QuickLaunch Version 4 is now available for the Torch 9800 on OS6 as well as all OS7 Devices

New Features in QL 4.2:

~Shake Launch�~
    You can now configure an app, shortcut, function or any other QL item to launch by shaking your phone.
    When adding an item to QL check the 'Set as Shake Launch Item' option. In addition you must enable 'Shake Detection' in QL Options. If you are not using Shake Launch� then set disable the shake detection option.

To use Shake Launch� just open QL and shake!

Larger Font Added
    Added a new font size, 'Largest'. Should be big enough for those who need a larger font. (see screenshots)

NFC Toggle
    Toggle your NFC communication on/off

Homescreen Wallpaper Cycler
    QuickLaunch can now be configured to automatically cycle your homescreen wallpaper. Choose the directory on your device for your wallpaper images, and enable the option and you're good to go.
    The QL Wallpaper Changer does NOT run in the background.

Display Battery Status on QL Titlebar
    Displays the current battery power percentage. (see screenshots)
    Battery % will be displayed in Green, Orange, Red depending on status. If you have weather displayed on the titlebar the battery will be displayed next to weather. If no weather then it is displayed on the top line.

Alarm and Stopwatch Shortcuts Added

BB File Picker Integration
    QL is now integrated with the standard bb file picker app to choose files, images, directories when configuring.

Visual Voice Mail Shortcut
    Quick access to the vvm app.

Lock Device Shortcut
    You must have your device password protected for this feature to work

Alarm Toggle
    Toggle the alarm on or off

Center Menu Location Option Added
    Now you can place QL in the Center, Left or Right on the screen!
    Finally.

Change Sounds and Alerts Shortcut
    Quick access to the 'change sounds and alerts' screen in Sound Profiles

Mobile Connections All On / Off Toggle
    Quickly Turn on/off all mobile connections

Current Shortcuts button added to options screen
    In addition to the shortcuts button displayed when you add items a 'Shortcuts' button was added to QL Options. (see screenshots)

Bridge App Shortcut and Bridge Toggle
    You can now launch the Bridge app as well as toggle it on and off

Time, Notifications, Battery and Signal strength
    ...are now shown in the titlebar in all QL screens. (see screenshots)

Redesigned Options screen
    Slight modifications to the look of the options screen. Looks better. Works better.

More Apps appear in Add Items
    Some apps that didnt appear in the list now show up. I forgot which ones. sorry.

Bug Fixes

Improved Performance
    A lot of rework was done on the code making QL faster and smoother.

Screenshots - click to enlarge

Activation Code issue on App World:

Currently App World is giving the wrong code for the update for 9800 devices. After you
    purchase the update you can download the app from here which will work w/ your current code:
    http://www.nikkisoft.com/ql429800/QuickLaunch.jad

Price:
    New customers: $3.99
    Current QL owners who purchased on App World: $1.99

Mobihand/Crackerry App Store customers who currently have QuickLaunch can purchase
    the app directly from NikkiSoft via paypal for $1.99. If interested send me an email to
    nikkisoft dot support at G mail.

QuickLaunch version 4 can also now be purchased directly from NikkiSoft
    with Credit Card, Paypal or E-check by going to the purchase page on nikkisoft.com

QuickLaunch

Thanks
    03-12-12 03:32 PM
    QL has been one of my constant apps since my 8110 days. This new update brings some features I've been wanting to see for awhile now. Mainly, the battery percentage in the QL title bar. This is awesome since I don't use the batteryex notification icon. Now I can use themes that don't have text with the icons. Anyhow, good job!
    03-12-12 07:48 PM
    Looks good, too bad that Mobihand purchases made don't geta free upgrade.
    I haven't used mine since switching to OS 7.
    03-12-12 09:45 PM
    So what do I do now that I've got a new device - 9900, coming from 9800?
    03-13-12 12:35 AM
    If you purchased from app world just sign in to my world and it will take care of itself.
    if purchased from ponzihand then you can use the contact form on nikkisoft.com to contact me.
    03-13-12 05:10 AM
    If you purchased from app world just sign in to my world and it will take care of itself.
    if purchased from ponzihand then you can use the contact form on nikkisoft.com to contact me.
    Sorry I didn't mention that my version is 3.7.3. Do I have to purchase new version?
    03-13-12 08:09 AM
    yes. version 4 is $1.99.
    03-15-12 01:19 PM
    ETA: updated

Cheetah - I got an email from MH yesterday morning advising me of the latest update, and since I wasn't fully awake I went to their site and downloaded & installed it. The install went fine, but it used my old activation code instead of the newer one, and the version showing on my phone (a 9850) is "0.2" instead of 4.2. Its an older version on the MH website because it doesn't have the "largest" font size update (which I REALLY like, BTW).... I didn't check to see what else was different, because I then went to App World and re-download V 4.2, which worked with my newer activation code, and all is good with the world again.

Just wanted to give you an FYI about the outdated version on Mobihand.
    Last edited by PJD642; 03-16-12 at 08:27 AM.
    03-16-12 08:13 AM
    yea the version on mobihand is actually the app world version. the purpose of the email was just to let customers know of the version 4 update and that it is not available on mobihand.
    03-16-12 12:03 PM
    yea the version on mobihand is actually the app world version. the purpose of the email was just to let customers know of the version 4 update and that it is not available on mobihand.
    Ahh gotcha. I'll work on waking up before reading emails next time, so my reading comprehension is up to par.
    03-16-12 06:57 PM
    I need a beta tester to test the 2g/3g toggle on QuickLaunch.
    If you have a device that has the 3 connection types of 2G, 2G&3g, and 3G in your network settings and are an owner of QL and want to test the fix let me know here.

os7 or os6 devices pls.
    thanks.
    04-12-12 10:41 PM
    I am an existing paid user of quicklaunch and recently moved from a 9800 to a 9900. The link on nikkisoft's website to register a new device is dead. Emails to support have not been replied for a week. Can anyone help please?
    04-18-12 06:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD