Just received a replacement Tour from verizon (certified like new). I activated the phone and found that all of the preloaded software is missing on the phone. (browser, backup assistant, NFL mobile, skype, app world, etc..) I am also unable to set up a non BES email...Anyone have any ideas on what to do??
    08-10-10 08:05 PM
    It sounds like you got a phone with an IT Policy still on it. That's unacceptable. It's certifiably NOT like new in that condition. I would reject it. If they left an IT policy on it, who knows what else wasn't fixed?

If rejecting it is not an option, you can follow this procedure to remove the IT Policy: Removing an IT Policy from a BlackBerry phone.
    08-10-10 09:55 PM
    Based on that thread, I should be seeing a red lock on the firewall settings, but i can access those settings just fine...I'm so confused
    08-11-10 12:35 AM
    Just received a replacement Tour from verizon (certified like new). I activated the phone and found that all of the preloaded software is missing on the phone. (browser, backup assistant, NFL mobile, skype, app world, etc..) I am also unable to set up a non BES email...Anyone have any ideas on what to do??
    Sounds like you need to register the device or do a switch device in BIS. If the phone is not connected to the server it will not recieve any of the servicebooks or email set up.
    08-11-10 01:00 AM
    Sounds like you need to register the device or do a switch device in BIS. If the phone is not connected to the server it will not recieve any of the servicebooks or email set up.
    I found instructions from RIM on how to remove the IT policy in the thread linked in the post above. It involves opening a command prompt and the loader.exe. It worked flawlessly and quickly, and now the phone is up and running as it should have been from the beginning. Thanks for the help guys!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-11-10 01:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD