QuickWeather has been updated to v1.7
    * Wind Direction added
    any chance it will be updated in appworld?
    09-13-11 12:28 AM
    how did you get the widget to hide when you open your tray? mine doesnt...it stays there ontop of the tray
    09-13-11 04:11 AM
    i just purchased this app earlier this morning from bbAw, and so far so good !! thx for this, i'll love using this especially when i run my default OS6 styled themes and don't want to show a row of icons, but i'll still be able to show my weather !! w00t !!

the only addition i would like to see if ever possible in the future, is having this weather app be able to use the bw custom icon sets

09-13-11 09:20 AM
    tell me how the bw custom icons work. i dont have bw. do you just specify a location? is there any configuration required? does there have to be specific file names? gimme the 'deets'
    09-13-11 01:50 PM
    tell me how the bw custom icons work. i dont have bw. do you just specify a location? is there any configuration required? does there have to be specific file names? gimme the 'deets'
    BerryWeather custom icons work by bundling a set of images in the root of a .zip folder renamed to the extension .bwi. The files inside are given specific names, and BW uses the filenames to assign the icons to specific weather conditions.
    Here's a BW iconset I did a while back to give you an idea of how it works:
    OSBB BerryWeather Iconset
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    09-13-11 01:54 PM
    ok, i'll give you what i know.

Bw custom icon sets are png images that are 256x256. there are 40 conditions plus 30 moon phases if you want to put those in. So the file consists of 70 png images created as a zip and then made to a bwi. they get stored on the sd card thru the path of 'blackberry/berryweather'

hope that helps you out a little more
    09-13-11 01:57 PM
    BerryWeather custom icons work by bundling a set of images in the root of a .zip folder renamed to the extension .bwi. The files inside are given specific names, and BW uses the filenames to assign the icons to specific weather conditions.
    Here's a BW iconset I did a while back to give you an idea of how it works:
    OSBB BerryWeather Iconset
    ok Scrid beat me to the punch....as i was typing he was posting !!
    09-13-11 01:59 PM
    thanks for update
    09-13-11 05:26 PM
    Pink and SCrid, wana test a beweather icon compatible version for me? it's just a first round test. it will take you about 5-10 mins of setup to do it this first time
    poloandpearls likes this.
    09-13-11 05:33 PM
    There is no trial for QW. I have no idea why it's showing up on the store. I wrote mobihand support so they will take care of it. The app wont work unless it has been purchased.
    Thank you for your response
    09-14-11 01:00 AM
    Pink and SCrid, wana test a beweather icon compatible version for me? it's just a first round test. it will take you about 5-10 mins of setup to do it this first time
    I know you didn't ask me but man oh man I would love to test! Being able to use bw sets would make this app just perfect for me!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    poloandpearls likes this.
    09-14-11 01:21 AM
    Anyone else seeing the problem with the weather widget floating above any apps, not just the homescreen?
    09-14-11 01:33 AM
    I know you didn't ask me but man oh man I would love to test! Being able to use bw sets would make this app just perfect for me!!

Cool. email me at nikkisoft
    dot support
    at
    g
    09-14-11 03:50 AM
    Sure, np. Email sent.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk
    09-14-11 09:56 AM
    Cool. email me at nikkisoft
    dot support
    at
    g
    Email sent!

09-14-11 10:37 AM
    put me on that test list Cheetah, I'm on OS7 and have about 100 BW sets on my card
    09-14-11 10:50 AM
    Anyone else seeing the problem with the weather widget floating above any apps, not just the homescreen?
    yes I am seeing this I disable QW for awhile when started it again it hovers on any screen that I open like app screen options screen everywhere Why is this? H ow to fix this? Thanks!!!!1
    09-15-11 09:28 AM
    synthmole & Cathy, I'm also seeing the widget fade in and out of my other screens besides the home screen. The first time it happened I thought it was a fluke, but now when I use it, it has been happening with each screen change I make. Ie. Opened my oem browser yesterday and my QW widget faded into the screen for a moment or two and then disappeared. reboot or soft reset does not clear it up.

FWIW, I'm on OS6.431-9650.

Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 09-15-11 at 10:03 AM.
    09-15-11 09:59 AM
    Since I installed this a few days ago, my BB has been running REALLY slow. Anyone else have this problem?
    09-15-11 10:09 AM
    synthmole & Cathy, I'm also seeing the widget fade in and out of my other screens besides the home screen. The first time it happened I thought it was a fluke, but now when I use it, it has been happening with each screen change I make. Ie. Opened my oem browser yesterday and my QW widget faded into the screen for a moment or two and then disappeared. reboot or soft reset does not clear it up.

FWIW, I'm on OS6.431-9650.

same for me! it does not go away no matter what i try. I did numberous reboots to no avail. see it hovering on all screens no matter what app I have open. So I shut down
    have OS6 600 -9800
    09-15-11 10:14 AM
    same for me! it does not go away no matter what i try. I did numberous reboots to no avail. see it hovering on all screens no matter what app I have open. So I shut down
    oh wooow, it doesn't even fade back out for you that sux Cathy. Sorry to hear that. Idk what to say it certainly is a great app, I love the option to move the weather anywhere on the home screen.

Cathy, one suggestion which idk if you tried...how about deleting the app, reboot and then re-install. Perhaps that *may* help worth a shot if you haven't tried that already

09-15-11 10:18 AM
    Since I installed this a few days ago, my BB has been running REALLY slow. Anyone else have this problem?
    hi wendiandtravis, and to answer your question~yes I have noticed a slight lag on my bb when running it as well, but it's not terrible to the point that I won't use the app. Sorry to hear ur having trouble also

09-15-11 10:23 AM
    oh wooow, it doesn't even fade back out for you that sux Cathy. Sorry to hear that. Idk what to say it certainly is a great app, I love the option to move the weather anywhere on the home screen.

Cathy, one suggestion which idk if you tried...how about deleting the app, reboot and then re-install. Perhaps that *may* help worth a shot if you haven't tried that already

ok ,thanks I will try deleting the app and reinstalling . Cause I also love being able to move it any where on screen , having the color options for the font and not needing a theme that as a slot for it.
    I have also noticed slight lag on my BB but not as bottersome as the icon hovering on all screens
    09-15-11 10:34 AM
    ok ,thanks I will try deleting the app and reinstalling . Cause I also love being able to move it any where on screen , having the color options for the font and not needing a theme that as a slot for it.
    I have also noticed slight lag on my BB but not as bottersome as the icon hovering on all screens
    +1 Cathy exactly why I like this app so much too !!

Good luck I hope a fresh install will work for you

09-15-11 10:38 AM
    +1 Cathy exactly why I like this app so much too !!

Good luck I hope a fresh install will work for you

that did help, so far. Does not hover on other screens now. Woohoo!!
    now if we could get the BW sets to work with this app that would be fantastic!!
    09-15-11 10:52 AM
157 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD