9550 came with all kinds of pre-installed software from Verizon (vz navigator, some game trials, etc), but it also came with a ton of push app icons. How do I remove these, instead of just hiding them?
    11-28-09 11:17 PM
    You can't. Only hiding them will work.
    11-28-09 11:22 PM
    These are pushed by the carrier, and will reappear whenever you restart the device, even if you've deleted them. Best thing to do is add a folder to your desktop, drag and drop the icons into the folder, then hide the folder.

Outa sight, outa mind. The icons don't take any real memory, they're just clutter.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-28-09 11:25 PM
    Disappointing and annoying...thanks for the info anyway
    11-28-09 11:32 PM
    9550 came with all kinds of pre-installed software from Verizon (vz navigator, some game trials, etc), but it also came with a ton of push app icons. How do I remove these, instead of just hiding them?
    You actually can delete unwanted pushed icons in your options and service books. The icon will disappear but after a few battery pulls they do show up again.

11-28-09 11:37 PM
    Disappointing and annoying...thanks for the info anyway
    I know its annoying verizon should have an option to delete them so it wont take up any space.
    11-29-09 12:47 AM
    I know its annoying verizon should have an option to delete them so it wont take up any space.
    All of the carriers do this. It is only a set of shortcuts to the actual application downloads. With devices like Storm, you're not in any danger of snafuing your memory. They are miniscule. You'll gain more usable memory with a Battery Pull than these ta'e up.

11-29-09 01:01 AM
    All of the carriers do this. It is only a set of shortcuts to the actual application downloads. With devices like Storm, you're not in any danger of snafuing your memory. They are miniscule. You'll gain more usable memory with a Battery Pull than these ta'e up.

I see then thats whats up
    11-29-09 01:02 AM
    I just put them in a folder and hid it.

11-29-09 01:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD