Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 28
Like Tree5Likes
  1. kid1990's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    22 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default Recommend POPUP for SMS/ Email/ BBM

    Hey, Im looking for a good popup app capable of replying/editing through the popup itself without having to go into the app.
    Currently i've picked out either BePopUP and Message PopUp but not sure which one is the best?
    Berry Popup seems to have better feature but lacks in BBM.

    Anyone tried either? Or maybe suggestion for different apps?

    Thanks.
  2. MADBRADNYC's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,694 Posts
    #2  

    Default

    Hi,
    I would recommend BerryPopUp (BePopUp); however, it does not allow replying/editing through the pop up itself.
    It will allow you to directly open your email application or reply directly utilizing your SMS application.
    And, you are correct in that it does not support this function for BBM at this time.

    I have not utilized the other application that you mentioned.

    There is also a new public beta for BerryBuzz (BeBuzz) also made by Bellsahre that is available for download which has incorporated the BerryPopUp features.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ml#post7717072

    Hope this helps....
    MY TAKE ON THE Z10... I DON'T KNOW HOW, OR WHY, BUT IT WORKS!!!
    Thanked by:
    kid1990 (11-18-2012) 
  3. kid1990's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    22 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MADBRADNYC View Post
    Hi,
    I would recommend BerryPopUp (BePopUp); however, it does not allow replying/editing through the pop up itself.
    It will allow you to directly open your email application or reply directly utilizing your SMS application.
    And, you are correct in that it does not support this function for BBM at this time.

    I have not utilized the other application that you mentioned.

    There is also a new public beta for BerryBuzz (BeBuzz) also made by Bellsahre that is available for download which has incorporated the BerryPopUp features.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ml#post7717072

    Hope this helps....
    Wow thanks alot! BeBuzz seems alot more better and more features. Sort of eliminate the need of BePopUp. Any idea when the full version is coming out?
    Only Beta available atm..
  4. MADBRADNYC's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,694 Posts
    #4  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kid1990 View Post
    Wow thanks alot! BeBuzz seems alot more better and more features. Sort of eliminate the need of BePopUp. Any idea when the full version is coming out?
    Only Beta available atm..
    NP. You're welcome!
    I also think the new BerryBuzz is the better choice, but I am obviously biased.
    It does eliminate the need for BerryPopUp as an additional application as it is now incorporated.
    The current beta builds are set to expire in a couple of weeks at the end of this month.
    I have no idea if this beta period will be extended or not. Bugs need to be obviously found and fixed prior to an official release.
    The beta is free to participate in, so I don't see any harm in trying it out to get a feel of the application prior to a purchase.
    Also, if you are an active participant reporting issues, there is an offer from the developer for fee licensing upon release!

    Cheers!
    MY TAKE ON THE Z10... I DON'T KNOW HOW, OR WHY, BUT IT WORKS!!!
  5. Jaji_vzw8330's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    572 Posts
    PIN
    eapple EXPress
    #5  

    Default

    Wow I didn't know BeBuzz added BerryPopUp features. That's cool, 2 apps in 1. Even though I use BerryPopup for emails and SMS/MMS, I use LeaveItOn's popup feature for BBM and WhatsApp. With these 2 apps combined I've been very satisfied with my message notifications.
  6. SCrid2000's Avatar

    Posts
    10,527 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,539 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me.
    #6  

    Default

    I didn't know BeBuzz6 did that either; kind of sad actually, I ditched BeBuzz 6 and that probably means the BePopup (which, unlike BeBuzz, I haven't found a better replacement for) will not be getting any updates
  7. MADBRADNYC's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,694 Posts
    #7  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaji_vzw8330 View Post
    Wow I didn't know BeBuzz added BerryPopUp features. That's cool, 2 apps in 1. Even though I use BerryPopup for emails and SMS/MMS, I use LeaveItOn's popup feature for BBM and WhatsApp. With these 2 apps combined I've been very satisfied with my message notifications.
    Not only BerryPopUp my friend...
    BerryMail and SmartAlerts are incorporated as well. Really exciting stuff!

    The need for separate applications will be a thing of the past, and the program size is nominally increased.
    Check out the thread I linked to....

    Peace.
    MY TAKE ON THE Z10... I DON'T KNOW HOW, OR WHY, BUT IT WORKS!!!
  8. MADBRADNYC's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,694 Posts
    #8  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SCrid2000 View Post
    I didn't know BeBuzz6 did that either; kind of sad actually, I ditched BeBuzz 6 and that probably means the BePopup (which, unlike BeBuzz, I haven't found a better replacement for) will not be getting any updates
    Oh. I get what you're saying....
    Well, you know already Bro that BerryPopUp hasn't been updated in soooooooo long anyway. LoL.

    Read my post just above this one...
    Maybe you will grab it again...
    MY TAKE ON THE Z10... I DON'T KNOW HOW, OR WHY, BUT IT WORKS!!!
  9. MADBRADNYC's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,694 Posts
    #9  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaji_vzw8330 View Post
    Wow I didn't know BeBuzz added BerryPopUp features. That's cool, 2 apps in 1. Even though I use BerryPopup for emails and SMS/MMS, I use LeaveItOn's popup feature for BBM and WhatsApp. With these 2 apps combined I've been very satisfied with my message notifications.
    I just wanted to add that I use the same exact apps in the same exact way.
    BerryPopUp for Email and SMS/MMS and LeaveItOn to open up pretty much everything else.

    Well, before this beta I should say...
    However, nothing has changed. The BerryPopUp feature is built in and LeaveItOn is doing it's thing too.
    MY TAKE ON THE Z10... I DON'T KNOW HOW, OR WHY, BUT IT WORKS!!!
  10. kid1990's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    22 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MADBRADNYC View Post
    I just wanted to add that I use the same exact apps in the same exact way.
    BerryPopUp for Email and SMS/MMS and LeaveItOn to open up pretty much everything else.

    Well, before this beta I should say...
    However, nothing has changed. The BerryPopUp feature is built in and LeaveItOn is doing it's thing too.
    Just checked on the site, LeaveItOn seems to be another app that gives popup for all three SMS/Email/BBM and can directly 'replied right frm pop up'. Is it true or any better than BeBuzz from ur experience on PopUp perspective?
  11. MADBRADNYC's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,694 Posts
    #11  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kid1990 View Post
    Just checked on the site, LeaveItOn seems to be another app that gives popup for all three SMS/Email/BBM and can directly 'replied right frm pop up'. Is it true or any better than BeBuzz from ur experience on PopUp perspective?
    No. These apps do NOT allow you to reply directly from any pop up. These apps allow you to receive "clickable" notification pop ups that bring you to the respective application in a readily available reply field.

    LeaveItOn opens BBM, but BerryBuzz/BerryPopUp does not.
    LeaveItOn only opens BBM. It does NOT bring you to a conversation or reply field.
    However; as stated, I absolutely love both of these applications and could not live without them on the current BBOS platform.
    Not sure of their place with BB10 coming, but for now, they are must have applications IMO.

    They work well together and do not interfere with each others function.
    MY TAKE ON THE Z10... I DON'T KNOW HOW, OR WHY, BUT IT WORKS!!!
  12. MADBRADNYC's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,694 Posts
    #12  

    Default

    I also want to be clear...
    BBM is a different story here. It is what it is. It can only be opened.
    Email and SMS pops up do allow you to be taken directly to reply fields. With both applications.
    MY TAKE ON THE Z10... I DON'T KNOW HOW, OR WHY, BUT IT WORKS!!!
  13. Sultan Al Sooz's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    783 Posts
    #13  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kid1990 View Post
    Hey, Im looking for a good popup app capable of replying/editing through the popup itself without having to go into the app.
    Currently i've picked out either BePopUP and Message PopUp but not sure which one is the best?
    Berry Popup seems to have better feature but lacks in BBM.

    Anyone tried either? Or maybe suggestion for different apps?

    Thanks.
    Advance OS and LED has SMS/Emails/BBM (and much more) and you can also reply (and auto reply with predefined text in one click only) using the popup (and yes even bbm popups have auto reply )

    Popups feature is 100% free in the free version of Adv OS & LED.

    no harm in checking out the differences ( power and features) for all popup apps
    If you like my app hit the Like button in Advance OS and LED Facebook Page to download (OTA), stay updated with FB News Feeds, or simply follow Twitter tweets
    Thanked by:
    kid1990 (11-19-2012) 
    ryshhh and wolfee48 like this.
  14. kid1990's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    22 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #14  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sultan Al Sooz View Post
    Advance OS and LED has SMS/Emails/BBM (and much more) and you can also reply (and auto reply with predefined text in one click only) using the popup (and yes even bbm popups have auto reply )

    Popups feature is 100% free in the free version of Adv OS & LED.

    no harm in checking out the differences ( power and features) for all popup apps
    Wow..another great app. Thanks! I'll definitely have a look at it!
  15. ryshhh's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    493 Posts
    PIN
    Ask
    #15  

    Default

    +1

    Great app!

    Quote Originally Posted by Sultan Al Sooz View Post
    Advance OS and LED has SMS/Emails/BBM (and much more) and you can also reply (and auto reply with predefined text in one click only) using the popup (and yes even bbm popups have auto reply )

    Popups feature is 100% free in the free version of Adv OS & LED.

    no harm in checking out the differences ( power and features) for all popup apps
  16. raino's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    7,566 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,816 Global Posts
    #16  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kid1990 View Post
    Wow..another great app. Thanks! I'll definitely have a look at it!
    This is one of the greatest available apps here. Very responsive dev, great support, and a whole lot of features available in the free version.

    I use Leave it On, and it works well. It doesn't show ScoreMobile, Whatsapp or BBM content, just gives you notifications, which if you click on, opens the app (except for ScoreMobile.)

    Is there an app that shows the content for any of these three apps?
    Models and Supported Frequencies: Z10, Q10, Q5, Z30, Passport, Classic
  17. katesbb's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    776 Posts
    Global Posts
    868 Global Posts
    #17  

    Default

    I've used BePopup/Buzz, Leave it On and Advance OS. All work well, but after experimenting with everything I find myself back to just using BeBuzz's "toast" as I have for years, simply because it's much easier for me to read when "on the go" then the busy popups with their text and buttons. The animations in the popups are neat, the popup response options are impressive, but in the end they tend to clutter the display when all I really want to know is WHO and WHAT as clearly and briefly as possible so I can decide what to do about it.

    What would be *perfect* (for me) would be BeBuzz's simple, brief, high-contrast toast look, but with the option to click the hardware back button to dismiss it, or click the trackpad (and/or space bar) to open the corresponding app. No buttons in the popup, no email body text, just the basic who and subject.
    kid1990 likes this.
  18. raino's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    7,566 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,816 Global Posts
    #18  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by katesbb View Post
    What would be *perfect* (for me) would be BeBuzz's simple, brief, high-contrast toast look, but with the option to click the hardware back button to dismiss it, or click the trackpad (and/or space bar) to open the corresponding app. No buttons in the popup, no email body text, just the basic who and subject.
    I haven't used BeBuzz so I don't know the app's UI, but Leave it On has a pretty simple black background, white text display. It also integrates keyboard commands (back key to dismiss, D for delete, space to open, and probably more.) However, I think it doesn't work too well with AOSLED.
    Models and Supported Frequencies: Z10, Q10, Q5, Z30, Passport, Classic
  19. JunkieXP's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    541 Posts
    #19  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by katesbb View Post
    What would be *perfect* (for me) would be BeBuzz's simple, brief, high-contrast toast look, but with the option to click the hardware back button to dismiss it, or click the trackpad (and/or space bar) to open the corresponding app. No buttons in the popup, no email body text, just the basic who and subject.
    I've been involved during the development of the Toast functionality. And they've done this on purpose so it won't actively with your current usage. I prefer this for Toast, you might want to use (Modified) PopUps for this Purpose.
    BlackBerry Curve 8900 -> Bold 9700 -> Bold 9900 - Z10 LE -> Passport (10.3.1.1016)
    Apps:
    BeBuzz, Wunderlist | Tracking: Endomondo | GPS: Google Maps, CarFinder | Social: Whatsapp, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest | Android Market: Snap, Blackmart
    Accessoires: Smart Watch: Sony MN2 | Memory: SanDisk 32GB Micro SDHC | Bluetooth Headset: Plantronics Voyager 510 / Sony BT3700u | Protection: DX Glass Screenprotector
  20. MADBRADNYC's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,694 Posts
    #20  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by katesbb View Post
    What would be *perfect* (for me) would be BeBuzz's simple, brief, high-contrast toast look, but with the option to click the hardware back button to dismiss it, or click the trackpad (and/or space bar) to open the corresponding app. No buttons in the popup, no email body text, just the basic who and subject.
    Quote Originally Posted by JunkieXP View Post
    I've been involved during the development of the Toast functionality. And they've done this on purpose so it won't actively with your current usage. I prefer this for Toast, you might want to use (Modified) PopUps for this Purpose.
    I agree. The BerryPopUp toasts were made to be able to be immediately dismissed so there is no real functionality other than a notification.
    You can however modify BerryPopUp "pop-ups" to NOT have buttons, contact pictures (for faster response), or any message previews.
    You can then just use the keyboard shortcuts.
    C=close
    O=open
    R=reply
    M=mark opened
    U=mute
    D=delete

    I've heard nothing but good things about AOSLED, and the developer, but I've no experience with it, so I really can't comment on that.
    Last edited by MADBRADNYC; 11-19-2012 at 07:41 PM. Reason: Added R=reply
    MY TAKE ON THE Z10... I DON'T KNOW HOW, OR WHY, BUT IT WORKS!!!
  21. mundo472's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    701 Posts
    Global Posts
    749 Global Posts
    PIN
    the tail on the donkey
    #21  

    Default

    Take a look at Super popup. It has less customization but was the easiest to read and the nicest looking. (a little extra time spent making it pretty also made it clearer to read and easier to use). I've used both Advanced and Be buzz and love them for the custom led and other great features, but went back to Super for the popups.
  22. katesbb's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    776 Posts
    Global Posts
    868 Global Posts
    #22  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MADBRADNYC View Post
    You can however modify BerryPopUp "pop-ups" to NOT have buttons, contact pictures (for faster response), or any message previews.
    You can then just use the keyboard shortcuts...
    Thanks for this, I didn't realize about the shortcuts! Pretty neat... I'm trying it out now.

    I do get the logic behind toasts not being functional, but I think one of those other (non-BeBuzz) apps gives an option for popups being interactive or not. Choice is a good thing!
    MADBRADNYC likes this.
  23. MADBRADNYC's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,694 Posts
    #23  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by katesbb View Post
    Thanks for this, I didn't realize about the shortcuts! Pretty neat... I'm trying it out now.

    I do get the logic behind toasts not being functional, but I think one of those other (non-BeBuzz) apps gives an option for popups being interactive or not. Choice is a good thing!
    You're welcome!
    I also forgot to add "R" for reply... LoL.
    When I read you mentioning an app having "interactive" pop-ups I think you may be referencing LeaveItOn.
    It has the "interactive" option to make the pop ups "clickable" to take you to the notifying app or not.

    Enjoy!
    MY TAKE ON THE Z10... I DON'T KNOW HOW, OR WHY, BUT IT WORKS!!!
  24. Sultan Al Sooz's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    783 Posts
    #24  

    Default Re: Recommend POPUP for SMS/ Email/ BBM

    Quote Originally Posted by MADBRADNYC View Post
    I agree. The BerryPopUp toasts were made to be able to be immediately dismissed so there is no real functionality other than a notification.
    You can however modify BerryPopUp "pop-ups" to NOT have buttons, contact pictures (for faster response), or any message previews.
    You can then just use the keyboard shortcuts.
    C=close
    O=open
    R=reply
    M=mark opened
    U=mute
    D=delete

    I've heard nothing but good things about AOSLED, and the developer, but I've no experience with it, so I really can't comment on that.
    I like to go extreme when it comes to user control over popups such as removing buttons, changing popup size, location and colors, every possible key shortcut you can imagine (just press 'h' key when popup window is visible to see the long list of shortcut keys), popup's time and screen light, hide or show contact's details including photo, message text (even BBM), etc...

    Customization list is long, so hope you enjoy your time exploring

    tip: why bother with so many apps when you can get only 1app that includes LED & Ringtones, ilaunch, popups, contacts manager, operating system utilities, phone calls locks and utilities, plus few more apps all in 335 kb
    If you like my app hit the Like button in Advance OS and LED Facebook Page to download (OTA), stay updated with FB News Feeds, or simply follow Twitter tweets
    kid1990 likes this.
  25. MADBRADNYC's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,694 Posts
    #25  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sultan Al Sooz View Post
    I like to go extreme when it comes to user control over popups such as removing buttons, changing popup size, location and colors, every possible key shortcut you can imagine (just press 'h' key when popup window is visible to see the long list of shortcut keys), popup's time and screen light, hide or show contact's details including photo, message text (even BBM), etc...

    Customization list is long, so hope you enjoy your time exploring

    tip: why bother with so many apps when you can get only 1app that includes LED & Ringtones, ilaunch, popups, contacts manager, operating system utilities, phone calls locks and utilities, plus few more apps all in 335 kb
    What's up Sultan!
    I've sent you a PM. Please read it.
    You don't have to go into specifics here (which is why I sent a PM), but I wanted you to have an honest answer to you question.

    Hit me back via PM when you read it.
    MY TAKE ON THE Z10... I DON'T KNOW HOW, OR WHY, BUT IT WORKS!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. More Ringings For SMS/EMAIL/BBM
    By plyallstar in forum Native BlackBerry OS Apps
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-30-2009, 08:00 PM
  2. More Ringings For SMS/EMAIL/BBM
    By plyallstar in forum BlackBerry Tour 9630
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-30-2009, 08:00 PM
  3. Changing notification for SMS & Email?????
    By usva in forum Introductions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-11-2008, 09:29 PM
  4. Can you set a tone for sms/email on Pearl 8130
    By schagg in forum BlackBerry Pearl 81xx
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-17-2008, 07:20 PM
  5. Can you set a tone for sms/email on VZW Pearl 8130
    By schagg in forum Verizon Wireless
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-03-2008, 01:00 PM

Posting Permissions