I have several apps on my Curve that I paid for, and was wondering how I would transfer those over to a new device without having to pay for them again.

Would I use BB DM to back up my third party apps and just switch them over to the new one when I get it? Or are the apps device-specific, necessitating contacting the third party developer or my carrier to get reimbursement for a second download?
    07-11-09 10:03 AM
    i would like to now the same thing
    07-11-09 10:19 AM
    I don't know if this will help but when I had to replace my Curve I used the dl links for the paid content from the email I received when purchasing. I had saved them and was able to get my content on my new phone without being charged. I don't know if this will work for you though. I had tried to backup third party apps before switching and none of ther apps showed up on my new phone upon restoring. The app data was there though so once I did get the app downloaded all my preferences were already set up.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-12-09 04:32 AM
    If u got ur apps at cb store or mobihand u login go to ur apps page change the device pin n send a dl to urself

07-12-09 10:59 AM
    It is really going to depend upon the apps and/or where you bought them. Some apps require a processing fee to get a new Activation Code. Some do not.
    07-12-09 01:31 PM
    If it makes any difference, I'd be going from my curve to the tour.

07-13-09 08:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD