So I opened a ticket with Steelthorn about my issue back on 7/24 and I haven't heard back from them. I figured I would throw it out to the experts here.

Here is the ticket info:
    Trying to reset my device and I get the error "Uncaught Exception: java.lang.IllegalArguementException" and "Application Terminated:QuickPull has been denied the InputSimulation" Permission. Input Simulation permission is set to "Allow"

I am running 4.7.0.148

Any idea's?
    08-01-09 07:03 PM
    hmmm and i was about to purchase this since as it was 0.99cents
    08-01-09 08:30 PM
    I wanted to add some more info....

I have done multiple battery pulls

Deleted the app and reinstalled it both OA and from the desk top. I've done this a bunch of times as well
    08-01-09 09:45 PM
    do to app list and see if there is a new app in the list. the version number will be 0.0 if there is delete.
    08-01-09 10:31 PM
    hmmm and i was about to purchase this since as it was 0.99cents
    I have never had any problems with QuickLaunch. It is a solid utility. I would recommend everybody having it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-02-09 03:41 AM
    I have never had any problems with QuickLaunch. It is a solid utility. I would recommend everybody having it

same here. It is a very useful app, but I have no idea about the Pro problem. I have Pro installed, but have never had that problem, either with the free or Pro version
    08-02-09 11:31 AM

QuickPULL and QuickLAUNCH are two completely different programs. I think the op was referring to QuickPull which is a battery pull simulator.

I have a tech. support ticket into them for a different problem. I hope they get back to me soon about it. A week is too long to wait for support IMO.
    08-02-09 12:54 PM
    I have been running QuickPull Pro for a week now with no issues. the free version was great and i found that the Pro version has been the same so far.

I am running 4.7.0.148
    08-02-09 02:17 PM
    Your right, I was not thinking, It is QuickPull Pro. DOH!!!!
    08-02-09 10:40 PM
    7 answers to the starting post and none of them is addressing the problem
    I had the same messages with .151, upgraded to .164 and the messages are gone. But it's still asking me for "Reboot Now or Later". Shouldn't it be rebooting automatically on a scheduled reboot? Otherwise a fine app.
    Device is neither locked nor holstered at that time.

I'm curious for some helpful suggestions, too.
    Last edited by Andiah; 08-02-09 at 11:28 PM.
    08-02-09 11:25 PM
    Updated to 151 and it now works
    08-03-09 11:18 AM
    Updated to 151 and it now works
    Good for you!

Does it reboot automatically at a scheduled time?
    08-03-09 09:17 PM
    It should do it. I set it for 4 am, but when I woke up their was a permission request that I accepted and then it rebooted. I have set all permissions to allow and I will set a test for a few minutes from now.

Also - I finally heard back from support. This is what they told me to do:

About the Permissions...
    Options > Advanced Options > Applications > Highlight Email Setup Application > BB Menu key > Edit Default Permissions > Make sure all are set to Allow.
    08-04-09 08:01 AM
    I just ran a test, and it rebooted as scheduled.

Now I am Happy I bought the Seido Innocase 360 which makes manual battery pulls near impossible, which is why I bought QuickPull. Love the case.
    08-04-09 08:08 AM
    I tried this:
    "About the Permissions...
    Options > Advanced Options > Applications > Highlight Email Setup Application > BB Menu key > Edit Default Permissions > Make sure all are set to Allow."

When I hit the BB Menu key I get the options to Show Keyboard, Switch App or Close. The screen I'm on is Email Setup Application Properties.

I have also had some problems w/ QuickPull, my error is:
    Application Terminated: QuickPullMoniter has been denied the "input Simulation" permission.

I have no idea where that permission is, can someone help me? I am a VERY newbie.
    08-04-09 10:16 AM
    I just ran a test, and it rebooted as scheduled.

Now I am Happy I bought the Seido Innocase 360 which makes manual battery pulls near impossible, which is why I bought QuickPull. Love the case.
    And good for you again...! Followed your instructions and I still get asked, whether I want to reboot now or later. Maybe I'll try the upgrade from 3.0.4 to 3.1.1 later on.

@cattywoman,

just highlight and don't click the Email Setup Application and then press the BB-button and there you should go.
    08-04-09 11:32 PM
    Finally...! Upgrading to 3.1.1 solved my problem. Now I can entirely agree, that Quickpull Pro is a very good app.
    08-05-09 02:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD