Thanks for your help everybody, I've bought QuickLaunch and SixTools, and so far have no complaints except that I wish QuickLaunch had macros... Hopefully that'll come soon!
    11-17-10 10:28 AM
    Actually, just one more question; How do I get the keyboard shortcuts to work on the Torch? I've tried ALT+the key combination, all at the same time, and holding ALT down while I press the others one at a time, and I've even tried after going to the homescreen options and selecting to do application shortcuts instead of automatically launching universal search, then restarting, but it's not working... Is this a bug, or am I doing something wrong... Or is it just that those shortcuts only work while QL is running?
    Last edited by Jean-luc_Picard; 11-17-10 at 01:56 PM.
    11-17-10 01:52 PM
    i found it less useful on the torch, but I still have it and use it, did anyone mention the built in QL functions? its a great app
    11-17-10 01:55 PM
    Actually, just one more question; How do I get the keyboard shortcuts to work on the Torch? I've tried ALT+the key combination, all at the same time, and holding ALT down while I press the others one at a time, and I've even tried after going to the homescreen options and selecting to do application shortcuts instead of automatically launching universal search, then restarting, but it's not working... Is this a bug, or am I doing something wrong... Or is it just that those shortcuts only work while QL is running?
    Yes, only while QL is opened. It doesn't add Home Screen shortcuts per se.
    That's why most "hardcore" QL users have it on a Convenience Key. With SixTools, I currently have QL on my Volume Up key.
    From within the QL Options, you can also add QL as a global menu item, ie click the MENU key from any screen and one of the options there will always be QL.

So you click the QL icon, relevant Convenience Key, or menu item, and then type your shortcut.
    Jean-luc_Picard likes this.
    11-17-10 05:06 PM
    A couple like Tilt Lock and launching virtual keyboard.

Where did you purchase QL? Why would you have to re-buy it? They should swap you for the 9800 version.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Bought here in CrackBerry.

When I got my Torch I just re-download QL from CB and change the PIN but I'm not sure whether I'm getting the Torch version or still the Bold version.
    Last edited by tjioer; 11-17-10 at 05:28 PM. Reason: edit: Changed device version in CB and all fixed.
    11-17-10 05:13 PM
    Bought here in CrackBerry.

When I got my Torch I just re-download QL from CB and change the PIN but I'm not sure whether I'm getting the Torch version or still the Bold version.
    I'm guessing you're using the wrong version.

Open QL, hit MENU key, select QL Options.
    Scroll right to jump to the bottom, and up just a little is a button labelled About QuickLaunch.

If you have the right version, you should see this:

What does yours say?
    11-17-10 05:43 PM
    I'm guessing you're using the wrong version.

Open QL, hit MENU key, select QL Options.
    Scroll right to jump to the bottom, and up just a little is a button labelled About QuickLaunch.

If you have the right version, you should see this:

What does yours say?
    Yep, I was using the 9700 version 3.5.

Changed my device to 9800 in CBS, reinstalled version 3.3 for 9800 and it's all done.
    11-17-10 10:36 PM
    Yep, I was using the 9700 version 3.5.

Changed my device to 9800 in CBS, reinstalled version 3.3 for 9800 and it's all done.
    Perfect! Great to hear you figured it all out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    tjioer likes this.
    11-17-10 10:42 PM
    Thanks for your help everybody, I've bought QuickLaunch and SixTools, and so far have no complaints except that I wish QuickLaunch had macros... Hopefully that'll come soon!
    Yes, macros are coming...
    11-30-10 07:42 PM
    sweet....!
    11-30-10 08:38 PM
60 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD