I just pulled battery, going to try V3.1.2. If this works, I vote Sparkmaster as Crackberry MVP of the week! Do they have such a thing?
    09-25-09 04:17 PM
    UPDATE: tried this procedure with quickpull pro (version 3.1.2) and it works now! well played spankmaster!
    BOOOOOOOOO! Still didn't work with 3.1.2 for me. Must be bad luck. Anyone have a link for v2?
    09-25-09 04:24 PM
    BOOOOOOOOO! Still didn't work with 3.1.2 for me. Must be bad luck. Anyone have a link for v2?
    just do a search in the store for quickpull

and then do the free download. it will sms you once you enter in your phone number.
    09-25-09 04:41 PM
    doesnt work for me.. i followed directions exactly.. downloaded a fresh copy right from crackberry.
    09-25-09 08:08 PM
    Why does everyone need an app for this, if you have any version of quickpull simply go to options\applications\quickpull press bb button and select edit permission, expand interactions and change device settings to PROMPT. When you save it tells you to reset and when the phone comes back on just allow qp to reset its permissions. I know this is not as clean as a dedicated app but all an app is doing is calling the same procedure.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-25-09 09:17 PM
    Quickpull v1.2 works for me.
    09-26-09 12:55 PM
    V 2.2.1 does not work for me, but the work around seems to work for now.
    09-26-09 12:56 PM
    3.1.2 DOES NOT WORK with .230

so stop telling everyone it does. And just FYI even the designers from Stealhorne said it won't work and they will not be updating the app until 5.0 becomes official.
    09-27-09 03:43 PM
    Quickpull lite 2.2.1

Mine works.. Didnt read from start to finish on this thread but what I i did was..

Go to options / Applications / Click on Quickpull and than edit permissions.. Make sure all 3 are set to "Allow".. Than hit the menu key, go to "Edit Defaults" than make sure all those are set to "Allow".. Seems like that menu dont like to go to allow until you go into there..

Now try it.. You may need to do a batterypull first..
    I got v1.2 to work by doing this on .230. Didn't need to do a BP before.
    09-27-09 04:09 PM
    Why does everyone need an app for this, if you have any version of quickpull simply go to options\applications\quickpull press bb button and select edit permission, expand interactions and change device settings to PROMPT. When you save it tells you to reset and when the phone comes back on just allow qp to reset its permissions. I know this is not as clean as a dedicated app but all an app is doing is calling the same procedure.

The reason for needing an app is for scheduling a pull. If you can figure a way to schedule your fix I would indeed be interested.
    09-27-09 04:12 PM
    I think there is some confusion with quickpull. As I understand it there have been 4 major releases of quick pull:
    quickpull v1.2 go.mobihand.com/?op=dlmh&pd=22989&l=1&ps=1
    quickpull v2 beta (v2.1.1) go.mobihand.com?op=dlmh&pd=27663&l=l&ps=326
    quickpull lite (v2.2.1) see App World
    quickpull pro (v3.1.2) see App World

So when your talking about v2 are you refering to quickpull lite or v2 beta? For my luck I can't get any of the versions to work.
    Last edited by julihn; 09-29-09 at 06:51 PM.
    09-29-09 06:47 PM
    Quickpull lite 2.2.1

Mine works.. Didnt read from start to finish on this thread but what I i did was..

Go to options / Applications / Click on Quickpull and than edit permissions.. Make sure all 3 are set to "Allow".. Than hit the menu key, go to "Edit Defaults" than make sure all those are set to "Allow".. Seems like that menu dont like to go to allow until you go into there..

Now try it.. You may need to do a batterypull first..
    Confirmed with my v2 of Quickpull lite.
    Thank you
    09-29-09 09:20 PM
    Didn't work for me

09-29-09 09:39 PM
    oh well, i guess doing the old fashion battery pull will have to do.
    10-01-09 12:12 AM
    i was a big quickpull fan.....until the .191 and .230 upgrades.

I have tried all the free versions of quickpull and messed around with the permissions. I was only able to get the original quickpull to work one time.....then I would get errors every time after that.

So far, I bailed on QP.....and am now using the free trial of memory eye. works perfectly with .230! you can download it from AppWorld. It says it only has a 2 day free trial, but I am going on a week with it and it is still working!
    10-01-09 08:12 AM
    i was a big quickpull fan.....until the .191 and .230 upgrades.

I have tried all the free versions of quickpull and messed around with the permissions. I was only able to get the original quickpull to work one time.....then I would get errors every time after that.

So far, I bailed on QP.....and am now using the free trial of memory eye. works perfectly with .230! you can download it from AppWorld. It says it only has a 2 day free trial, but I am going on a week with it and it is still working!
    Does Memory eye schedule resets?

EDIT: Memory Eye doesn't seem to reset for me either.
    Last edited by n0m0n; 10-02-09 at 09:51 AM.
    10-02-09 09:23 AM
    If you have QuickLaunch, why did you download QuickPull?

Why not just use the 'Reset Device' option in QuickLaunch?

QP 1.2 works for me too! I also have quicklaunch, don't know if that makes a difference.

Jad link to v1.2 here: http://go.mobihand.com/?op=dlmh&pd=22989&l=1&ps=102
    10-02-09 10:43 AM
    If you have QuickLaunch, why did you download QuickPull?

Why not just use the 'Reset Device' option in QuickLaunch?

I know that for me I just want the ability to schedule a reset for the early morning hours when the device is not being used or attended.
    In other words at 0500 while being charged my device (w/OS4.7) reset itself.

Since QP Pro, Lite, v2.1, doesn't work for me I'll look at version 1.2.
    As for QuickLaunch, and Memory Eye, both don't have the schedule option at this time.

I tired Meterberry but that to doesn't work on OS230 either.

Thanks
    10-02-09 10:58 AM
    Ah ok - the scheduling. I forgot about that!

I know that for me I just want the ability to schedule a reset for the early morning hours when the device is not being used or attended.
    In other words at 0500 while being charged my device (w/OS4.7) reset itself.

Since QP Pro, Lite, v2.1, doesn't work for me I'll look at version 1.2.
    As for QuickLaunch, and Memory Eye, both don't have the schedule option at this time.

I tired Meterberry but that to doesn't work on OS230 either.

Thanks
    10-02-09 12:12 PM
    any update to this?

I purchased Quickpull v3 after reading it works at the start of the thread only to be hit with severe dissapointment when making it to the end of the thread...I love quickpull!
    10-13-09 01:52 AM
    There is a new version out for quickpull lite.

It won't allow me to post the link but:

faq.steelthorn.com/index.php?View=entry&EntryID=15

Enjoy!
    11-06-09 07:45 PM
    Wouldn't it be nice to not have a need for QP??
    11-07-09 09:01 AM
    Wouldn't it be nice to not have a need for QP??
    YES! LOL
    But like any device or computer... it is always needed to reboot sometime.
    11-07-09 10:40 AM
    YES! LOL
    But like any device or computer... it is always needed to reboot sometime.
    Certainly understood...
    I tried the new free version of QP... still didn't work for me
    Not complaining here mind you... I realize there are many factors
    I shrunk the **** out of 328
    Kinna funny... wouldn't it be nice to not have to consider shrinking an OS?
    This can go on 'fer a while :-)
    11-08-09 08:47 AM
74 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD