First off, let me start by saying this is an idea I borrowed / liked-too-much from Kevin... He tweeted yesterday something like "how about we get RIM on the next podcast, follow and send tweets to @jimbalsillie, co-CEO of RIM"

Well, I did follow Jim Balsillie, also sent him a tweet reading "Would you consider joining a CrackBerry podcast, addressing and answering questions of RIM's biggest fanbase? Thank you" - fits the limit perfectly.

So, here it is - how many of you wish to hear a RIM exec on the CB podcast? And, how much do you want it - would you follow Mr. RIM co-CEO and send him a nice request?

I am assuming that once he jumps from 1276 followers yesterday to 1717 today, to XXXX tomorrow, all asking him to join... well, he just might? Please be nice and use proper language addressing the guy, yeah?
    08-28-09 05:20 AM
    That account has not been used since May. Also it may not even be the real Jim Balsillie. I doubt anything useful will come of this.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-28-09 08:48 AM
    You never know. I also responded to Kevin's tweet yesterday.
    08-28-09 10:14 AM
    That account has not been used since May. Also it may not even be the real Jim Balsillie. I doubt anything useful will come of this.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Ignore this negativity OP. It is invalid.
    08-28-09 10:24 AM
    First off, let me start by saying this is an idea I borrowed / liked-too-much from Kevin... He tweeted yesterday something like "how about we get RIM on the next podcast, follow and send tweets to @jimbalsillie, co-CEO of RIM"

Well, I did follow Jim Balsillie, also sent him a tweet reading "Would you consider joining a CrackBerry podcast, addressing and answering questions of RIM's biggest fanbase? Thank you" - fits the limit perfectly.

So, here it is - how many of you wish to hear a RIM exec on the CB podcast? And, how much do you want it - would you follow Mr. RIM co-CEO and send him a nice request?

I am assuming that once he jumps from 1276 followers yesterday to 1717 today, to XXXX tomorrow, all asking him to join... well, he just might? Please be nice and use proper language addressing the guy, yeah?
    Although it may be difficult to actually get in contact with him in that fassion, I am sure if enough people actually wanted something like this "Which by the way is really cool idea" then letters from many CB members could be made, petitions could be signed, and so forth. Your voice CAN be heard.

Now the thing is, I dont think at the exact point in time RIM would ok for something like this because of this reason alone.

They are currently undergoing a face lift in their company, which means there are alot of sensitive information that RIM would not like to share with anyone. And anything they tried to talk about without giving to much info, would end up raising more questions than answers. I think after the Odin and 5.0, things will be alot better for their company to be able to share things with us. But during so many changes I dont think RIM will be to easy on sharing their information with us "as youve seen in interviews". I think they want to gain stable grounding first and remain 2 steps ahead of the game before they can feel comfortable with sharing things with the public and talking about things.
    08-28-09 10:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD