Just a small maintenance release here with 1 new feature

New in this Update:
    * 2G / 3G Toggle function added
    Quickly change your device from a 2G connection to a 3G connection or visa versa for battery saving.

* Fixed bug in Stay Lit function

* Fixed bug in Options Subpage function

* Max menu item text increased to 32 chars

* Fixed small font expandable option bug

* Fixed WebSearch Dictionary.com link

To see the many other features of QuickLaunch go here: QuickLaunch Feature List

See more screenshots here...

QuickLaunch A to Z Review Video here:

QuickLaunch Demo Video here:

Crackberry Idol QuickLaunch Review Video here:

Price:
    Current owners who've purchased after August 31st, 2010: Free
    Current owners who've purchased on or before August 31st, 2010 and DO NOT HAVE VERSION 3 or above : $1.99
    New Customers: $4.99

QuickLaunch

Thank you.
    Last edited by CheetahAce; 04-18-11 at 03:32 PM.
    04-17-11 08:38 PM
    Got the notification and updated last night. Thanks for the update!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-18-11 02:27 AM
    New in this Update:

* Fixed bug in Options Subpage function
    Still have 3.7.2 on my Torch and just noticed 1 very minor bug in QL Options. I opened QL Options just to check my current version with About QuickLaunch at the bottom.
    For whatever reason, I randomly decided to click the nearby Set Permissions button. Clicking this did nothing at all. Not sure if this is remedied in the update as maybe the issue was the same as Options Subpage issue.

Btw I did double-check, and I do currently have all Permissions to Allow.

Just a small maintenance release here with 1 new feature

Price:
    Current owners who've purchased on or before August 31st, 2010: $1.99
    New Customers: $4.99
    Now you know I'm pro-QL all the way, but I wanted to mention something.
    Update fees are never going to win popularity contests, but the timing just seems odd with this just being a maintenance release. Just my 2 cents.

Also, v3.0 came out around the beginning of August 2010. If there was going to be a cutoff date around then, just thinking the release of v3.0 is a cutoff that makes sense.
    04-18-11 03:04 AM
    Quick fill doesn't work with gmail app.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-18-11 09:42 AM

Now you know I'm pro-QL all the way, but I wanted to mention something.
    Update fees are never going to win popularity contests, but the timing just seems odd with this just being a maintenance release. Just my 2 cents.

Also, v3.0 came out around the beginning of August 2010. If there was going to be a cutoff date around then, just thinking the release of v3.0 is a cutoff that makes sense.
    Huh? Seriously? This update is FREE! Just like all the other updates. What is odd about the timing of releasing another free update? It clearly says in the 1st post this is free unless you bought version 2 before august 2010. It's the same text I've been using in every post for almost 3 years now.
    The version of this update is 3.7.3.

Posting in a thread for yet another FREE update of an app that is updated often, for FREE, and stating that the update is not free is not going to win you any popularity contests among developers.
    04-18-11 12:49 PM
    Huh? Seriously? This update is FREE! Just like all the other updates. What is odd about the timing of releasing another free update? It clearly says in the 1st post this is free unless you bought version 2 before august 2010. It's the same text I've been using in every post for almost 3 years now.

Posting in a thread for yet another FREE update of an app that is updated often, for FREE, and stating that the update is not free is not going to win you any popularity contests among developers.
    It doesn't mention anything about version 2 in the 1st post… Sorry unless I'm totally missing that, you're the one stating the update is not free, not me.

Anyway, that's great news. I'm sorry for any misunderstanding. I know for whatever reason you're under attack a lot, but your reply to me might have been just a teeny bit of an overreaction, no? I've defended you and QL dozens of times, and recommended it even more times than that. I've also tested for you.

Oh well, I'm still a fan now, and I still will be for as long as I'm on a BB. (And that should be a looooong time!)
    Last edited by elite1; 04-18-11 at 05:09 PM.
    04-18-11 02:25 PM

I actually saw your original post and was surprised that you were charging for this maintenance update. But I went and updated anyway and there was no charge.
    BUT, I AGREE WITH ELITE AND YOUR FIRST POST CLEARLY SAYS THAT THERE IS A CHARGE!:
    Current owners who've purchased on or before August 31st, 2010: $1.99

If this is not accurate then I would suggest you correct it. And, FYI, Quicklaunch is one of my "must-have" apps!!!!!
    04-18-11 02:43 PM
    The text on my post is accurate. It's been the same for years now. Major releases with tons of new features going from version 1.0 to 2.0 or 2.0 to 3.0 are 1.99. I've had only 2 of those since 2009. The countless dozens of updates since then have been free. That August date is the release of version 3. If you purchased before that date then you have version 2. Noone's had a problem with that text before so I'm not sure what's going on now. Maybe I have to change to say be more wordy or something. But still it doesnt change the fact that if you purchased before aug 2010 then ....

Anyway.... next subject...

Does anyone still use the Bolt browser on their BB?
    04-18-11 03:23 PM
    ... and another thing you dont understand is that now I will have to reply to posts in other threads that say 'QuickLaunch charges for every update!!' I've already gotten 4 emails about this now asking why I charge for a maintenance update even though I'm not.
    04-18-11 03:27 PM
    You need to edit your OP to reflect version numbers, rather than dates.
    04-18-11 03:29 PM
    edited my first post to clarify.
    ... idk maybe i should have made the 2G/3G toggle feature a separate app.
    04-18-11 03:33 PM
    how's the 1st post now? better? or still unclear?
    04-18-11 03:34 PM
    I am sure you are inundated at times with ridiculous questions from some of the a$$es here, but you have to admit that your original post was unclear and thus you had e-mails, inquiries, etc.
    Your first post is now extremely clear and I do appreciate the updates and I certainly do appreciate Quicklaunch as one of the best apps available.
    04-18-11 04:03 PM
    yes. i agree it was unclear. i just copy and paste from the original thread i made back in august.

Anyway, if anyone uses bolt browser let me know.
    04-18-11 05:46 PM
    I've just purchased this app after many months of thinking that it wouldn't be useful. The 2G/3G toggle tipped the scales.

I wish I'd bought it sooner! It's amazing how convenient it is to have the Quicklaunch menu available to me on the Torch! I thought that I could easily use Universal Search for everything, but Quicklaunch is easily faster!

Good job CheetahAce!

Now, about putting out a decent HUD app? Is there an email address where I can send you some suggestions?
    04-18-11 06:11 PM
    It is clear now.
    04-18-11 09:57 PM
    I've just purchased this app after many months of thinking that it wouldn't be useful. The 2G/3G toggle tipped the scales.

I wish I'd bought it sooner! It's amazing how convenient it is to have the Quicklaunch menu available to me on the Torch! I thought that I could easily use Universal Search for everything, but Quicklaunch is easily faster!

Good job CheetahAce!

Now, about putting out a decent HUD app? Is there an email address where I can send you some suggestions?
    Do you mean a Heads up Display? for a car? I have something like this coming this week if that's what you mean.
    send me an email at nikkisoft dot
    support at
    g
    mail.

Thanks
    04-18-11 11:14 PM
    oh almost forgot,

my apologies to Elite. He's a big QL supporter. I snapped. My bad. won't happen again.
    04-18-11 11:16 PM
    Do you mean a Heads up Display? for a car? I have something like this coming this week if that's what you mean.
    That's exactly what I mean. I suggested it to you in the QuickFind thread. I'll email you right now with some ideas I had about it.

I'd also like to say that I think that you're a great developer for having innovative apps and am impressed with you taking suggestions.
    04-19-11 12:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD