I downloaded this application last night. I've read some reviews saying that it "refreshes" the phone when you have a simulation of a battery-pull and makes the phone faster...

I'm just curious, has anyone tried it and did they notice any difference?

I haven't...
    04-21-09 11:10 AM
    QuickPull is amazing. People with storms need it most. It mocks a battery pull and resets the phone. If you have a bold, you may not need it
    04-21-09 11:13 AM
    I have it on my Bold and its brilliant...saves me from having to take the battery cover off and pull the battery. Handy if you have a skin or case around your phone.

Not only that the newest version now has a schedule option...so you can automatically schedule a battery pull while your sleeping. I usually have mine set to 4am in teh morning when im sleeping...that was i have a fresh phone to start the day off. People might think its excessive but over a period of time the phone will leak memory due to apps that you may have.

All it does is just give you a fresh reboot so in a way yes it makes the phone faster.
    04-21-09 11:31 AM
    I love this app. The schedule is a very handy option to have.
    04-21-09 12:39 PM
    I've been using the scheduled pulls too. Love it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-21-09 01:22 PM
    yea i used to use softreset but i trashed that and got this app cuz i like the schedule part of it to
    04-21-09 01:31 PM
    Love Quickpull. Works very well.
    04-21-09 02:03 PM
    I lol'ed at this thread.. I downloaded this just yesterday from the BB App World.. on the first go-round it caused my battery to heat up and drain very rapidly. I deleted it and reinstalled.. everything is fine since. I never close apps properly so this is great for my habits. I also scheduled the pull for 4:45am..
    04-21-09 02:25 PM
    This should come pre-installed on all BB's
    04-21-09 02:27 PM
    You can schedule pulls??? Sweet! I'm downloading now... ... .....
    04-21-09 03:28 PM
    Ok, all that makes sense, but what's the point of scheduling a pull other than closing applications? and starting "fresh"?

Would be THAT much of a difference? I've never pulled my Bold's battery ever since I got it (only when needed) and the device would run smoothly for several days.

I am trying to see what good sides of it, other than of course closing apps properly.

If I am not mistaken, does it not consume from your RAM since it's a hidden running application?

Thanks
    04-21-09 03:38 PM
    Downloaded,installed..asked me if I wanted to reset,said Yes,and lost e-mails,FB,and BBweather!!..deleted

Robin
    04-21-09 04:36 PM
    lol robinchun u playin right? lol if not i dunno still kinda funny
    04-21-09 04:44 PM
    I've had the app installed on my device almost since day one. I only do a battery pull every 2-3 days but when I need to use it, the app does what it is supposed to do.

04-21-09 04:53 PM
    Mmm, I've canceled the daily resets, but I still love this application. It's simple, no doubt, but recommended and highly desired.
    04-21-09 08:03 PM
    With a pearl daily batt pulls are a way of life... Unless of course you have quick pull v. 2.0! I love it!

04-21-09 08:23 PM
    Scheduled pulls every night gives me a fresh BB every morning.
    04-21-09 08:27 PM
    Refreshing is not really accurate. With QP, you are rebooting your BB, which reloads the OS. This clears up memory leaks, which shows as increased free memory.
    04-22-09 10:19 AM
    lol robinchun u playin right? lol if not i dunno still kinda funny
    No,not playing,scared the **** out of me..when after I said YES to reset I found I had none of my e-mails,FB etc:..perhaps I did something wrong..but after I deleted quick pull all that stuff was back again!

Robin
    04-22-09 11:37 AM
    No,not playing,scared the **** out of me..when after I said YES to reset I found I had none of my e-mails,FB etc:..perhaps I did something wrong..but after I deleted quick pull all that stuff was back again!

Robin
    That's wild. Much panic there...

Cool app, but a good percentage of my battery pulls are when I hit a site and the scripting locks the phone up. No help there.

I have an Otterbox, and battery pulls are a pain. BB should have made a pinhole reset button somewhere or somethign that will over ride when the system locks.
    04-22-09 11:42 AM
    Dosnt alt-shift delete do this?...I trying to figure out what diffrence is a soft reset vs what qp does.

04-22-09 08:06 PM
    heres a q someone may know the answer to, i at night use my storm as my bedside clock in bedside mode on the docking/charging station, if i schedule quickpull for say 3am will it restart the phone back up and re-enter bedside mode as it was before qp or will it just go to the main screen?
    04-23-09 02:48 AM
    Great, great app. Highly recommened!

04-23-09 03:17 PM
    Great, great app. Highly recommened!

04-23-09 03:24 PM
    heres a q someone may know the answer to, i at night use my storm as my bedside clock in bedside mode on the docking/charging station, if i schedule quickpull for say 3am will it restart the phone back up and re-enter bedside mode as it was before qp or will it just go to the main screen?
    I do this every morning with my device. What will happen is the device will reboot and go right back into bedside mode.

04-23-09 04:27 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD