be able to see it.
    03-05-10 06:12 AM
    Mine retweets fine as well. Anxious to see what happens March 31. Do our Twitter apps just stop working or are we getting an update?!
    03-09-10 11:39 AM
    I like to add to my RT's before sending them.

This app has a dope interface, but wit a few more
    updates it could really be a problem for UT, TG, and
    maybe not so much for SS, lol.
    03-10-10 05:07 PM
    They are still giving out codes if you email them. I got one today. I was tired of that redirect message
    03-11-10 10:00 PM
98 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD