I've been browsing around and can't seem to find anything, maybe I am a ******., but anyway.

Is there any kind of restaurant picker/locator thing. Either zip or gps based? I don't really care. I found one but it was only supported on like 8900 and the like.
    I'm looking for one for the 81xx series.

Thanks
    Ashley
    09-20-09 07:55 PM
    From your phone go to:
    m.mypoynt.com
    POYNT is an excellent app for restaurants, movies, and yellow pages.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-20-09 08:03 PM
    btw ****** is not the word You are looking for.........
    09-20-09 08:08 PM
    Sprint Navigator is also a good way to search for particular restraunts, places nearby...at least for me it is :-)
    01-30-10 09:08 PM
    what was that app for the iphone... urbanspoon (app world)... finds (randomly) places to eat around ur GPS or a city...

kinda cool and acts like a slot machine... kinda addicting...
    Last edited by sourkevin; 01-31-10 at 02:14 AM.
    01-31-10 02:11 AM
    Poynt, go2, Where, Google Maps, Google Mobile, Beyond 411, and I know there are others.

Last edited by BergerKing; 01-31-10 at 04:01 AM.
    01-31-10 02:27 AM
    what was that app for the iphone... urbanspoon (app world)... finds (randomly) places to eat around ur GPS or a city...

kinda cool and acts like a slot machine... kinda addicting...
    It is or, at least, was available for the BB. I had it for a while.
    01-31-10 08:56 AM
    Poynt, urbanspoon, buzzd. Take your pick.
    01-31-10 09:13 AM
    Yelp works Great.
    01-31-10 01:10 PM
    Poynt works great, integrates well with mapping software, and easy to call restaurant once u find urs. I used Where in the beginning, gives betters reviews of places but I liked poynt for the ease of use and multiple other ways to use it (so fast to look up any name of business, person, restaurant, etc...).

My two cents, keep the change.
    01-31-10 10:53 PM
    I use bing mobile (just select Business Directory > restaurants), also replaces google maps mobile and has built in voice search

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    02-01-10 12:12 AM
    Life In Pocket is the best among all those. You can personalize your search terms so if you don't eat Mc Donald and Korean, you can hide them. You can also enter your own restaurant name or type. The search result comes with user rating and you just click on "Take me there" then LifeInPocket takes you there using voice instructions. You can also open the location using Google/BB Maps to see the route and the area.

You can also see detail real-tim user reviews with vivid pictures of food or restaurants to make up your mind.

We went to a Japanese restaurant last night using LifeInPocket and it's as good as we expected, no surprise.
    I'd just come across the app, personally, and have downloaded it for a test run. I've used a number of the apps, so I'm interested to see how this one works for me. It was also the most convenient link I had, so I figured I'd throw it into the mix. Thanks for the opinfo in reply.

02-01-10 01:19 AM
    I prefer using OpenTable.
    02-01-10 10:17 AM
    The latest version of Poynt lets you search for gas prices as well as the restaurants/businesses/movies/etc it did before. A side effect of Poynt is that when you're viewing missed calls it will add a menu option to do a reverse lookup, and it launches Poynt when you select that. Pretty nifty.
    02-01-10 01:40 PM
    Open table is ok. Similar to it's web site, good for making reservation but not for restaurants, search, reviews and ratings.

It's more of a specialty app.
    To each his own, I guess.
    02-01-10 02:09 PM
    Poynt, go2, Where, Google Maps, Google Mobile, Beyond 411, and I know there are others.

good-free-app-lifeinpocket-gps-nav-tons-features-414665

Interesting to know!
    02-02-10 01:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD