My friends. I've been on berries for a long time and I've always been, and still am, a little leary about installing third party apps. I couldn't give a rip about paying for them cause they're all a couple of bucks-- I just hate hearing someone's phone blew up after installing something stupid.
    Based on the advice, opinions, and reviews from our fellow crackberry people on this very forum, I decided to buy and install quicklaunch. I figure it's been around long and everyone says it's fantastic. I installed it and yeah-- it's great. I'm happy I did. My question is this.... There's a feature called reboot device listed in QL. I tried it and it did almost exactly what quickpull does. Does this action free up memory (like a batt pull) or is it more like atl-shift-del ... Which just resets stuff but doesn't necessarily fetch you any lost ram.
    And for those of you that are gonna say-- "who cares... The 9700 doesn't leak".... Save it. I know that already. My question is what does it do.

Thx people!
    :-)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-08-09 09:02 PM
    it does free up ram as does alt shift del
    12-08-09 10:38 PM
    it does free up ram as does alt shift del
    so the quick launch reset is the same exact reset as the alt shift del?
    12-08-09 10:40 PM
    yes
    +10 char
    12-08-09 11:10 PM
    Haha. Hesitant to download apps because it might blow up your device? Gee. I should start being a little paranoid after hearing that!
    12-09-09 12:11 AM
    Speaking of QL reboot. Anyone else notice that when you reboot it adds restart to the 3d party applications list under Settings -> Options -> Advanced Options?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-09-09 03:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD