Anyone know how to link the wifi scanner (in the wifi setup) to a quicklaunch shortcut? its not listed as an application. im looking for a quick way to scan the area for hotspots.

if thats not possible, can anyone recommend me a nice and simple wifi scanner?
    04-03-10 10:33 AM
    Anyone know how to link the wifi scanner (in the wifi setup) to a quicklaunch shortcut? its not listed as an application. im looking for a quick way to scan the area for hotspots.

I dont think QL has a wifi scanner. It has a toggle on/off for wifi (which is awesome for battery life btw).

Id just search google for a nice wifi scanner if i were you. But Im not. So. Hopefully someone here who is far smarter then I can help you : )
    04-03-10 10:44 AM

there's a wifi scanner? is that an app?
    04-03-10 11:52 AM
    04-03-10 12:09 PM
    there's a wifi scanner? is that an app?
    Not really but I'm on a 9550 with .607 and inside Manage Connections - Set Up WiFi Network, there is a button the says Scan for Networks. It would be pretty sweet to have a shortcut for that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-03-10 12:34 PM
    what are the exact steps to get there?
    04-03-10 01:21 PM
    Manage Connections - Set Up Wifi Network - Scan for Networks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-03-10 05:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD