I have been a long time user of Beyond411, which is no longer going to be available. So, what is apps are similar to Beyond411? The two things I liked most about Beyond411 was the simplicity and most importantly, the speed.

Any suggestions? Thanks
    06-28-10 10:44 AM
    I would recommend "Poynt", as it seems to work well enough for me.

Download it OTA at Poynt download from your BlackBerry� Browser.
    Last edited by jshuford; 06-28-10 at 03:07 PM.
    06-28-10 12:46 PM
    PLEASE PLEASE DON'T TELL ME BEYOND411 IS DONE!!!

It's probably my favorite app!

Why isn't it working? Why will it "no longer be available"?
    06-28-10 02:49 PM
    The developer no longer uses a BlackBerry and is not going to support it.

http://thebogles.com/blog/

"Farewall Beyond411: discontinuing service on June 30th

I’m saying farewell to another old friend: the Beyond411 local search app for the Blackberry will discontinue service as of June 30th.

I first started working on Beyond411 (then called Berry 411) in July 2004. When I began, the Blackberry was the leading and best smartphone platform, and there were no good local search applications for it. It was gratifying to help fill that gap and to build an app that both I and my users appreciated.

Many versions and users later, the world is a very different place. There are a number of great search apps for smartphones. Smartphones have exploded in popularity and diversity, and I no longer even have a Blackberry.

It’s been increasingly hard to give Beyond411 the attention it needs. RIM is releasing an ever-increasing number of models and backwards compatibility has suffered; most have issues running Beyond411. I really enjoyed being an engineer at iLike and now Google but that leaves less spare hacking energy. Lastly, keeping the web service up and running requires a certain amount of ongoing attention.

Rather than giving users a bad experience, I’ve decided it’s best to give users time to find alternatives and then end the service. Thanks to everyone who has contributed your suggestions and support through the years!"

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    06-28-10 02:57 PM
    PLEASE PLEASE DON'T TELL ME BEYOND411 IS DONE!!!

It's probably my favorite app!

Why isn't it working? Why will it "no longer be available"?

It's not working because its being discontinued. My favorite app too.
    06-28-10 03:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD