I am thinking about buying QuickLaunch 1.4 from the app store. However, when QuickLaunch 2.0 is released, will I have to buy the app again or will it be free to upgrade to 2.0? Just wondering if I should wait to buy the app or not. Thanks.
    05-21-09 06:11 AM
    Most of the time, the incremental upgrades are free of charge, ie 1.4 to 1.5, and the upgrades by version ie 1.4- 2.0 cost a fee. Usually the fee is less than the purchase price to buy the app new.

Hope this helped
    05-21-09 06:15 AM
    I am thinking about buying QuickLaunch 1.4 from the app store. However, when QuickLaunch 2.0 is released, will I have to buy the app again or will it be free to upgrade to 2.0? Just wondering if I should wait to buy the app or not. Thanks.
    No clue. I suggest you pm CheetahAce and ask him directly.
    05-21-09 06:15 AM
    Most of the time, the incremental upgrades are free of charge, ie 1.4 to 1.5, and the upgrades by version ie 1.4- 2.0 cost a fee. Usually the fee is less than the purchase price to buy the app new.
    Hmmm, kind of had a feeling that's how it worked, but I will message CheetahAce and find a definite answer. Thanks guys.
    05-21-09 06:26 AM
    i would just wait for 2.0 to come out so that you dont have to pay twice. looking at the beta testing threads, it seems like 2.0 has a totally different file structuring so us current QL users might have to redo our list during the upgrade.
    05-21-09 12:09 PM
    Hmmm, kind of had a feeling that's how it worked, but I will message CheetahAce and find a definite answer. Thanks guys.
    I think that checking with CheetahAce is the best bet because I was told that the upgrade was free. Now I'm not sure if we would have to input new settings or not with the new version, but this is an email exchange I had with them just last night. This was also verified with them on Twitter as well, but I didn't know how to add the entries in this forum... Check it out...

To: Nikkisoft

Hi,

I am interested in purchasing your QuickLaunch application for my 8900 OS 4.6.1.114. I have been reading in forums that you are a day or two away from updating to a ver. 2.

My question is... If I purchase the application, will I be qualified for the upgrade when available, or would I have to purchase it again?

And if I would qualify for an upgrade, how would I be notified of the available upgrade?

Is there a "check for updates" option within the program, do I get an email notification, etc..?

Please advise.

Thanks
    -------------
    Hi. The upgrade will be free for you and you will be notified by email
    when the update is available.
    Thanks
    --------------
    I purchased the app and like it. One question though. In reading the manual, it says that I can add a supported 3rd party app called CaptureIt, but CaptureIt does not have a screen (per se) to open and add it to the list. Can you assist me in adding this application? What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.
    --------------
    That captureit is a typo. i have to remove it tomorrow. in version 1.4 you can't add captureit.
    however 2.0 is coming out this weekend and you can add captureit no problem.
    ---------------
    Ok. Thanks for the quick reply! I likey likey so far. Actually it is kind of fun in a silly way. Cool app.
    Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile
    05-21-09 03:54 PM
    I purchased the app through appworld but don't see version 1.5 available. Do I have any other options?
    05-26-09 11:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD