when using the quickpull app, its takes my tour about 10 mins to reset.... is this normal ... im a newbie and this seems like along time to just reset... any info would be helpful thanks
    12-11-09 01:12 AM
    Don't do it!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-11-09 01:16 AM
    and why not?
    12-11-09 01:18 AM
    Bricked my device

12-11-09 01:20 AM
    oh ok thanks!
    12-11-09 01:21 AM
    when using the quickpull app, its takes my tour about 10 mins to reset.... is this normal ... im a newbie and this seems like along time to just reset... any info would be helpful thanks
    Odd. 10 minutes for a reboot seems like an eternity. How long does it take when you just do a converntional battery pull?

I've used QuickPull for quite some time with no problems.
    12-11-09 02:13 AM
    it isn't normal.
    12-11-09 02:15 AM
    do an actual battery pull
    12-11-09 02:41 AM
    QuickPull is installed and working fine for me. No 10 minute reboots here.

If you have a media card with lots of data that may be an issue. Scanning takes time.

Try a scheduled reboot at a time when you don't need the mobile. Mine is daily at 3AM for instance.

12-11-09 05:44 AM
    keeping in mind of course that quickpull is NOT the same as a true battery pull
    12-11-09 06:11 AM
    Quickpull works fine when you need to clear up a small issue. If it doesn't clear, then do a hard pull. Either way it should take roughly the same amount of time to reboot.

I use quickpull lite. Have NEVER had an issue with it and it does work alot like a reset. It does clear memory caches, etc... I have only run into a couple of instances where I HAD to do a hard pull like when the calendar is not updating properly.

Don't be afraid of quickpull free or quickpull lite. They do work. If you are exhibiting problems, then it could in all reality be a phone issue not this software.
    12-11-09 06:15 AM
    remembering of course that you can do the exact same thing that quickpull does by hitting alt-rshift-del.

I usually do a hard battery pull before I hop in the shower in the morning to get the phone ready for a full day.
    12-11-09 06:19 AM
    remembering of course that you can do the exact same thing that quickpull does by hitting alt-rshift-del.

I usually do a hard battery pull before I hop in the shower in the morning to get the phone ready for a full day.
    Quickpull does the same thing as the hard battery pull, thus the name. It allows you to do a hard reset without having to take the back off of your phone and physically pulling the battery. Alt-rshift-del does what is called a "soft reset" where as a battery pull/quickpull does a hard reset. I've never heard of any difference between using Quickpull and physically yanking your battery out of the back of your phone, they work the same.

I've quickpulled my Tour a couple times and it does take a little while for it to reboot, but not 10 minutes that's for sure. I do notice that it takes longer than my 8330 used to, but not as long as 10 minutes, maybe 5??

I was reading another thread yesterday where someone talked about the reboot time being alot faster on OS 5.0 on the Tour as opposed to the 4.7, so it seems to me like this may just be a facet of the Tour, having a fairly drawn out reboot time. Of course, I could be totally wrong...
    12-11-09 07:27 AM
    I've been using quickpull for a few days. I have it set to do it at 4am. Does anyone know if my alarm will still go off at 6am if the "thankyou" screen is still on my phone?
    12-11-09 07:45 AM
    I have used Quickpull over a year without a problem. I have even checked to see if there is any difference from actually pulling the battery or using Quickpull. The results were identical. The advantage I find is you are not removing the back cover which in time will wear from constant removal and the battery contact points are more apt to get dirty or damaged. Both more expensive to replace than a free app. Since Furballz states they are not the same, what has been found to be different? Dicecube is the only one I have ever heard of having their phone bricked by Quickpull, and I am guessing the phone really wasnt bricked.
    12-11-09 07:50 AM
    I've been using quickpull for a few days. I have it set to do it at 4am. Does anyone know if my alarm will still go off at 6am if the "thankyou" screen is still on my phone?
    I use both Quickpull and the alarm, neither affects the other from working properly
    12-11-09 07:54 AM
    Here's a link to another forum:

Quick Pull Application - BlackBerryForums.com : Your Number One BlackBerry Community

Says quickpull simulates what the phone does after an app removal. This I believe. It's not a "battery pull" but a medium-soft reset.

There is no way software can simulate a complete power removal. Think of the logic there. How can SOFTWARE work to simulate total removal of HARDWARE power, when the software itself relies on that power to reboot the phone? It's impossible. Software can't cut the power out on itself and then cold-start the phone back up.

Think, people!
    12-11-09 08:08 AM
    Since Furballz states they are not the same, what has been found to be different?
    As I posted in another subsection, Quickpull works by throwing a switch that makes the phone think that it's just installed or uninstalled a software module. Thus, the phone reboots of its own accord. This is NOT the same as a hardware battery pull.
    12-11-09 08:25 AM
    Here's a link to another forum:

Quick Pull Application - BlackBerryForums.com : Your Number One BlackBerry Community

Says quickpull simulates what the phone does after an app removal. This I believe. It's not a "battery pull" but a medium-soft reset.

There is no way software can simulate a complete power removal. Think of the logic there. How can SOFTWARE work to simulate total removal of HARDWARE power, when the software itself relies on that power to reboot the phone? It's impossible. Software can't cut the power out on itself and then cold-start the phone back up.

Think, people!
    I'm following you, and you make a valid point, that no software can simulate a complete power removal, but everything that I've read on Quickpull said that it "simulates" a hard reset. I've done the alt-rshift-del, and it's not the same thing as the Quickpull.

I've done both, Quickpull and a physical battery pull, and for me the boot sequence, startup, everything was the same. I'm not really sure what advantage there is to physically pulling the battery over doing a Quickpull, if there is any at all.
    12-11-09 10:18 AM
    I would think that the alarm would still go off. But I have it reset 5 minutes after my alarm goes off. This way I hear the alarm and get up, and it resets while I am in the shower.
    12-11-09 10:55 AM
    my reasoning is less wear and tear on the door and the battery. In my opinion Quickpull does the same as a physical battery pull with less effort and wear and tear. The freeing up of File Free reclaims exactly the same. I guess it all depends on what works best for you.
    12-11-09 10:57 AM
    quickpull was working for me just fine on my previous BB, but on 9700 it useless and freezes my phone, i try to delete it several times but always shows up in my apps list under options, very annoying
    12-11-09 11:32 PM
    ? Dicecube is the only one I have ever heard of having their phone bricked by Quickpull, and I am guessing the phone really wasnt bricked.
    Are u kidding me? I had a post about this look it up if u need proof.. (I had to wipe the device and reinstall the OS)

And I'm not the only one http://forums.crackberry.com/f146/quick-pull-issue-384694/

12-14-09 05:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD