Boy did you hit the nail on the head. SplashShopper on Palm was incredible. Blackberry version is a joke in comparison. On the one hand the creation of grocery lists and checking off bought items is nice, but you cant even search for items by typing the first few letters. And the developers don't even bother to respond anymore. I've recently moved over to a Tour and now the drop down lists are hard to use (you can't tell when you are actually on the button to try to use it the drop down), and it's painfully slow. In fact, it's unacceptably slow.

I just want a simple list that I can type the first few letters of what I need, mark it needed, then later go in and look at only needed items and then check them off. I thought maybe ShopMagic was going to be my answer, and it does have nice functionality, but you have to know what combination key presses to get certain things to happen, and you have to use the alt key for every single drop down list...so it becomes a 2-hand operation instead of 1-hand.
    Searching and "marking" items as needed are available in MyCart! Pro
    Plus many other features you may or may not find usefull! I recommend checking it out!
    NOTE: The free version doesnt have those functions; Trial version of MyCart! Pro coming soon(ish)..
    08-17-09 07:01 AM
    Searching and "marking" items as needed are available in MyCart! Pro
    Plus many other features you may or may not find usefull! I recommend checking it out!
    NOTE: The free version doesnt have those functions; Trial version of MyCart! Pro coming soon(ish)..
    I've looked at your app and what I don't like about it is that one item takes up 3 rows. On my non storm screen I would only be able to see 3 or 4 items from my needed list. That's not helpful to me. I'd rather see the item needed to the left with the category (isle) to the right, and only ONE row for these 2 items. And perhaps making the item clickable so I could open it for details, such as quantity. I'm not looking for something that helps me with budget so much as something that makes (fairly simple) list management easy. And is pleasing to the eye.
    08-26-09 08:25 PM
    Any other suggestions? I used HandyShopper as well, and the one feature I really liked was that I could assign an item to multiple stores (for example, I can buy aspirin at CVS, Walgreens, Wal-Mart, etc.)
    12-23-09 11:05 AM
    MyCart!
    I've used MyCart in the past. The developer is a great guy and is good about trying to update his product whenever he gets user feedback. Unfortunately he's started to use banner ads and I find that completely annoying so I had to abandon his product.

I'm using MaraTick now and it works well (and no annoying banner ads). You might want to try it. Good product and it's free.

Ted Regsuren's BB page
    12-23-09 11:26 AM
    MyCart Pro doesn't have the ads...only the free version does, like uber does.
    12-23-09 11:29 AM
    MyCart Pro doesn't have the ads...only the free version does, like uber does.
    MaraTick has no banner ads at all. The MaraTick app is as good as MyCart and it's uncluttered with no ads.

I looked into the MyCart Pro edition awhile back and really didn't see any compelling features to justify the upgrade.

MaraTick is working great for me.
    12-23-09 11:33 AM
    I downloaded the freeware version of MyCart - it doesn't have the categorization of items ("Pet Food", "Medicine", "Office Supplies") or assigning of items to multiple stores (I can buy light bulbs at the grocery store, hardware store, drug store, etc.) that I got out of good old HandyShopper for the Palm.
    I'll see what Maratick does.
    12-23-09 02:48 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD