Here's my problem: I bought Shazam through BlackBerry App World on my device and paid for it using PayPal. When I log in to PayPal on my computer, the payment of $4.99 shows up in my payment history.

My device (Curve 8330) failed and I had to replace it, now I want to use Shazam on the new device without having to pay for it again. The instructions say to open App World, select My World, then click Log In, and then log in to PayPal, and it's supposed to bring up a list of all the apps I've downloaded, and then I'm supposed to be able to select Shazam and click "reinstall." But, when I log in, I don't get the list of programs I've downloaded. Instead, I get a message saying "no applications are associated with your My World account." Please note that it is not a PayPal log in problem, I know I am using the correct password, if it were the wrong password it would tell me.

What now?
    07-02-10 10:03 PM
    I think you have to change your Blackberry PIN in app world or something since you replaced your device.
    07-02-10 10:17 PM
    I'm not sure if this will help (while it was only a week or so ago, I replaced my Tour with a Bold and had to get shazam again, I don't recall what I did but I did get it again)....

Open App world and log in. While logged in, Press and continue to hold the ALT-key while typing RST (that resets app world).
    07-02-10 10:38 PM
    How many times have u changed devices and do you use the same account on another device?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-02-10 11:25 PM
    Crapworld is the devil. Everything is >9,000 times harder than it needs to be, whether it's getting an update to you already have or changing to a new device.

Buy from Mobihand instead. The Crackberry app store is just Mobihand with a different front end.

07-03-10 01:09 AM
    Mobihand is so much better. Hopefully App World 2.0 will fix this mess.
    07-03-10 06:42 AM
    If you still have your paypal receipt and transaction number just email the developers and tell them you switched devices and bb app world is being an ***. Send them your email, transaction number and new pin and ask for a new Activation code and download link.

I've had to do this quite a few times and it always works no problem. The most they'll ask you to do is forward a copy of your receipt instead of just providing a transaction number.

07-03-10 09:49 AM
    Email the Developer. App World stinks in terms of getting new activation codes for your new device. I had to email BellShare for a new code to BerryWeather.

As others said above, do things through Mobihand. That way when you change your device PIN through there, as soon as it's accepted then all your apps are updated with a new registration code. ^_^
    07-03-10 01:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD