Hello,

Ever since I downloaded .148 from Verizon, I haven't had the need to do a soft reset via QuickPull. Well today, that changed and when I went for a soft reset, I clicked Yes in the QuickPull option only to see the BB pinwheel of confusion come up while the Storm worked, followed by an "uncaught exception: java.lang.illegalArgumentException error."

Has anyone had this trouble? I tried adjusting the permissions and even redownloading it, but nothing changed. Did .148 mess up QuickPull? Ideas, please?
    06-09-09 03:17 PM
    I have used quickpull on 148 without any problem.
    06-09-09 03:21 PM
    Install(Un + Re)... lol get it?

Uninstall it and then reinstall it (ya i know bad joke w.e)

That came up with me the first time I used it but I reinstalled and it was fine

Actually, do a batteery pull first and see how that does it... sounds weird doing a battery pull for quickpull but give it a try
    06-09-09 03:23 PM
    I tried both a battery pull and then uninstalling and reinstalling. Again nothing changes. I guess I am without this app now.
    06-09-09 03:46 PM
    no problmes here reboots every night
    06-09-09 03:48 PM
    Yeah quick pull works fine on .148 for me too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-09-09 03:55 PM
    Did you give QP all the permissions it asks for?

Edit permissions and make sure everything is set to Allow.
    06-09-09 03:55 PM
    Is it possible for someone to check your applications (options> advanced options> applications.) What is your version of QuickPull?

I had to different application versions of QuickPull on my Storm. I went and deleted one this weekend and now it's not working...

I have a feeling that is somehow related. Although, I've reloaded it and there is no change.
    Last edited by Riders On The Storm; 06-09-09 at 04:02 PM.
    06-09-09 03:57 PM
    Did you give QP all the permissions it asks for?

Edit permissions and make sure everything is set to Allow.
    I thought that's what it was right away, however it was not the case. Everything is set to allow; still nothing.
    06-09-09 03:59 PM
    You might have corrupted download of quickpull. Perhaps have another copy sent to you and install that one instead.
    06-09-09 04:18 PM
    i had that same uncaught exception on the storm i had before the one i had now... except my problem was all my message folders such as sms personal email an such were missing and it wouldnt let me resend my service books to get them
    06-09-09 04:31 PM
    no problmes here reboots every night
    I'm right there with you. I have mine do a scheduled quickpull every night and I have no problems at all.
    06-09-09 04:33 PM
    Me too no problems with mines check what version you have and check for a update to.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-09-09 07:27 PM
    I, too, am with the crowd running .148 and having zero issues with QuickPull. Is it possible to download QP from an alternate site?
    06-09-09 07:55 PM
    I have had no issues since I upgraded to 148. As a matter of fact my battery has improved as well as my memory.
    06-09-09 08:07 PM
    Is it possible for someone to check your applications (options> advanced options> applications.) What is your version of QuickPull?

I had to different application versions of QuickPull on my Storm. I went and deleted one this weekend and now it's not working...

I have a feeling that is somehow related. Although, I've reloaded it and there is no change.
    Downloaded newer version after getting error post upgrade to .148. Works fine now. BTW, don't see where version question was answered. my version is 2.0.13.
    06-09-09 08:19 PM
    Are you on the official or unofficial release of .148?
    06-09-09 08:37 PM
    I thought that's what it was right away, however it was not the case. Everything is set to allow; still nothing.
    i have problems manually resetting mine, but the scheduled one works fine. try just a scheduled time.
    06-09-09 09:10 PM
    Well maybe it's just us two, but after running 148 since last Sunday, I got my first uncaught exception message directly relating to quick pull today. I usually schedule 2 pulls a day and this was the first time so don't know what to make of it. I haven't changed anything but my theme, so maybe that affects it...? Have you changed a wallpaper or theme ? Also, I must have had an extremely solid .75 cause other than 5 or 6 more mb of app memory after a pull, I see little or no difference in how my phone responds. Browser still slow, accelometer slow and battery life sucks. After being one of the "hold outs" for the offical update, I must say I am pretty disappointed.
    06-09-09 09:52 PM
    I'm have the same problem as well
    I have done a full wipe of my phone reinstalled a fresh copy of the OS downloaded QP from app world and still getting the same erorr and I was running ver 2
    06-09-09 11:39 PM
    Are you on the official or unofficial release of .148?
    I am running the official, which confuses the **** out of me, because on the .141 hybrid I was rocking.

As for where I downloaded it from, both times I have reinstalled QP I have gotten it here from the Crackberry store.

I keep lots of backups of my apps around, I might try to reinstall a copy from one of my backup app folders before I had the problem.

I really appreciate everyone's help!
    06-10-09 08:26 AM
    Downloaded newer version after getting error post upgrade to .148. Works fine now. BTW, don't see where version question was answered. my version is 2.0.13.
    Thanks for the version number. I was just curious, maybe I was getting some incorrect download. Highly unlikely, but who knows.
    06-10-09 08:27 AM
    I think I got it! I began to see what settings I changed and I remembered that I was having an issue with Opera Mini since the firewall was disabled. So on Sunday, I turned that on allowing Opera Mini to work like a champ. I just disabled it again and QP works fine. So the issue is having the firewall ENABLED.

I guess if you're having this problem make sure your firewall is disabled.

If anyone has an ideas how to reach a happy medium, other than leaving the firewall off at times to do a soft reset, I am all ears. Thanks again for all of the help!
    Last edited by Riders On The Storm; 06-10-09 at 08:42 AM.
    06-10-09 08:40 AM
    I had the same problem. I remember reading somewhere, that if you go to options, advanced, applications, edit your default permissions to allow all on "email setup application" , it fixed my problem. As weird as that sounded it did work.
    06-10-09 08:54 AM
    I had the same problem. I remember reading somewhere, that if you go to options, advanced, applications, edit your default permissions to allow all on "email setup application" , it fixed my problem. As weird as that sounded it did work.
    I did domething similar (Edit Default Permissions).

I was never able to get QuickPull 2.0.13 to work on .75 or on the official .148 OS. Very frustrating.

Based on the information everyone provided on this thread, I was able to get it to work. I still have my Firewall set to Enabled (has a lock icon on it so not sure how to change it) but from the BB menu button I was able to Edit my Default Permissions.

Options/Security Options/Firewall - then - BB Menu/Edit Default Permissions - then - Changed Connections and Interactions from Custom to Allow.

Thanks!
    06-10-09 12:58 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD