CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses
| | 09-10-11, 04:26 PM Thread Author #1
QuickWeather Update! now compatible w/ OS7 devices!
QuickWeather has been updated to version 1.5 (all devices)
* Available for OS 5, OS 6 and OS7 devices.
QuickWeather will display your current weather conditions anywhere on your homescreen.
New Features v.1.5:
* minor bug fixes
* ZIP CODE NO LONGER SUPPORTED. - USE CITY NAME
* Radar might work better for those who had issues. MIGHT
New Features v.1.4:
* Added 'Humidity' and 'Wind Speed' to displayable options
* App icon now displays current temperature
* Text can now be aligned center left or right within the QuickWeather widget itself
* When returning to homescreen from another app QuickWeather will fade into view instead of suddenly appearing
* City and Current Conditions display options are now separate entities
* QuickWeather menu option will now take you to QuickWeather Options screen if pressed while QuickWeather is active
* Save Multiple Locations
You can now save an unlimited amount of locations. When you add a location it will now be saved in the 'Previous Locations' list so you can easily select a location. Locations can also be deleted from the list.
* Animated Weather Radar (Currently U.S. locations only. Sorry)
View animated radar of your current location or a locations stored in the 'Previous Locations' list.
Choose from the following types of radar:
Base Reflectivity, Storm Relative Motion, Base Velocity, One-Hour Precipitation, Composite Reflectivity, Storm Total Precipitation
Choose the following Overlays:
Topo, County, Rivers, Highways, Cities, Warnings and Legend
There is a help screen for the radar types that briefly explains what each type is for etc
* 7 Day Text Forecast (Currently U.S. locations only)
View a detailed 7 day text forecast for your location
* Location Aware setting
[Cell Tower Location or GPS Location]
Enable this feature to have QW automatically determine your current location. GSM Devices will use cell tower location if available. If GSM cell tower information is not available or you have a non GSM device (ex: CDMA) QW will use GPS location if GPS service on your device is enabled.
* Temperature 'Feels Like' display
(heat index / wind chill factor value)
* New Location ID method
You can now enter your City Name, or Zip Code, province, municipality etc to set your location.
No more going to the Yahoo Weather page!!
Example: 'Tokyo' or 'New York, NY' or 'London, England or '92129' etc;
* Displays current temperature and hi/lo forecast
* Choose update frequency
* Change background color
* Change text color
* Set transparency level
* Set on-screen location
* Display weather conditions or city name
* Celsius or Fahrenheit
* 2 layout styles
* Also includes 5 day Graphical Forecast display (not a widget but a popup window) which displays temperature forecast, current temperature, current humidity level, wind speed and sunrise / sunset times
Unlike other weather apps, QuickWeather does not work by changing your wallpaper.
QW has a very small footprint, is not active when the backlight is off or your device is in bedtime mode and has no lag or battery drain effects on your device. A Quick and Simple glance at your weather!
Disclaimer: Animated Radar is sometimes flaky. This is due to the radar data being obtained from the National Weather Service and their servers are sometimes unreliable. I will try to find a better service for radar data in the future.
Price: Only $1.99!!
Click HERE to purchase QuickWeather
QuickWeather v1.5 has been submitted to App World. It should be there by Monday along with the QuickLaunch update
See nikkisoft.com for more details.