Some background first, especially as I'm brand new here.

A few months ago my employer was kind enough to give me an 8820 so I could always be reached. Personal use is allowed, but policy forbids adding applications.

Before getting the BB, I carried a Palm Z22, often using it to read downloaded literature from the Project Gutenberg web site. This worked great using a downloaded freeware editor. I'm sure the same would be true on the BB, except that I can't install software.

Some of what I've tried:

--Send myself a long email - Won't let me scroll down past the first couple chapters due to large text size.

--Send myself a short email with a big text file attachment - similar problems

--Open full text file in browser - HTTP Error 413; Requested Entity Too Large

--Copy to the Blackberry/documents/ folder on a 4GB SanDisk microSDHC card bought this AM for $10 - Sort of works, using the Media application. The Find function works well for navigation. One objection is that I don't see an easy way to pop to the next screen. I really don't like when you pop to the next screen and it redisplays the last line from the prior screen, but I could live with it if necessary, as I do with email. More crucial to overcome is the small font; I like a large font and absolutely need it during my public transit commute. I've previously increased the fonts in every place in the BB I can find to set them, and this seems one of the few places that doesn't respond.

All advice on the best way to read long text documents on an 8820 will be appreciated.
    11-27-09 04:00 PM
    How about using Docs-to-Go (Word-to-Go)? Send yourself the text as a simple Word doc (I think it opens RTF, too), save to media card (or copy directly to media card from PC). You should be able to adjust font size there, too.
    12-01-09 01:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD