So I've used QuickPull, Aerize Optimizer, Memorywatcher. I've found Aerize and Memorywatcher to be useless. Quickpull does its job...when it works. Half the time I wake up to it with about 6 errors regarding java script or some other random code. I have to do a battery pull to get it back to normal and running right. Has anyone had the same problems? Anyone have success w another program? Lastly, and the solution that always works, will I damage my Bold in any way by doing a daily or every other day battery pull?
    05-01-09 08:44 AM
    So I've used QuickPull, Aerize Optimizer, Memorywatcher. I've found Aerize and Memorywatcher to be useless. Quickpull does its job...when it works. Half the time I wake up to it with about 6 errors regarding java script or some other random code. I have to do a battery pull to get it back to normal and running right. Has anyone had the same problems? Anyone have success w another program? Lastly, and the solution that always works, will I damage my Bold in any way by doing a daily or every other day battery pull?
    Yep, had the same QP issue. I just uninstalled it.

The only damage on a physical pull is the wear and tear on the door and battery. I just use Alt+Shft+Del now.
    05-01-09 08:47 AM
    does the alt-shift-delete work the same as a hard battery pull? thanks. glad I'm not the only one!
    05-01-09 08:49 AM
    No, not the same, but the battery pull is not necessary 99% of the time. I only pull if the device actually freezes, the soft reset resolves everything else.
    05-01-09 08:51 AM
    I use QuickPull only..
    05-01-09 08:57 AM
    No, not the same, but the battery pull is not necessary 99% of the time. I only pull if the device actually freezes, the soft reset resolves everything else.
    thank you. All I want is my memory back and this Alt-DelShift appears to work. Thanks again. Now if they could just put out a program that actually works at preventing memory leakage..I mean really works.
    05-01-09 09:00 AM
    I dont have any prtoblem with the QuickPull. I have had schedule it to run every day at 4am. but i found it is too much. If i could do it once a week or once a month that would be nice. Now i just run QuickPull manually once a week or so.
    Last edited by matrix; 05-01-09 at 09:04 AM.
    05-01-09 09:02 AM
    thank you. All I want is my memory back and this Alt-DelShift appears to work. Thanks again. Now if they could just put out a program that actually works at preventing memory leakage..I mean really works.
    Any leakage is caused by a faulty app or settings in an app. I never look at my memory, as long as the phone works correctly it just does not matter.
    05-01-09 09:03 AM
    try the new v2 beta, works fine here.
    05-01-09 09:04 AM
    Love the title. I've never had an issue with QP, has always worked fine for me. Glad you found what works for you.

I never look at my memory, as long as the phone works correctly it just does not matter.
    bt, I think just about everyone here would be well served by thinking along these lines. It's amazing how much of a habit checking memory becomes. Seems that once you have it in your head that your free memory should be as high at all times as it can possibly be, you're doomed to check it on a regular basis. It's a habit for sure.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-01-09 09:44 AM
    Yep, and the bad thing is people are not installing useful apps just to keep memory high. To each his own.
    05-01-09 09:50 AM
    I found that half of my java script errors were a result of some old app i was trying and it expired or something to that nature. I would look at your application index and see if something is there that is no longer working or expired.

I say this as I tried QP for two weeks straight and had that issue, it was Berryweather that caused the problem.
    05-01-09 09:50 AM
    No problems running quickpull..been running ever since i got my Bold back in Dec. I have it scheduled to run every night at 4am and it works perfectly well..i wake up to a nice fresh device.
    05-01-09 09:57 AM
    I just take out the battery once a week this works wonders.
    05-01-09 10:26 AM
    I use QuickPull about once a week and do an actual physical battery pull twice a month.
    05-01-09 11:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD