I get the same QuickPullLib thing. I've tried everything. I'm thinking its related to BES and the fact the Firewall is enabled. Unable to disable firewall with BES. Does anyone have a workaround?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-26-09 01:25 PM
    On the new version of QUICKPULL Free the scheduling reset works.

get it from here: QuickPull FREE Works with 5.0
    10-26-09 01:33 PM
    I get the same QuickPullLib thing. I've tried everything. I'm thinking its related to BES and the fact the Firewall is enabled. Unable to disable firewall with BES. Does anyone have a workaround?

I was getting the same error, however I followed these steps exactly and it started working.

Options - applications
    Select Quickpull Lite
    BB Button -edit permissions
    SET ALL TO ALLOW
    BB button- Save
    BB Button - > SET AS DEFAULTS
    "Do you want to save these as default permissions - chose YES"
    10-26-09 01:43 PM

Directly from the new beta website.

REQUIREMENTS

You must meet the following requirements to use QuickPull on OS 5:

� A BlackBerry device running OS 5.0.0.252+. No lower version will work. To check your OS version, go to Options > About menu on your device. Confirmed builds: OS 5.0.0.252, OS 5.0.0.314, OS 5.0.0.323.
    � No association with a BlackBerry Enterprise Server or other IT Policy.
    10-26-09 01:49 PM
    Nice. Well looks like ill have to find a reset alternative. Thanks.

10-26-09 02:09 PM
    Just downloaded the link and followed it eaxctly. Worked for me. The only thing is that if my SlideLock is on or activated, QP doesnt work on schedule setting, UNTIL I slide to unlock... Thats not a biggie for me. If you just hit reset after opening up QP, it works perfect, everytime.. Thanks for the link from Steelthorn!
    10-26-09 02:16 PM
    This is great...downloaded the Free version and just watched it do the scheduled reset...works totally works fine...

Now, the only problem is the white bars that return after every reset. I know about the work around, but it would really **** me off to have to do that every morning...Any thoughts???
    10-26-09 02:20 PM
    there was a thread on this recently and one of the posters was talking about how setting all default permissions to allow could compromise Rim's security on the phone. It made me a bit apprehensive. I'll just wait for an update and do the ##000000 trick til then. Thanks for sharing though.
    10-26-09 02:47 PM
    Looks like steelhorn has a new beta for 5.0 and it works on both LITE and PAY versions.

check their website.. explains the exact way to use it on 5.0.328 and others over 5.0.252+

How to use QuickPull on OS 5.0 - Steelthorn Software - FAQ
    Did it...yep...it works...and even scheduling works! However, I noticed that my email screen came up for a brief second while it was shutting down...wonder what that was all about? Seems like this is the only quickpull version which will work under v5.0.
    10-26-09 06:34 PM
    I am also now able to testify that the new beta version on quickpull now works with 5.0. I gotta admit the folks over there at steelehorn sure worked fast to get this out. I'm just glad they did. Also as stable as my memory has been in the the last almost 24 hours I almost don't see a need for quickpull anymore. Although I will still have it reseting my phone everymorning at 4 am simply cause it cant hurt anything.
    10-26-09 07:14 PM
    Have any BES users that cannot change the Security Timer Reset permission had any luck getting it to work?

What is the ##000000 trick?
    Last edited by ToddL; 10-26-09 at 08:39 PM.
    10-26-09 08:36 PM
    Have any BES users that cannot change the Security Timer Reset permission had any luck getting it to work?

No, and we're not going to be able to, according to the documentation. I'm in the same boat and looking for a new reset paddle myself.
    10-26-09 08:45 PM
    QUICKPULL LITE WORKS, DO THE FOLLOWING

Options - applications
    Select Quickpull Lite
    BB Button -edit permissions
    SET ALL TO ALLOW
    BB button- Save
    BB Button - > SET AS DEFAULTS
    "Do you want to save these as default permissions - chose YES"
    Phone will temporarily "lock" meaning its writing some big instructions.

Quickpull will now work just fine
    BUT AGAIN THIS IS FOR QUICKPULL LITE, No scheduled resets only manual
    Thanks! Works great now!
    10-26-09 08:47 PM
    I am using the old free version and just did the above and it reset manually. I have not tried the scheduled one yet.
    10-26-09 09:12 PM
    thanks for the help. it works now
    10-26-09 10:16 PM
    How did you get device reset to work in quicklaunch with .328?
    10-26-09 10:40 PM

hit phone button, type ##000000, hit phone button again, scroll down to where it says "SIP password' type VZW. hit menu button, select save. That resets the device. It sounds tedious, but is actually quite easy.
    10-26-09 10:54 PM
    From Steelhorn about BIS;
    Please note, if any of the permissions below are greyed out, or you can not change them, then your device is probably managed by a BlackBerry Enterprise Server. If this is the case, you will want to contact your BlackBerry Enterprise Server administrator about removing the restrictive IT policy settings.
    10-26-09 11:14 PM
    quickpull lite works perfect, thanks very much jachargu3!!!!!
    10-27-09 01:44 AM
    Works with QuickPull Pro for me . . .
    Thanks!
    11-03-09 04:18 PM
    For instance, I have it set to reset daily at 3:30 AM. From time to time (randomly) I awake to find it did not reset. Today it did not reset and I opened the ap and it indicates that it is set to reset daily at 3:30 AM and that the next scheduled reset is Wednesday at 3:30 AM. What's up with that?
    Anyone else having this issue?
    All permissions are set to "Allow" so that's not it.
    11-04-09 10:26 AM
    I haven't been able to get the new version of Quickpull for 5.0 to work for me as far as scheduled resets go yet. Either the free version doesn't allow scheduled resets even though it allows you to set them up or it has something to do with the StormSlider app I am using. It works when I use it for a manual reset.

I have Stormslider set to not run on startup & not run on charger. My phone is set to turn on at 6:30 am & is always on the charger at night. I set the new Quickpull to reset at 6:35 am & it hasn't worked yet. The phone is on & Stormslider isn't running but no reset. I'll have to try a few more settings to see if I can get it to work.
    11-04-09 12:31 PM
    I just got Quick pull to work correctly.

Like many people on here, I had a lot of problems originally from things being randomly selected on the screen like it is possessed to it getting stuck on the your phone will reboot in 5 seconds screen. I tried to uninstall it and reinstall it but to no avail. So I did a little more digging and found that there is actually a newer version of the app then the one that is currently on App World.

Steps:

Completely uninstall quick pull.
    1. Options>Applications>[Highlight Quickpull]>BB button>Delete>Device will reset

2. Go to App world and go to MyWorld (bottom right icon on screen) and make sure that it does not have Quick Pull Archived...if it does delete it from there.

3. Go to downloads folder and make sure that Quick Pull is not archived from there.

4. Now if you go to App World and go to Quick Pull it should say version 3.5.4 and have option to Reinstall (DO NOT INSTALL FROM HERE)

5. Instead on your BB go to tinyurl.com/ykebhod (QuickPull Pro)
    tinyurl.com/ykwgnkk (QuickPull Free)

6. Set Application Permissions (make sure all are allow) Then download.

7. These are the steps I did on my Storm and the manual reset works and the scheduled reset works. I did not have a chance yet to see if it prompts me to restart if my memory falls below a certain thresh hold yet.

8. One thing I did notice...when my BB boots back up and gets back to the home screen it takes a good minute or so before I can get anything to click...so don't battery pull, give it a little while to reboot itself. ****IF ANYONE KNOWS HOW TO DECREASE THIS AMOUNT OF TIME LET ME KNOW **
    11-09-09 12:11 AM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD