Got this in a twitter update. Sorry if already posted.

How to use QuickPull on OS 5.0 - Steelthorn Software - FAQ
    10-25-09 09:41 PM
    Sweet thanks
    10-25-09 09:43 PM
    I like the new UI. It's a lot better than the older version that I had.
    10-25-09 09:46 PM
    Didn't work for me

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-26-09 11:39 AM
    Link for the free version in the post is now working... I get a gateway timeout error.
    10-26-09 11:51 AM
    Got this in a twitter update. Sorry if already posted.

How to use QuickPull on OS 5.0 - Steelthorn Software - FAQ
    Thanks for this. It worked, although it seemed to give me the it's going to reboot in 5 seconds message twice and changed so fast I couldn't click the "reboot" button. But bottom line, it rebooted so for now it will do.

Update: I just tried the "reset device" option under Quick Launch now after installing this and it now also works.
    Last edited by mg6035; 10-26-09 at 12:31 PM. Reason: Updated information
    10-26-09 12:28 PM
    Still doesn't work for me. There's 1 permission (Security Timer Reset) that is locked down on "Deny" and I cannot change.
    10-26-09 12:50 PM
    Link for QP Pro not working either. It's weird. If I put the URL's in my desktop browser I get prompted for the .jad file download. On the BB browser, I get a timeout error.
    Last edited by dbone15; 10-26-09 at 01:06 PM.
    10-26-09 01:00 PM
    Still doesn't work for me. There's 1 permission (Security Timer Reset) that is locked down on "Deny" and I cannot change.
    When you first installed it did it ask you if you wanted to grant it trusted application status? If so, you need to say yes, then edit default permissions to all allow. Then do a real battery pull. After that, see if it will work. You may need to delete and reinstall to get it to ask for trusted status again. If you did that the first time I don't know what the problem might be.
    10-26-09 01:02 PM
    To those of you with problems sorry to hear. Since it worked for me, I posted the link in hopes that it would give you a temporary fix. The good news is that they have already started working on the official QP for 5.0.

BTW, I am running .323. It states on the link:
    Confirmed builds: OS 5.0.0.252, OS 5.0.0.314, OS 5.0.0.323

So it may not be ready for .328. Just a guess.
    10-26-09 01:05 PM
    When you first installed it did it ask you if you wanted to grant it trusted application status? If so, you need to say yes, then edit default permissions to all allow. Then do a real battery pull. After that, see if it will work. You may need to delete and reinstall to get it to ask for trusted status again. If you did that the first time I don't know what the problem might be.
    Thanks, I thought I said yes, but I'll reinstall and try again.
    10-26-09 01:09 PM
    Does scheduling work or is this just like the other version and only works if you click reboot now
    10-26-09 01:15 PM
    QuickPull Light worked one time for me. Now I just get the usual error. And yes, all permissions are set to allow.
    10-26-09 01:27 PM
    Does scheduling work or is this just like the other version and only works if you click reboot now
    Just tested the scheduled reboot and it did not work. It came up with the "the phone is going to reboot" message but I had to click reboot now for it to do it. Won't work if you do like I do sometimes and schedule a reboot for the middle of the night.
    10-26-09 01:28 PM
    Works for me.
    10-26-09 01:52 PM
    Thank you very much for the link. This is the only thing I was having trouble with after the update.
    10-26-09 01:53 PM
    Reinstalling and giving it trusted application status didn't work, Security Timer Reset is still locked on Deny, which seems to be the problem.

Are there any other free rebooting apps?
    10-26-09 01:58 PM
    Reinstalling and giving it trusted application status didn't work, Security Timer Reset is still locked on Deny, which seems to be the problem.

Todd this is a beta version, so please email Steelthorn on that link that I posted and let them know your problem.
    10-26-09 02:59 PM
    So I've downloaded this beta 3-4 times, reinstalled it, uninstalled it, set permissions to ALLOW ALL, battery pull, Chose to select "trust blah blah blah", and I cannot get the reset or scheduled reset to work properly. Looks like this clearly does not work on .328.
    10-26-09 03:58 PM
    So I've downloaded this beta 3-4 times, reinstalled it, uninstalled it, set permissions to ALLOW ALL, battery pull, Chose to select "trust blah blah blah", and I cannot get the reset or scheduled reset to work properly. Looks like this clearly does not work on .328.
    It clearly isn't working for YOU. However it works like a dream for me.
    10-26-09 04:24 PM
    For those that don't have it working with .328, are you using a theme? It worked smoothly for me until I ran the Hybrid theme. After that, it kept asking me if I wanted to grant it trusted application status, even tho everything is set to allow. This didn't happen pre theme.

10-26-09 05:40 PM
    I do have a simple today theme. That may be causing the problem. Bummer.

10-26-09 08:12 PM

Are you connected to a BES?
    10-26-09 08:25 PM
    I have no theme, BIS, and .328 installed. Does not work for me with all permissions set to "allow". It keeps asking me to add it to trusted libraries or something and then errors out saying the lib file can't run, this is regardless of if I actually select "yes" or not to add to trusted yada yada .. Oh well

Any other apps that reboot for 5.0 OS?
    10-27-09 09:30 AM
    Is everyone making sure they set all the permissions for the application to "Allow" and also setting the default permissions to "Allow" as well?

EDIT DEFAULT PERMISSIONS
    Open the applications menu,
    press the bb button to bring up the menu
    press on "edit default permissions"
    change all to "allow"
    press back button and choose save.

EDIT APPLICATION PERMISSIONS
    Open the applications menu,
    highlight the app you want to edit permissions for.
    press the bb button to bring up the menu
    press on "edit permissions"
    change all to "allow"
    press back button and choose save.

once all that is set to allow, try it again. that fixed it for me.
    quickpull and quicklaunch both reboot my bb now.
    10-27-09 10:18 AM
53 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD