QuickLaunch will not work with the BlackBerry App World 2.0. It will not load the application. If you access the BlackBerry quicklauncher, the screen will turn white. The only way to close BlackBerry App World running in the background is to click on the BlackBerry App World application itself, then close it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-29-10 08:44 PM
    Prob cause it is a beta and just relased today... And unless the developer has axcess to beta zone apps, he wouldn't be able to fix it until it comes offical I would think

07-29-10 08:50 PM
    CrApp World 2.0 doesn't work from QuickLaunch?
    That's awesome. Thanks again rim.
    07-29-10 09:11 PM
    Even after a battery pull it wouldn't work. After using QuickLaunch for all of my applications, it's hard to turn back to the old way. Since I don't use BlackBerry App World that much, I'll just have to open it the traditional way.

07-29-10 09:20 PM
    no a battery pull won't help in that situation. next ql update will have some 'alternate launch methods' but i'm going to guess that it wont help with app world.
    they probably made the app with some weird non-standard unfriendly secret methods and api's and i'm pretty sure they wont reply to me or other developers about it when we ask either. yay! fun times ahead.
    07-29-10 09:42 PM
    Just one more of many reasons to despise App World. I will dump that way before
    I get rid of QL.
    07-29-10 11:49 PM
    Geez...it was just released out of nowhere. Give them a day or two as with every other app to fix any bugs.
    07-29-10 11:54 PM
    Why would anybody need a faster way to get to Crapworld, anyway? Version 2 of a POS is still a POS. You can't polish a turd.

The only reason to buy anything from Crapworld is that it's not available on Mobihand (or other stores like Crackberry that are a branded front end to Mobihand).

Most of those are free apps that are available through OTA links on BBtweeps.

OTA Links for Blackberry - @BBtweeps

07-30-10 01:06 AM
    Just one more of many reasons to despise App World. I will dump that way before
    I get rid of QL.
    +1, I 'm not dumping Quicklaunch!!
    07-30-10 07:18 AM
    LOL. Good thing I wasn't drinking my coffee, or would have snorted it.
    07-30-10 07:39 AM
    Prob cause it is a beta and just relased today... And unless the developer has axcess to beta zone apps, he wouldn't be able to fix it until it comes offical I would think

Don't complain read this again - QQuicklaunch is NOT going to change anything to make a beta program work ! ! !
    07-30-10 08:15 AM
    LOL. Good thing I wasn't drinking my coffee, or would have snorted it.
    Same here - Smart phone for a dumb a$$.
    07-30-10 08:17 AM
    f'in hate appworld. i cannot wait to go android. it's like they are trying to make you not like the things they make
    07-30-10 08:27 AM
    Well, no one is holding you back, except for maybe yourself.
    07-30-10 08:32 AM
    Nope, it's not myself. It's that stupid thing called $$$ & a ridiculous ETF, atm. So for a few more months, I'll continue to post reason after reason as to how I cannot wait to switch
    07-30-10 08:34 AM
    I use appworld for just freebie apps. So accessing it the "old" way with the icon works fine for my limited use. That being said, I won't be DLing Appworld 2 until I know all kinks are worked out.
    07-30-10 09:49 AM
    f'in hate appworld. i cannot wait to go android. it's like they are trying to make you not like the things they make
    Once again, slowly�Mo-bi-hand.

If you can't enter mobihand.com into your browser and you don't want to download their app store application, you can find it by clicking on the links to the Crackberry App Store at the top of the page. It's just Mobihand with a custom end that kicks back some money to this site.

Going bawww and switching phones over Crapworld is like buying a different car because you don't like one particular dealership.

07-30-10 10:07 AM
    I use appworld for just freebie apps. So accessing it the "old" way with the icon works fine for my limited use. That being said, I won't be DLing Appworld 2 until I know all kinks are worked out.
    Haven't come across any issues with 2.0 so far.
    07-30-10 10:19 AM
    Don't complain read this again - QQuicklaunch is NOT going to change anything to make a beta program work ! ! !
    i didn't complain! i have and love QL, i was telling the OP that app 2.0 is a beta and most likely the devloper doesn't have axcess to most beta zone apps thus, he can't fix it.... maybe you should re-read my post
    07-30-10 01:34 PM
    i didn't complain! i have and love QL, i was telling the OP that app 2.0 is a beta and most likely the devloper doesn't have axcess to most beta zone apps thus, he can't fix it.... maybe you should re-read my post
    No - Sorry - The original poster. He ignored your post and went on to whine.
    07-30-10 02:13 PM
    Nope, it's not myself. It's that stupid thing called $$$ & a ridiculous ETF, atm. So for a few more months, I'll continue to post reason after reason as to how I cannot wait to switch
    ETF only applies if you leave the carrier. The Androids on Verizon are some of the best on the market, so if you're waiting for the $50 NE2 discount, that's one thing, but if you got the $$ to spend now, I'd go ahead and get the Droid. I don't care what they say about BB OS 6, they haven't said anything about truncated email or super expensive apps when compared to prices on other platforms. Imagine being able to buy 5 apps on Android for the cost of 1 app on BB. Imagine being able to read your ENTIRE email without having to deal with a partial email. Yep, I am seeing Droid in my future.
    07-30-10 02:57 PM
    Yep and I added a thread about this to BBBz. A fellow BBM group member that is also a BBBz member was having issues and asked me to test this as well.
    07-30-10 03:20 PM
    No - Sorry - The original poster. He ignored your post and went on to whine.
    My bad I understand

07-30-10 04:23 PM
    Yeah I was going to email you yesterday morning Cheetah, but just forgot until a little bit ago when Shansmi let me know about this thread.
    I was going crazy because I didn't know QL & AW2.0 wouldn't get along. I thought my DL of AW was fried since I only tried to open via my QL shortcut.

I submitted a note to RIM via the beta Feedback Tool.

07-31-10 12:09 AM
    QuickLaunch will not work with the BlackBerry App World 2.0. It will not load the application. If you access the BlackBerry quicklauncher, the screen will turn white. The only way to close BlackBerry App World running in the background is to click on the BlackBerry App World application itself, then close it.
    Actually you can also launch App Switcher to escape.
    ESC and END do nothing, only holding down MENU for App Switcher.
    Then switch to pretty much any other app and you're free.

Even dumber: App World will appear in App Switcher, but clicking it locks up device again if you originally opened via QL.
    AW stays "open" in App Switcher until you access AW by clicking on its regular icon.

07-31-10 12:15 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD