Just wanted to know if both actually do the same. Or a physical battery pull is best.
    09-10-09 09:18 AM
    They do the same thing, as does left alt+right sym+delete, I think that's the key combination for the restart.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-10-09 09:22 AM
    No, they do not do the same thing.

QuickPull does the same thing that Alt + Right Shift + Delete does, which is a soft reset. A battery pull does a hard reset by removing the power source completely from the device. A hard reset can not be duplicated via software and is a much more thorough way of resetting the device. There are situations that come up on a daily basis that a battery pull can resolve while a soft reset can not.
    09-10-09 10:50 AM
    No, they do not do the same thing.

QuickPull does the same thing that Alt + Right Shift + Delete does, which is a soft reset. A battery pull does a hard reset by removing the power source completely from the device. A hard reset can not be duplicated via software and is a much more thorough way of resetting the device. There are situations that come up on a daily basis that a battery pull can resolve while a soft reset can not.
    Well put... early on I heard from one of the forum gurus that they recommended doing a soft reset at least once a week and battery pull about once a month... I guess it depends on how your device is performing and what you have running in the background, but I personally perform a soft reset every 4 or 5 days, and a battery pull about every 2 weeks... but no software or key combination will EVER replace a Battery Pull!!!

@aristile: What's the deal with the Drew Brees picture????
    09-10-09 11:09 AM
    @aristile: What's the deal with the Drew Brees picture????
    Geaux Saints!!! You can roll with Old Man Favre, its kewl.
    09-10-09 11:12 AM
    This is probably a stupid question: When you pull the battery, do you lose data? Would you need to perform a backup/restore?
    09-10-09 11:23 AM
    This is probably a stupid question: When you pull the battery, do you lose data? Would you need to perform a backup/restore?
    No, there's no backup/restore involved. Its just like turning off the power on your computer.
    09-10-09 11:25 AM
    I don't use any of these apps or the buttons. When I need to do a battery pull I do just that... pull the battery.
    09-11-09 12:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD