How do you do a soft reset on OS 5.0 without pulling the battery? Quickpull doesn't work.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-26-09 11:57 PM
    Quicklaunch or Memory Eye. Make sure compatability mode is DISABLED & ALL permissions are set to ALLOW.

10-27-09 01:21 AM
    Have you tried editing the permissions in Quickpull and to Allow All on all three and then saving them as the default? I've done this on 2 Storms and it has fixed Quickpull on both of them...
    10-27-09 02:20 AM
    Have you tried editing the permissions in Quickpull and to Allow All on all three and then saving them as the default? I've done this on 2 Storms and it has fixed Quickpull on both of them...
    I have done this with my phone and it didn't help.

10-27-09 06:18 AM
    I've done the three battery pulls and "allowed" all on all three catagories and compatability has been disabled and still won't work. Hoping there might be something I'm missing.

Thanx,
    J.
    10-27-09 06:18 AM
    Install the quickpull Beta that works with OS 5.0

Using your BB Browser, click the link below to install

http://tinyurl.com/ykwgnkk

set all permissions to allow.
    10-27-09 06:22 AM
    Install the quickpull Beta that works with OS 5.0

Using your BB Browser, click the link below to install

http://tinyurl.com/ykwgnkk

set all permissions to allow.
    I tried your suggestion. I get an error message "something went wrong. Aborting. Check log for more details."

This is the 3rd program I have had issues with since my upgrade to .328, so I quess we will be seeing lots of upgrades.
    Last edited by ishore; 10-27-09 at 07:49 AM. Reason: Correct spelling error
    10-27-09 07:48 AM
    Yea, my QuickLaunch Reboot option no longer works either
    10-27-09 08:03 AM
    I'm having the same problems Quick Pull Pro not working with 5.0.0.328
    10-27-09 08:14 AM
    For all of you that are saying to allow all default permission :

Do you know what you are actually doing? Do you know why those permissions are there? I hope you don't have any personal info on your phone.

Not saying quickpull would do anything, but other apps can now access whatever they want with default permissions set to allow.
    10-27-09 08:26 AM
    that solution did not work for me either
    10-27-09 08:27 AM
    No worky for me either...no matter what I try. It sux because I am watching my memory drop like its the original OS that the phones shipped with last year.
    10-27-09 08:35 AM
    What other apps do you all have installed?

Maybe another app caused it to stop working?
    10-27-09 08:36 AM
    Aha... I got it to work. I needed to set it to allow, but also needed to define them as "Default" settings in the menu (BB button menu). I was just hitting save, and this did not do it.
    10-27-09 08:52 AM
    in app list click BB menu and make sure you set the DEFAULT permissions to allow. Not the app specific permissions.

10-27-09 09:15 AM
    same problem here as well. quickpull not working
    10-27-09 10:08 AM
    Yeah I finally got mine working too, what a headache
    10-27-09 10:20 AM
    I can verify that this version of Quickpull works with 5.0.0.328. I just downloaded it to my Storm, went into the applications menu, set all permissions to allow, then I hit the BB button and seleted "Set as Default Permissions". Exited out and then opened up Quickpull and selected reset, and bingo it reset my device with no error messages. Thanks!
    10-27-09 10:21 AM
    I find Quick pull is a Bug itself! There have been times where ive done the soft reset with it while running apps or even having them closed out, and the Quick pull hesitates to do its thing... So it won't run, I set the phone down and come back to it later only to find that it re sets itself up to 15 times per day; continuing to the next day. My experience with this app, has not been a good one...

10-27-09 10:55 AM
    I tried your suggestion. I get an error message "something went wrong. Aborting. Check log for more details."

This is the 3rd program I have had issues with since my upgrade to .328, so I quess we will be seeing lots of upgrades.
    I did this, and it worked to bring quickpull back...

Follow link from earlier in thread : (tiny url link)

After you have loaded the NEW version of quickpull lite (free) then...

Go into options ; applications (3'rd party) ;quickpull ; edit permissions ; set all to allow ; menu ; SET AS DEFAULT (NOT SAVE!!)

Runs fine now.
    Last edited by poolman; 10-27-09 at 11:17 AM.
    10-27-09 11:13 AM
    I didn't even bother getting quick pull after the official update. The reset device option works on quick launch so I just use that

10-27-09 11:49 AM
    Finally got mine to work after setting everything to allow and SAVING AS DEFAULT. Thanks!!
    10-27-09 02:19 PM
    I can verify that this version of Quickpull works with 5.0.0.328. I just downloaded it to my Storm, went into the applications menu, set all permissions to allow, then I hit the BB button and seleted "Set as Default Permissions". Exited out and then opened up Quickpull and selected reset, and bingo it reset my device with no error messages. Thanks!
    Confirmed - this DOES, in fact, work.
    10-27-09 04:35 PM
    Confirmed - this DOES, in fact, work.
    for u maybe. still doesnt work on mine
    10-27-09 04:43 PM
    Where is the reset device option?
    10-27-09 04:47 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD