Before installing this latest update (5.1.5), I used to skate by without setting any permissions (don't ask me how.) Now, QuickPull is asking for permissions that I feel are not necessary for it to run. Can someone confirm if the permissions I've boxed in red are needed for the operation of this program?

Attachment 105060

FWIW, I used the App World feedback button to try and contact Steelthorn, the makers of the app, and got a reply saying they don't monitor their support address and pointed me to a website for support. This website was completely useless, as there's no way to contact them through it either.
    03-09-12 11:55 AM
    This post seems to explain why QP may required WiFi and network access, but I still need to understand what 'recording' and 'unknown' permissions are
    03-09-12 01:56 PM
    **bump** anyone have any ideas about these permissions? Are they really necessary?
    03-12-12 09:39 PM
    I heard about quickpull years ago, that time I am not interested at all because I've found another app which is better. Now looks like QuickPull have shown a good improvement, but this permission issue do really bug me
    05-15-12 11:59 PM
    I heard about quickpull years ago, that time I am not interested at all because I've found another app which is better. Now looks like QuickPull have shown a good improvement, but this permission issue do really bug me
    So what is this mysterious app?
    05-16-12 09:05 AM
    So what is this mysterious app?
    It just allow you to reboot the phone with a click as far as I know. You can do this with holding alt+right shift(aA)+Del at the same time anyway. The app will initiate a soft reboot.
    05-17-12 01:22 AM
    alt-shift-del is a classic BB key combo, and it works great. But I like Quickpull's start-up screen where it shows how much memory was freed up. Plus it's not as abrupt as alt-shift-del

Anyways, since I was the OP here, what I did to fix the problem is downgrade back down to an older version. Problem solved.
    05-17-12 09:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD