I know there are various QuickPull threads, but I haven't been able to find what is wrong.

I have installed QuickPull, and I cannot get it to work.

I go through all the Permissions to try and set to "allow", but there is this one Key (Security Timer Reset) that is marked "DENY." Not is it only marked deny, it is white and will not allow any changes.

I have tried various things and I cannot find anything that will allow it to change. I think this is the one key that will not allow it to work.

Is there another verison strictly for the Storm 2? Am I missing something?

Thanks,

msblueline

**EDIT** How to use QuickPull on OS 5.0 - Steelthorn Software - FAQ <- This one worked
    Last edited by msblueline; 11-22-09 at 09:07 PM.
    11-22-09 08:38 PM
    or you can use MeterBerry and have the same feature but more-
    11-23-09 12:47 AM
    I was able to download on my Storm 2 using MSBLUELINE's directions. I tested it. Is it supposed to completely turn off & reboot your phone like pulling the battery? All it did was say your system will reboot in 5 seconds unless you hit escape & then nothing happened. Please advise.

Thanks,
    jeff
    11-29-09 03:19 PM
    I was able to download on my Storm 2 using MSBLUELINE's directions. I tested it. Is it supposed to completely turn off & reboot your phone like pulling the battery? All it did was say your system will reboot in 5 seconds unless you hit escape & then nothing happened. Please advise.

Thanks,
    jeff
    Delete the current version you have on the phone and let it reboot. Go to this link from the browser on your phone: http://files.steelthorn.com/labs/OS5/QuickPull.jad
    Download and let it install. Accept/Save the permissions the application says it wants after installation is complete. Pull the battery and let your phone reboot again before using QP.
    11-29-09 03:23 PM
    or you can use MeterBerry and have the same feature but more-
    Yep meterberry does have that option but with quickpull pro you can actually which days you want it to do an automatic battery pull....not sure about the free version but the pro version offers that over meterberry where you cant actually specify which day you want to a battery pull...

Personally i used it on my Bold and it was great, used to do one daily at 6am so i woke up with a fresh device every morning...my Bold suffers from serious memory leakage...probably due to the amount of apps on it...only have about 15mb of free space
    11-29-09 03:51 PM
    Yep meterberry does have that option but with quickpull pro you can actually which days you want it to do an automatic battery pull....not sure about the free version but the pro version offers that over meterberry where you cant actually specify which day you want to a battery pull...

Personally i used it on my Bold and it was great, used to do one daily at 6am so i woke up with a fresh device every morning...my Bold suffers from serious memory leakage...probably due to the amount of apps on it...only have about 15mb of free space
    Meterberry hais a Daily battery pull or have it do a prompt pull at a certain app mem threshold-
    11-29-09 04:00 PM
    Meterberry hais a Daily battery pull or have it do a prompt pull at a certain app mem threshold-
    Yes it has a daily batt pull but you have to initiate it...as for the prompt pull??..i dont see anything like that in my options

Nevermind i followed the above instructions and now have it working on my S2...have it set for every sunday morning...although i dont think the S2 is going to suffer from major memory leaks like my Bold does but its nice to have that option...getting fed up of having to pull the battery cover off lol.
    11-29-09 04:06 PM
    Sup guys where can I get meterberry from I was lookg for it in app world but couldn't find it can someone help .....? Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-29-09 08:54 PM
    Yes it has a daily batt pull but you have to initiate it...as for the prompt pull??..i dont see anything like that in my options
    MeterBerry can do an automatic scheduled reset daily. You don't have to initiate it manually.

You can also initiate it manually at any time, or initiate it when you receive a low memory notification, which I believe is what he's referring to.
    Last edited by Giant Cashew; 11-29-09 at 09:15 PM.
    11-29-09 09:13 PM
    Sup guys where can I get meterberry from I was lookg for it in app world but couldn't find it can someone help .....? Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    MeterBerry - The Ultimate System Information Utility - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Apps
    11-29-09 09:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD