My friends. I got my hands on my brand new 9700 and I'm loving it. One of my fav apps is quickpull which simulates a batt pull. I like it cause I don't have to physically remove the back and batt etc to do a batt pull. For some reason, it's not working on the 9700 so I removed it. It works on all my other berries. Anyhow-- no worries. Here's my question; in a tips and tricks post I had read a while ago, one of the tricks was a sequence that generated the equivalent of a batt pull. It went along the lines of alt-enter-delete or something like that. This basically eliminates the need for the quickpull app minus the fact that you need to do it manually instead of scheduling it daily. Please nobody start blasting. I can't find the bloody post. Anyone remember the sequence?

Thx.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-05-09 08:32 PM
    11-05-09 08:34 PM
    Press the ALT + RIGHT SHIFT(CAP) + DELETE keys
    11-05-09 08:54 PM
    I know the app redman. It doesn't work on 2 9700s I tried. It works beautifully on all my other berries.

I'll do the key sequence.

11-05-09 09:06 PM
    You the man. Thx

11-05-09 09:07 PM
    quickpull doesn't work on my 9700 either.
    11-05-09 09:26 PM
    quickpull doesn't work on my 9700 either.
    Yeah. I know. And their support page pretends it does. Like I'm blind AND stupid.

11-05-09 10:42 PM
    yeah that sucks because it doesn't work on mine as well
    11-05-09 11:24 PM
    My friends. I got my hands on my brand new 9700 and I'm loving it. One of my fav apps is quickpull which simulates a batt pull. I like it cause I don't have to physically remove the back and batt etc to do a batt pull. For some reason, it's not working on the 9700 so I removed it. It works on all my other berries. Anyhow-- no worries. Here's my question; in a tips and tricks post I had read a while ago, one of the tricks was a sequence that generated the equivalent of a batt pull. It went along the lines of alt-enter-delete or something like that. This basically eliminates the need for the quickpull app minus the fact that you need to do it manually instead of scheduling it daily. Please nobody start blasting. I can't find the bloody post. Anyone remember the sequence?

Thx.

Quick Pull does not work for me either.
    11-05-09 11:33 PM
    I'm pretty sure most people said QuickPull wouldn't work on OS 5.0. That was my experience when I put 5.0 on my Bold, QuickPull stopped working. I didn't bother putting it on the 9700 because of that.
    11-06-09 11:27 AM
    Is the 9700 experiencing memory leaks like the Bold? One of the reasons I'm getting the device is that I read that there would be less memory leaks because it operates on OS 5.0, which is supposed to manage memory more efficiently. Therefore, Quickpull would not be needed. Am I totally wrong?

If this is the case and there are memory leaks on the 9700 and Quickpull is not an option, I will need to seriously reconsider the device. I like the Bold, except for the size (I have very small hands with very slim fingers since I'm just a smidge over 5 feet short) but I really had serious memory leaks.

I may end up getting a replacement device since my Bold is really trying to die now, and just wait for the Magnum/Dakota. I had hoped for a smaller device, the Bold is too large for me. But I want the power of the thing.
    11-06-09 02:57 PM
    the 9700 does not have memory leaks. You won't run into that problem with the 9700. Sometimes it's just nice to reset your device, without pulling off the back cover, and pulling out the battery.
    11-06-09 03:25 PM
    I do not thing you will need the program. I have not pulled my 9700 battery in two weeks and it remains at between 137 and 139mb memory. I think this has pretty well been fixed along with greatly improved battery life!

I do not know what all the people who change their OS every week will do as the OS is much improved over my 9000
    Last edited by greggebhardt; 11-09-09 at 05:51 AM.
    11-06-09 05:09 PM
    Is the 9700 experiencing memory leaks like the Bold? One of the reasons I'm getting the device is that I read that there would be less memory leaks because it operates on OS 5.0, which is supposed to manage memory more efficiently. Therefore, Quickpull would not be needed. Am I totally wrong?

If this is the case and there are memory leaks on the 9700 and Quickpull is not an option, I will need to seriously reconsider the device. I like the Bold, except for the size (I have very small hands with very slim fingers since I'm just a smidge over 5 feet short) but I really had serious memory leaks.

I may end up getting a replacement device since my Bold is really trying to die now, and just wait for the Magnum/Dakota. I had hoped for a smaller device, the Bold is too large for me. But I want the power of the thing.
    I've been using it for days with no batt pull and NO DROP in avail ram. Unit rocks

11-09-09 05:48 AM
    11-28-09 02:42 AM
    I've tried the new QuickPull Free available at http://files.steelthorn.com/labs/OS5/QuickPull.jad (QuickPull Free) and it works on OS .351, but not on OS .321 tho.

Just follow the instructions provided on the link from sdpnoy. Thanks!
    11-28-09 04:16 AM
    Since I tried the app but it also doesn't work yet on 9700, I wonder if these steps are just like the app and or the battery pull. If so, why bother downloading the app? Thanks.
    12-09-09 06:57 PM
    They are working on an OS 5 version. However, although I have not used OS 5 for very long you only need to do a battery pull on OS 5 to uninstall apps. The OS is rock solid.
    12-09-09 07:10 PM
    I do not thing you will need the program. I have not pulled my 9700 battery in two weeks and it remains at between 137 and 139mb memory. I think this has pretty well been fixed along with greatly improved battery life!

I do not know what all the people who change their OS every week will do as the OS is much improved over my 9000
    The only time I have done a pull is to uninstall apps. And, that was not necessary as you are prompted to restart. I choose not to ant the time and did a pull later. I love the stability and long battery life.
    12-09-09 07:13 PM
    I have been using it on my 9700 without a problem...
    12-09-09 07:26 PM
    Why wouldn't you just use the ALT+RIGHTSHIFT+DEL shortcut?
    12-09-09 07:58 PM
    I have the apps for flashlight, reset(quickpull), screen capture, etc, but ended up using device info, flashlight, screenshot, and reboot device from within Quickpull as it does save spacen and of course creates less clutter. One application doing all rather than linking all to one. Loving QuickPull now. I do not use the feature for leaving the screen on, I prefer LeaveItOn still, and Aerize Optimizer for memory cleaning. Does a great job with the RAM on the device.

12-10-09 12:38 AM
    I have the apps for flashlight, reset(quickpull), screen capture, etc, but ended up using device info, flashlight, screenshot, and reboot device from within Quickpull as it does save spacen and of course creates less clutter. One application doing all rather than linking all to one. Loving QuickPull now. I do not use the feature for leaving the screen on, I prefer LeaveItOn still, and Aerize Optimizer for memory cleaning. Does a great job with the RAM on the device.

Haha I believe your post is referring to QuickLAUNCH
    12-10-09 01:56 AM
    and you get the extra bonus of nuking your phone....

quick pull gets two big thumbs down

use "alt" + "caps" + "del".... RIM included it for a reason.

I had quickpull too but deleted it

12-10-09 02:38 AM
    Quicklaunch has the pull included, along with flashlight, blackberry maps, and all sorts of extras.
    12-10-09 03:16 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD