Hi folks,

I wanted to pass along this special offer to the CrackBerry Forums community:

Post a review of CardKaller on any public forum including this one, BlackBerry Forums, BlackBerry App World, Handango, MobiHand (including ShopCrackBerry) and we will give you a free unlock code. No purchase necessary.

It doesn't have to be a positive review though I imagine if you think the software sucks you would have no need for the unlock code.

You can read more about and download the app from CardKaller.com

Here's a bit more info:

CardKaller� makes it easy to use calling cards, DISA, Google Voice and other VOIP solutions
    with your BlackBerry� device.

The CardKaller� dialer software automates dialing so that users can easily make long distance calls without having to remember calling card access numbers, PIN numbers or the phone number to be called. CardKaller� works with virtually all calling solutions and can be used to call contacts from your BlackBerry� address book or one-time phone numbers.

How it works:

1. Pick a contact from your BlackBerry address book
    2. Choose a calling card
    3. CardKaller does the rest

Aly@CardKaller
    the calling card manager and Google Voice dialer
    FREE 90 day trial. Try it now.
    06-09-10 01:53 PM
    I have tried this app, worked fine for me. At the time I used it for international calls to Costa Rica. Costa Rica has 11 digits((xxx)-xxxx-xxxx) and it did not "auto-remove" the first or last digit since most phone #'s are 10 digits and the extra digit seems to "confuse" some apps... Pretty handy app..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-09-10 04:16 PM
    We are now releasing an updated version as 1.0.5 beta. We have made some minor changes to the software so I wouldn't expect a lot to change but there are some improvements.

You can download the latest beta on this page:
    cardkaller.com -> Free trial

As unusual, if you try out the beta and give us feedback, we will give you a free unlock code.

Thanks!
    07-08-10 12:07 PM
    We are now releasing an updated version as 1.0.5 beta. We have made some minor changes to the software so I wouldn't expect a lot to change but there are some improvements.

You can download the latest beta on this page:
    cardkaller.com -> Free trial

As unusual, if you try out the beta and give us feedback, we will give you a free unlock code.

Thanks!

I did a review as you can clearly see, a positive one at that, yet you never sent me a keycode. What's the deal with that?? I have since removed the app because I felt like a sucker..Hopefully you will stick to your word this time!!!

07-08-10 12:11 PM
    My apologies - I figured you would email me with your BlackBerry PIN !

Please send me your BB PIN to support @cardkaller.com and I'll send you the unlock code right away.

Thanks!

Aly
    07-09-10 11:53 AM
    Sorry,haha, I figured you guys would PM me, anyway, it is a great app, nice and small, but very effective. I have sent my Info. Thanks.

07-09-10 12:08 PM
    Here's my take on CardKaller...

This app fills a gap in the call-out feature of the Google Voice app for Blackberry.

The GV app dials a local access number, then routes your call through your GV account. There are several major problems with this:

1) If you use the GV app and have multiple GV accounts, you can only make calls if you're logged in to the account you want to use. Otherwise, you have to log off and log back in as a differnt user.
    2) The GV app doesn't work if you have caller ID blocked on outgoing calls.
    3) You have to add the GV app's access number to your calling circle/F&F if you want to get free calls. Although the access numbers stay the same while you're in one area, they can change if you travel... which means your calls through GV are no longer free.

CardKaller works just fine, and came at an ideal time after s4bb's WorldDialer became incompatible with Verizon's latest OS for the 9550.

Setup is pretty easy, although your directions should remind touchscreen users to disable compatability mode. It would become immediately apparent to most people who've used a Storm or S2 for any length of time, but there are still lots of posts on Crackberry asking for help with problems that are resolved by disabling compatability mode.

You should also mention that calls through Google Voice work more smoothly if you add *82 before the Google Voice number in setup to unblock Caller ID on that call.

The links on the setup screen could be a little larger for the Storm 2 and other touchscreen devices, but you can use the Enter key to move between fields.

I was also unable to enter spaces or symbols in the card title. Since I have two Google Voice numbers, I'd like to call them 1) Personal and 2) Business, but the closest I can get is currently PERSONAL and BUSINESS.

This app is the latest in a line of apps that do the same thing, but the prior ones -- GVdialer, BerryDialer and WorldDialer -- have not been updated to work with newer OS releases to they're worthless. I certainly hope CardKaller keeps up the good work!
    07-09-10 02:28 PM
    I have been using cardkaller for about 2 years now. I originally started as a beta user, and simply can't be more pleased with the product. Started out on an Alltel 8830 and migrated to a Verizon 9630. Their support with the migration has been impeccable.

Truly recommend this program.
    Last edited by MarvBear; 07-18-10 at 09:46 AM.
    07-09-10 04:49 PM
    ...WorldDialer -- [has] not been updated to work with newer OS releases [so] they're worthless.
    Hmmm...WorldDialer 2.1.2 has worked through .681/.732/.794/.810/.822 .
    07-27-10 08:06 PM
    Hmmm...WorldDialer 2.1.2 has worked through .681/.732/.794/.810/.822 .
    WorldDialer is not compatible with 5.0.0.713 for the Storm2. I spend HOURS isolating it as the app that kept my phone from rebooting after the OS upgrade.

When I finally solved the problem, they dismissed it as a known issue that would be addressed in a future release. In the meantime, they never posted any warning about the problem.

I would never trust an app from s4bb again.
    07-27-10 11:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD