So people tell me it's the greatest application ever, but how am I to know if it would be good for me without a trial?

I only need like 5 minutes with the application to decide.

Anyone know where I can get a trial?
    08-23-09 01:57 PM
    No trial is available but if you read these forums you'll see how many like this app.
    08-23-09 02:14 PM
    The utility is USD$4.99
    You can dig around the forums for a Mobihand discount voucher (up to 20% off) which will bring it down to USD$4

This amount isn't going to break the bank!

And yes - I have a copy of it and it works very well on an 8310.
    08-23-09 03:44 PM
    Just buy it. Trust me....you won't reget it. One of....if not THE best app I've purchased.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-23-09 09:25 PM
    I agree, I don't know how I would manage without it.

08-23-09 10:24 PM
    I honestly think shortcutme is better, an it comes with a trial.

08-23-09 11:03 PM
    You should purchase ShortcutMe, far superior.

08-24-09 09:35 AM
    I tried ShortcutMe and didnt care for it. Havent tried QuickLaunch, so cant comment on it. But it looks cleaner then SCM.
    08-24-09 09:41 AM
    I like double clicking my convenience keys to be able to open up my browser and such. Quite handy.

08-24-09 10:38 AM
    I agree that Shortcutme at least in my case is better. I can see how Quicklaunch would be better for a lot of people, just not how I would want to use it. I listened to everyone on here saying I should just buy it and wish I hadn't. It was only $3.99 after the 20% off coupon but still kinda annoying to have paid for a program I only used a few times before switching to Shortcutme.
    08-24-09 11:11 AM
    Best way to think of Quicklaunch is to think of your start menu on a pc, with 26 letters you can use as shortcuts. What sets Quicklaunch aside from ShortcutMe in my opinion, is that Quicklaunch doesn't look like you opened an app. It looks like a menu, like your start menu on a PC. It is very easy to assign shortcuts. It doesn't take up your entire screen when you need to use it. Fits themes well, can be colored to fit the theme. Runs smooth.

I use the PC start menu as a comparison for one key reason. The PC start menu is typically accessed by your mouse, not the keyboard. Scrolling is natural to almost every PC user out there. When I constantly use my start menu to access my favorite apps and documents on my pc, Quicklaunch just seems natural to me to use for my Blackberry. Just like I use keyboard shortcuts on my PC for common tasks like cut, copy, and paste, I use up to 26 shortcuts to get to my most used BB activities. The rest of my shortcuts are a scroll and click away. Just like my PC start menu.

ShortcutMe's top selling point is that you can use your hard keys, which are the two convenience keys, the trackball, and I believe the alt key, in combination with letters to create over 70 shortcuts. Hence why some think ShortcutMe is better. I think many BB users prefer Quicklaunch because it is more comparable to how they use their desktop pc and it fits well with their BB themes. With QL, you can shortcut nearly everything you do on your BB, so SCM isn't necessarily better, but neither is QL. It's just a question of how you want to access those shortcuts and your app menu.
    08-24-09 07:23 PM
    yea quicklaunch is probably the best app i have purchased..have it on both my 8320 and 8900 and never had one problem. you will love it
    08-24-09 07:33 PM
    Shortcutme also has a menu where you can scroll just like ql..but the added multiclick was the winner

08-25-09 01:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD