I'm not sure which of these two apps I should buy for my Curve 8330. I think both will accomplish what I would like, I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with either. I would like to read PDFs from the media card, I'm not sure if I really need to email any PDFs, my BB is for personal use. Do I understand correctly that the BB can open PDF email attachments without additional software?
    04-24-09 01:46 PM
    I have used both. For reading on the BB Repligo may be better because it offers a "Reading View" option that makes it easier to read.

I think BeamReader renders faster but otherwise both are very similar.

One last comment, I recently upgraded my phone and forgot to deactivate Beamreader on the old phone before giving it away. The folks behind beam reader would NOT give me a new code saying they don't trust their customers and someone may just want a second copy. For that reason alone, I won't use another product from that company. They were the only company I had problems with.
    04-25-09 07:59 PM
    I have both. I prefer Repligo over Beam Reader. For starters, I have no problems when activating my copy of Repligo. I had issues with Beam Reader. Also the file structure is better with Repligo. I tried to open a file located on my SDcard with Beam Reader. The folder page was stuck for at least a minute or two....displaying the words "Loading". During this process I'm unable to use my Blackberry. I can't go back to the Home Page or anything. I just have to wait it out, or do a battery pull. Also when you navigate through files and folders using Beam Reader, the folders keep expanding and collapsing. It drives me crazy. Repligo loads faster, and access of files is faster. Beam Reader also has problem opening PDF files that require a password to view. It asks me to enter the password, but it always say Invalid Password. Repligo opens password protected PDF files with no problem. I would choose Repligo over Beam Reader hands down.
    04-25-09 10:43 PM
    +1 for Repligo.

If for no other reason than it's ability to reformat the document for easier reading on your mobile device.
    04-26-09 01:26 AM
    You just missed the sale on Repligo. It was half off of the full price until April 24.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-26-09 04:03 AM
    I have only used repligo so I don't know bout the other one...repligo is awesome...only problem I had was if I made a pdf file and saved with version 9 (don't remember for sure) password it wouldn't open it...kept sayin wrong password...but other then that I love it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-26-09 04:48 AM
    I like the concept that Repligo reopens a document at the page you closed it. A great convenience if your reading a long doc or a book.
    04-26-09 05:35 AM
    Thank you all so much, I will give Repligo a try! I'm new here, I think I'm gonna like this place.
    04-27-09 11:28 AM
    youre gonna love it!
    04-27-09 11:49 AM
    i have used both trials for about 5 days
    beam reader 17 dollars
    annoying disclaimer
    painfully long start up
    very annoying Reendering sign in the corner every time you open the document
    and every time you switch page.
    cant use my trackpad to switch pages

RepliGo 9 dollars
    no disclaimer every time
    pretty quick interface, not much lag when opening documents or switching thru pages.
    reading view!!!
    use of trackpad to go thru pages

as far as beamreader's claims about document accuracy i didnt notice any difference in reendering between two.
    text, images,diagrams, were almost identical.

so my *****(5 stars) go to repligo
    * star goes to beam reader

9 dollars for faster reader or 17 dollars for not so fast reader you decide.
    01-18-10 12:27 PM
    I'm using the RepliGo trial, but not seeing a way to rotate the view... the free software that RIM provides allows you to rotate, so logically if you pay for a PDF viewer shouldn't it include this?
    01-20-10 04:58 PM
    +1 for Repligo Reader
    01-20-10 09:00 PM
    you talking about the docs to go ?
    rim doesnt provide free software to view pdf.
    its the docs to go free edition as far as i know. and its 50 dollars.
    01-20-10 10:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD