I have been reading about the apps that may be making my Storm freeze. Slacker Radio comes up in a lot of the posts. I went to the application folder and found that this application does not have a delete option in the menu. So I erased all the files from the device.
    But the icon for the program still appears on my home screen, again without an option to delete.
    How do I get rid of this?
    Thanks in advance!
    08-21-10 01:49 PM
    You can't...

All they are is links to download the actual app. They take up virtually zero space. Just hide them and forget.

The app isn't installed on your phone, so it's not the reason it's running slow.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-21-10 02:51 PM
    ok, thanks...will do. So...it seems that there are MANY posts around the internet about the Storm freezing up. I have not seen any answers. If it isn't the apps, do you know what is causing this?
    My issues appear to happen when I am unlocking my screen. When I pull the devise out of my pocket and unlock, I find a frozen screen. I can turn it and sometimes that releases it. I can wait about 5-10 minutes and sometimes that releases it.
    I give up and pull the battery about 3-4 times a day.
    Very frustrating. Any answers?
    By the way, when I take it to Verizon to complain, it ALWAYS works perfect!! Urgh!!
    08-21-10 04:34 PM
    Sounds like you are on older firmware or too many 3rd party apps installed, what is your firmware & what is your application memory look like ?
    08-27-10 03:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD