I saw this title on My Applications page when I logged into my account here on Crackberry.
    04-22-09 02:46 AM
    I wonder when it'll be out. They just released 1.4 or something, so I would imagine in a while?
    04-22-09 03:59 AM
    what new features do you think they can do to the program?
    04-22-09 04:26 AM
    Woo Hoo. Quick Launch is one of my favorite apps. For my storm.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-22-09 05:52 AM
    QuickLaunch is in my opinion the BEST application for BB
    04-22-09 06:40 AM
    I agree... of all the programs I've paid for, the only two that I feel are worth the money are QuickLaunch and PatternLock...
    04-22-09 07:01 AM
    Is QL v2.0 a free upgrade if I purchase 1.4 now? I would be pretty annoyed if I purchased 1.4 when it says "V2.0" coming soon right in the title.
    04-24-09 10:26 AM
    QL is the best program I have ever used for the Storm...free and paid alike.
    04-24-09 10:50 AM
    They said it would be out in a couple weeks and will have submenues.

04-24-09 11:21 AM
    Quick launch was the first app I bought for the Storm. I never used it for the longest time. It took me a while to realize how valuable it was. it is truly a gem.
    04-24-09 11:26 AM
    They said it would be out in a couple weeks and will have submenues.

Submenus cool; hey not to worry if u buy now they always send free upgrades.
    04-24-09 11:42 AM
    Here's the exact quote from CheetahAce:

The next version will have submenus. It's almost ready. Works great.
    04-24-09 12:08 PM
    I watched the video and dont really understand what makes it that valuable, everything i want to do is either on the home screen or the very next row, am i missing something really big about this program that makes it worth not just pressing the end button?
    04-24-09 12:33 PM
    I watched the video and dont really understand what makes it that valuable, everything i want to do is either on the home screen or the very next row, am i missing something really big about this program that makes it worth not just pressing the end button?
    If everything you need is on your home screen, then no you don't need it. I like it because in addition to the stuff on my homescreen there's a lot more I use. It also makes it quick and easy to get to contacts that I call frequently.
    04-24-09 12:38 PM
    If everything you need is on your home screen, then no you don't need it. I like it because in addition to the stuff on my homescreen there's a lot more I use. It also makes it quick and easy to get to contacts that I call frequently.
    It's very handy! Can't wait for the update.
    04-24-09 12:41 PM
    Submenus cool; hey not to worry if u buy now they always send free upgrades.
    That's not always true. I bought QL a while back and love it. The developer advertises that small upgrades, i.e. 1.2 to 1.4 are free, but larger scale updates like 1.4 to 2.0 MAY require an upgrade fee.

I guess we'll have to wait and see what the developer requires...
    04-24-09 12:41 PM
    Yes. I asigned QuickLaunch to the left side convenience button. Then, no matter what I have opened or where I am, I have easy access to my list. Not to mention it reduces clicks to perform certain tasks. Hit left side button and QuickLaunch Opens...select SMS [Name]...a blank SMS appears with that person's mobile number filled in the "to" line. I have one entry each for the 4 or 5 people I txt most. And so on. I calculated that for each SMS I send I save 1.6 seconds. Based on the txts I send this adds up to 6 minutes a month, or 1.2 hours per year. That much more time to spend with my children or volunteer at the local homeless shelter. Well worth the $4.99 cost for QuickLaunch.
    Last edited by crackberryfan; 04-24-09 at 12:47 PM.
    04-24-09 12:44 PM
    I have NO problem paying to upgrade to version 2. Like many others I think this is my favorite app...no problem buying an upgrade for my favorite app....
    04-24-09 12:46 PM
    That's not always true. I bought QL a while back and love it. The developer advertises that small upgrades, i.e. 1.2 to 1.4 are free, but larger scale updates like 1.4 to 2.0 MAY require an upgrade fee.

I guess we'll have to wait and see what the developer requires...
    Actually that message is something that Mobihand adds to all update messages that go out.. it says the same thing whenever I get an update for patternlock also... CheetahAce didn't write that part of the message.
    There still may be a charge though
    04-24-09 12:49 PM
    Yes. I asigned QuickLaunch to the left side convenience button. Then, no matter what I have opened or where I am, I have easy access to my list. Not to mention it reduces clicks to perform certain tasks. Hit left side button and QuickLaunch Opens...select SMS [Name]...a blank SMS appears with that person's mobile number filled in the "to" line. I have one entry each for the 4 or 5 people I txt most. And so on. I calculated that for each SMS I send I save 1.6 seconds. Based on the txts I send this adds up to 6 minutes a month, or 1.2 hours per year. That much more time to spend with my children or volunteer at the local homeless shelter. Well worth the $4.99 cost for QuickLaunch.
    Well you cant argue with numbers now can you.
    04-24-09 12:50 PM
    Actually that message is something that Mobihand adds to all update messages that go out.. it says the same thing whenever I get an update for patternlock also... CheetahAce didn't write that part of the message.
    I would definitely like to know because i am about to buy it.
    04-24-09 12:57 PM
    I would definitely like to know because i am about to buy it.
    Send a PM to CheetahAce and let him know that you want to buy QuickLaunch, but want to know if v1 owners will have to pay for v2 so you know if you should wait or not.

And then let us know when you get an answer
    04-24-09 01:00 PM
    I'm going to give it a try, thanks for the info!
    04-24-09 01:02 PM
    Probably true...but like another poster wrote, I don't mind paying a small upgrade fee for an app that I use as much as I use this one.

Simply put, this is a great app.
    04-24-09 01:05 PM
    I do not mind paying for an upgrade for a big revision, but only if it has been 1 year or more since I paid. But I think most of us have bought this software within the past few months. And therefore I do not believe that a client who just recently purchased software should be required to pay an upgrade fee within a few months of paying for the previous version.

Just my thoughts.
    04-24-09 03:29 PM
82 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD