God this program sucks. Aside from the memory leaks, battery drain, etc... this
    is what I dealt with since yesterday.

After installing the newest version to help a friend out, every time I holstered
    my phone, when I took it out I got an APP ERROR 523.

Fortunately I could press the trackball to reset the phone so I didn't have to
    muck around with reload the OS.

After trying to figure out why this kept happening, it dawned on me that the
    only thing that changed was the addition of Viigo. I deleted it and surprise,
    surprise, surprise, the phone started behaving normally.

That is the last time I am putting that POS on any phone I own
    10-29-08 02:20 AM
    I used it for about a half of a day and that was enough for me

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-29-08 02:23 AM
    Yeah I didn't use it for very long either. I think only a few minutes. Same went for the AP News app. It's much the same as Viigo.
    10-29-08 02:28 AM
    Come to think of it, I actually haven't used it unless I used it for the sake of using it. Thanks for giving my head a shake, there's other ways for me to get the news and sports scores with some simple bookmarks on my web browser(s).
    10-29-08 02:30 AM
    I used one of the early versions and it worked ok apart from the memory leak. I have to say that I no longer have it installed and to be honest I'm not really missing it.

10-29-08 02:31 AM
    Same here. I installed it, checked it out, deleted it the next day - then I reinstalled it to give it another try. Two days later I deleted it again - this time for good!
    10-29-08 02:34 AM
    With you all here. Viigo lasted less than 10 minutes on my BlackBerry. Horrible program.
    Last edited by Pete6; 10-29-08 at 03:01 AM.
    10-29-08 02:47 AM
    Another one here... Deleted after a day.
    I use google rss through my browser (takes up and leaks no memory at all!!)

Refreshing thread... I thought everyone apart from me loved it! Lol

10-29-08 02:51 AM
    lol...... i find myself usually only using Viigo in...the restroom

sorry, but true
    10-29-08 08:44 AM
    Thanks for the heads up. In my newbiness I'm trying to avoid gleefully installing everything I see. This one looks like a pass.
    10-29-08 08:52 AM
    You and Viigo have never seen eye to eye AG. I'm surprised to see so many issues. I've used Viigo on the last three of my devices without issue. And it's by far my most daily used 3rd party app. You still use FreeRange?
    10-29-08 08:53 AM
    ahh.. So Viigo is the program causing the memory leak. I'll wait till it's not beta to try it again.

I was wondering what all the hype was about, I guess I'm not the only one. It does have potential though.
    Last edited by crackcherry; 10-29-08 at 09:42 AM.
    10-29-08 08:54 AM
    i use the program and found myself having one mb left...WTF???
    i have had numerous of app and over 10,000 sms messages on my pearl...
    since the curve is bigger and allegidly better i would think i wouldnt have this problem...so i delete a theme or 2 and battery pull and what do ya know i have 13mb.....
    10-29-08 09:02 AM
    I feel a little strange as it took me over a month to delete. Reason why is I actually liked it. I liked the feeds but the first time I updated it I got my spinning hourglass at least once a day so I just dumped it. The next time the the new version came out I tried it again and thins time memory and battey leaks are now the problem and its off my phone again.

10-29-08 10:06 AM
    I had it downloaded for about 15 minutes before I got rid of it.
    10-29-08 11:26 AM
    viigo lasted 20 minutes on my phone. i liked the concept and thought it was set up well. the memory leak made my phone lag. delete.
    10-29-08 11:31 AM
    I had it for a day and dumped it. From my nonexpert opinion it sucked literally and memory wise. But that is just my nonexpert opinion.
    10-29-08 11:34 AM
    Everyone keeps mentioning memory leak. You guys do know that the default is to move to background on close. This can be changed to close. I have no issues with memory leak and viigo.

Attachment 5430
    10-29-08 11:39 AM
    Doesn't matter, I cleared the cache all the time, I made sure it closed completely on exit, I limited the downloads, etc. And it still kept eating up my memory.
    10-29-08 11:50 AM
    Sorry but I must be a late comer to this thread, could you recap the other 4,328 reasons

I CRACK myself up
    10-29-08 12:10 PM
    i love viigo, no problems, i use it every day, it's my favorite app
    10-29-08 12:20 PM
    Haven't noticed memory leaks. I mainly use it on the weekends. You kniow when the wife is shopping, or at a family gathering. I never really use it during the week, i have the internet for that.
    10-29-08 12:46 PM
    When my wife is shopping or at a family gathering, my girlfriend keeps me busy!!

Just kidding Just kidding

10-29-08 01:32 PM
    I hated Viigo..memory leaks...sluggishness...it didn't even last a full day before I uninstalled it.

I use Freerange now and its so much better. I was initially only using Google Reader but Freerange allows me to read feeds even when I don't have a signal so its a huge plus.
    10-29-08 05:03 PM
    Everyone keeps mentioning memory leak. You guys do know that the default is to move to background on close. This can be changed to close. I have no issues with memory leak and viigo.

Attachment 5430
    Same here.....I didn't notice any problem with it--but I did go and make sure the default was set to not run in bkground.....personally, I like it--I just wish they'd get on their horse about the other things they want to do with it.
    10-29-08 05:20 PM
96 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD