Can't tell you how important it is when traveling to find an accessible, clean and safe restroom. I've been to places where there are tons of buildings where it's almost a federal offense to even ask to use the restroom ~ "they're not for public use". Android and iPhone have these type travel apps for their users, but I haven't been able to find a comparable dedicated application for the BlackBerry. Haven't found anything on Mobihand or BlackBerry App World. Laugh if you will ~ a restroom finder app is on Time's Top 25 Must-Have Applications for Travelers! Any help would be appreciated for both free and paid Restroom / Bathroom Finder Apps!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-01-11 01:30 PM
    That's a pretty high standard... clean AND safe?
    As far as I know there's no app for that for BB.
    05-01-11 05:47 PM
    That would be a good app to have. When you have kids, you tend to avoid places even tho' they're in the back seat yelling " I'm gonna wet my pants daddy"...

05-01-11 06:19 PM
    Those are high standards! My job requires me to be on the road constantly. A app like this would definitely save the hassle of the " Not for public use" fiasco.
    I would pay good money for an application like this.
    05-01-11 06:41 PM
    I guess we need a PeeBuddy app kinda like GasBuddy.

But seriously, it would also be great to find a clean bathroom while driving on the interstate on a long trip.

Good Luck
    05-01-11 07:26 PM
    Didja all forget about this one?

BlackBerry App World - SitOrSquat

SitOrSquat is the place to find and record bathrooms anywhere in the world. You don't need GPS in your phone for us to find you nearby bathrooms thanks to our Virtual GPS system provided by Navizon.

It's there ... but some say it doesn't work. How long can you hold it in?

05-01-11 07:39 PM
    Hewy, would that come with a flipped seat system? Instead of stars, use toilet seat icons? Actually, I could see that as being a useful app. Needs a feedback system for updates and such, and possibly have the number of download stations available listed.

05-01-11 07:43 PM
    Hewy, would that come with a flipped seat system? Instead of stars, use toilet seat icons? Actually, I could see that as being a useful app. Needs a feedback system for updates and such, and possibly have the number of download stations available listed.

Could use GPS and have a toilet flush sound when you reach your destination.... OMG i'm sold on this app. =)

05-01-11 08:18 PM
    Sad day!

Maestra likes this.
    05-01-11 08:36 PM
    That's a pretty high standard... clean AND safe?
    As far as I know there's no app for that for BB.
    Love that movie
    05-01-11 09:40 PM
    I'd seen "SitorSquat" but understand that the GPS locator doesn't work properly and it simply isn't available on all carriers. Former users of the app abandoned it in droves, and its rating is pretty poor. I can't use it on my phone. I'll keep looking or maybe work with a developer - who knows?

I did run across this:

Clean Restroom Finder (Free) - Cyrket (for Android phones).

***UPDATE: Apparently SitOrSquat has an updated version for BlackBerry that has the GPS fix: SitOrSquat: The place to find toilets on your BlackBerry! ~ I'll keep you all posted while I test it!
    Last edited by Maestra; 05-02-11 at 01:08 PM. Reason: Additional information
    05-02-11 12:50 PM
    For anyone interested, I am happy to report that the "Sit or Squat" app updated with the GPS fix for BlackBerry works wonderfully! I tested it first to find restrooms near my home - very accurate. The I wandered to places all over the city and checked the app again - still very accurate. It would help if more people provide feedback, which I will certainly start doing should I need to use one of the restrooms found. Please post any comments if anyone else has downloaded and tested the updated app! Thanks - I now have something I can pretty much count on, and the "Add a Bathroom" works great as well!
    05-10-11 08:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD