So I remembered today another reboot app I used to use on OS5 before quickpull which is called Restart Me. Since quickpull does not work on OS7 devices as of now, this is a great alternative and works the same way. It has been updated to support OS7 devices which is a relief. Downloaded it on my 9810 and Voila! It works like a charm! So if you're interested (which I know most of you on OS7 do) I posted the OTA download link below. Had to do a battery pull after installing but I don't think its required, something happened to my phone which did not allow me to use the app and required a battery pull. Try it out dor yourself and let others know how it goes. This app is a savior!

Download link: http://www.mobireach.com/upload/193/.../restartme.jad

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-14-11 12:09 PM
    It's also in App World. Been using it since I got my 9930 and noticed Quick Pull didn't work on OS7. Works fairly well. Had a couple of hiccups, but they just issued an updated version yesterday. So far, so good.
    10-14-11 01:43 PM
    QuickLaunch has a reboot as well as scheduled reboot functions that work on 0S7.
    10-14-11 02:42 PM
    Thanks for posting.

10-15-11 12:51 PM
    Can you set reboot time (schedule) in the new version (2.0.9) of Restart Me?
    11-23-11 10:42 AM
    I'm sorry but I don't see the point of these apps on a Blackberry with a keypad. Maybe its good for the full touch models or people who need to reboot daily but I prefer the good ol "Alt+Shift+Del" method. Never failed me yet

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold 9930 using Tapatalk
    11-24-11 02:19 AM
    I cannot believe these touchscreen-only phones still do not have a built-in way to reboot without pulling out the battery. No device should require taking it apart and pulling out the battery as part of its normal routine.
    11-24-11 02:40 AM
    I cannot believe these touchscreen-only phones still do not have a built-in way to reboot without pulling out the battery. No device should require taking it apart and pulling out the battery as part of its normal routine.

I don't see how that would be possible. If the phone locks up or stops responding how else would you reboot it? Only solution I see which still may not work in that situation is to make the power/end key actually power off the phone completely rather than just put it in standby mode. Who puts their BB in standby anyway? With all apps closed and the backlight off the battery lasts for days

11-24-11 03:00 AM
    I don't see how that would be possible. If the phone locks up or stops responding how else would you reboot it? Only solution I see which still may not work in that situation is to make the power/end key actually power off the phone completely rather than just put it in standby mode. Who puts their BB in standby anyway? With all apps closed and the backlight off the battery lasts for days

I've had an iPod Touch -- an old one -- for years and have never had to take it apart and pull out the battery, or buy an app to reset it. If it's completely screwed-up, just hold the Home and Stand-by buttons for 5 seconds and it turns completely off. Then turn it back on.

BlackBerries have even more buttons, so it should be no problem to do the same thing -- in hardware, so it will work even if the phone is crashed or hung up.

But what ever happened to the old concept of a power switch or a reset button?
    Last edited by liquid_metal; 11-24-11 at 03:50 AM.
    11-24-11 03:31 AM
    I've had an iPod Touch -- an old one -- for years and have never had to take it apart and pull out the battery, or buy an app to reset it. If it's completely screwed-up, just hold the Home and Stand-by buttons for 5 seconds and it turns completely off. Then turn it back on.

BlackBerries have even more buttons, so it should be no problem to do the same thing -- in hardware, so it will work even if the phone is crashed or hung up.

But what ever happened to the old concept of a power switch or a reset button?
    I don't think BBs can do that because RIM didn't implement a hardware version of reset in case the phone phone won't boot up. Apple already had the hardware and software to deal with by holding down the two buttons in case an iPad or an iPhone won't boot up.
    11-24-11 07:15 AM
    Restart Me worked fine on my 9860.

(Either Restart Me or Quickpull is launched with a red icon, it is the one with the red icon that I tried and worked for me. Quite sure it was Restart Me.)
    Last edited by vbnmu; 11-24-11 at 01:03 PM.
    11-24-11 08:48 AM
    I don't think BBs can do that because RIM didn't implement a hardware version of reset in case the phone phone won't boot up. Apple already had the hardware and software to deal with by holding down the two buttons in case an iPad or an iPhone won't boot up.
    That's my point, it's inexcusable to design and release phone after phone without such a feature. Anyone who's taken digital design 101 can design such a circuit with just a few logic components. It means they don't care that the battery has to be pulled.
    11-24-11 10:12 AM
    So I remembered today another reboot app I used to use on OS5 before quickpull which is called Restart Me. Since quickpull does not work on OS7 devices as of now, this is a great alternative and works the same way. It has been updated to support OS7 devices which is a relief. Downloaded it on my 9810 and Voila! It works like a charm! So if you're interested (which I know most of you on OS7 do) I posted the OTA download link below. Had to do a battery pull after installing but I don't think its required, something happened to my phone which did not allow me to use the app and required a battery pull. Try it out dor yourself and let others know how it goes. This app is a savior!

Download link: http://www.mobireach.com/upload/193/.../restartme.jad

You can't schedule a reboot with this app like with Quickpull.

That's what I'm looking for.

BlackBerry Bold® 9930 using Tapatalk 1.4.5.1
    11-26-11 05:07 PM
    Quickpull works for me on Torch 9850 (all touch) but I have to turn off radio first. So if you want to schedule a reset just make sure you turn of radio (network) before opening quickpull app, set schedule and don't forget to go under options and enter password if you have one set. Then turn radio back on and reset should work as scheduled.
    Last edited by gmtrainer1; 11-26-11 at 07:06 PM.
    11-26-11 05:44 PM
    Quickpull works for me on Torch 9850 (all touch) but I have to turn off radio first. So if you want to schedule a reset just make sure you turn of radio (network) before opening quickpull app, set schedule and don't forget to go under options and enter password if you have one set. Then turn radio back on and reset should work as scheduled.

Its a shame this doesn't work on the 9930, I just tried it.

Is the a restarting app the has a scheduler like Quick pull?

11-26-11 09:08 PM
    I am using quickpull , if it works on OS7 on my torch 9850. It should work on your 9930, do you have quickpull installed ? What does it do when you launch the app ?
    11-26-11 09:15 PM
    I am using quickpull , if it works on OS7 on my torch 9850. It should work on your 9930, do you have quickpull installed ? What does it do when you launch the app ?

It shows an error and closes the app.

11-26-11 10:44 PM
    quick launch has reboot scheduler

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    11-26-11 11:01 PM
    quick launch has reboot scheduler

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk

Unfortunately its not free.

11-27-11 12:05 AM
    Hankhowdy.....turn off your network connections before opening quickpull app...then set schedule and remember to enter password in quickpull options if you have one set. Then turn network connections back on. If you try and use app manually with your network connections on it will error and shut down app.

11-27-11 01:34 AM
    Hankhowdy.....turn off your network connections before opening quickpull app...then set schedule and remember to enter password in quickpull options if you have one set. Then turn network connections back on. If you try and use app manually with your network connections on it will error and shut down app.

Already tried this.

To the letter.

Any other 9930 user have this running?

11-27-11 01:53 AM
    OK I tried both of these on my 9850 neither works.
    11-30-11 08:55 AM
    This app does not work on my Torch 9810
    12-04-11 05:32 PM
    I got restart me to work buy going into applications and there is a second module that needs permission set to allow.
    12-04-11 05:48 PM
    I got restart me to work buy going into applications and there is a second module that needs permission set to allow.

Just get MetterBerry, it also allows you to reset the device and schedule one whenever you want.

Plus you can keep track of your discharge rate.

Sent from my (374/440/474/540/7.1.0.58/7.1.0.74) King Resurrection Hybrid 9930 using Tapatalk
    12-04-11 06:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD