Anybody know any good dining apps for the bb? I've looked but can't find anything good enough.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-25-09 09:46 PM
    Do you want something that will tell you what restaurants are in the area? If so, I like Poynt. Its free, I found it in BB App World.

09-25-09 09:59 PM
    If you ever use yelp, they have an app for blackberry now! Go to m.yelp.com on your blackberry browser. You can search for restaurants nearby or by city/zipcode/area. I definitely recommend!

09-25-09 10:57 PM
    Poynt is my favorite for finding restaurants. I also use Open Table, which allows you to make reservations over your BB once you've registered with them (free).
    09-26-09 05:56 AM
    Poynt is a good app (but I wish there was Urbanspoon like iPhone/iPod Touch) but as another option, the most current version of Worldmate Live has a local search function by using Yelp's database. Not fancy but it does a thing when you are on road.
    09-26-09 09:53 AM
    I'm with you Brian. Thanks to the other posters but I've had poynt for months now and while it does mostly get the job done, I'm looking for the bb equivalent of urbanspoon I guess. Or at least something that is designed specifically for someone trying to find out what there is good to eat in my local area. Usually when I find something on poynt I have to map it on Google maps then read the reviews (if there are any) based on the mapping. That can be rather mundane when trying to decide between severlal different places. I want something that will deliver all of that in one app. No dice huh?

09-27-09 10:35 AM
    I have UrbanSpoon on my bb. Works pretty well.

09-27-09 10:49 AM
    Diglick, isn't it just the Urbanspoon mobile site? Or as an app?
    09-27-09 01:40 PM
    there are a few that focus on just restaurants: Yelp & OpenTable. Both great services though the content I find is a little limited to their own networks.

there are also a few that in have restaurant content as bookmarks inside a their apps: Where & Worldmate. Again both are great apps and use both of them (they both use Yelp content).

there is also Poynt. Poynt is interesting because it munges the different content sources like yellow page content with CitySearch or Yelp reviews with Open Tables ability to book a table. Then gives it to you based on your current position.

I am a fan of having the fewest apps on my device.
    10-03-09 10:01 AM
    Get Yelp! it tells you were the restaurants are at, tell you a bit about them and gives you user reviews and ratings. you can download it at Blackberry Apps For Free - Your Source For Free Blackberry Applications
    10-03-09 02:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD