QuickLaunch 2.20 for the Tour is now available!

Note: YOU MUST SET ALL PERMISSIONS TO ALLOW DURING INSTALLATION FOR THIS RELEASE TO WORK PROPERLY!

Go to Options, Applications, QuickLaunch. Highlight QuickLaunch; don't click it.
    Hit the menu key. Select Edit Permissions. Set ALL permissions to Deny. Save. Then set ALL to Allow. Then save. Then pull the battery for 30 seconds.

If you are a current owner of QuickLaunch for a device other than the Tour and you wish to load the Tour version on your phone and you did NOT purchase from Blackberry App World you must sign in to your account page at Mobihand.com here: Smartphone Software and Accessories- MobiHand Software Store Support
    and then click on the link that says 'Contact Us'.

Fill out the form and have them switch your device type and they will get back to you.

New Features in 2.20:

3 Letter Shortcuts
    You can now assign shortcuts with 1-3 characters.
    For example:
    DI = Device Info
    CNY = Call New York
    BT = Bluetooth Toggle
    etc...

Web Search
    (see images below)
    This is added functionality to the already existing Google, Wikipedia and Dictionary search included in previous versions of QuickLaunch.
    Now with Web Search you can quickly search using the following sites:
    . Google
    . Yahoo
    . Bing
    . Amazon
    . eBay
    . BBC
    . Google News
    . Google Images
    . YouTube
    . iMDb
    . Dictionary
    . Thesaurus
    . Wikipedia
    . Wikipedia 2

Web Search will save the previously utilized site for your next search.

Configurable Screen Capture Image Format

You can now choose between JPG and PNG format for screen capture images.

SMS Inbox

Quickly access your sms inbox

MMS Inbox
    Quickly access your mms inbox

New Colors:
    Added the following colors: Royal Blue, Violet-Red, Magenta, Sienna, Lime, Light Sea Green, Teal, Hot Pink, Gold and Platinum

AOL Instant Messenger Support
    Start AIM old school method and from then on you can use QL to bring it to the foreground.

Background Image

Skin your QuickLaunch by loading an image!
    Please use images with dimensions of 180x330 for best results. Larger images are not recommended for obvious reasons.
    There are sample wallpapers on NikkiSoft - makers of QuickLaunch BlackBerry Shortcuts and App Launcher Hopefully some of you will post some more QL Wallpapers so that I can add them to the site.

GPS Toggle
    Quickly toggle your GPS on/off.

How to Configure the GPS Toggle feature:
    This feature works with macros simulating user key input.
    When you add this function via Add Application you will see an entry field labeled "Parameter:" These parameters must be entered for the GPS Toggle feature to work on your device.

Enter the parameters in the following format: p1,p2,p3 (the p's are numbers)
    The first number (p1) refers to the position that the 'Advanced Options' selection is located on your Blackberry Options screen. For most devices this would be a '2'. The second number (p2) refers to the location of 'GPS' under Advanced Options. The third number (p3) will be the location of the 'GPS Services button on the GPS screen. (the one with 'Location On' and 'Location Off')

If entered correctly the paramters should look like 2,6,2 or something similar to that depending on your device.

Configurable Homescreen Hotkey
    You can now launch QuickLaunch by hitting a letter on the keypad from your homescreen.
    To use this feature you must disable Home 'Screen Dialing' in your phone options.
    Go to Phone->Options->General Options->Dial From Home Screen and set it to 'No'.
    Currently available hotkeys are:
    Space bar, Q, E, G, I, J, R, X, Y, Z or none

Configurable Screen Capture Image Format

You can now choose between JPG and PNG.

And now for the bad news:
    Check for Update Function Discontinued
    This feature has been removed for numerous reasons. It might be added back sometime in the future but for now it's history.
    This means App World customers will have to wait until App World approves this release. My apologies.

Note: If you are still using a zip code for the weather you must re-configure the settings to use a 'Location ID' instead of zip code. Yahoo weather is currently changing the location id's and your city's id may have been changed recently. According to yahoo zip codes are being phased out and eventually only Location ID's will be accepted. So go in to QL Options and read the new instructions for obtaining your Location ID.

Watch the QuickLaunch Demo Video in HD here:

Price:
    Current owners who've purchased on or after April 1st, 2009: Free
    Current owners who've purchased before April 1st, 2009 and who do not have version 2.0+: $1.99
    New Customers: $4.99

For more information please visit: NikkiSoft - makers of QuickLaunch BlackBerry Shortcuts and App Launcher

QuickLaunch

Thank you.
    Last edited by CheetahAce; 02-16-10 at 04:04 PM.
    02-16-10 03:55 PM
    in mobihand the version says 2.20.2?.....is that correct?
    02-16-10 04:03 PM
    yes.
    +10 char
    02-16-10 04:04 PM
    yay!
    Does this make QL compatible for Tour users with the official 5.0 operating system?
    02-16-10 04:07 PM
    i hope so. we'll find out.
    02-16-10 04:12 PM
    working beautifully on 5.0.0.484
    Solved all my issues with launching SMS and BBM, and adds some useful new stuff.
    No wonder why this is the best app.
    02-16-10 05:06 PM
    Thanks CheetahAce....Its compatible with mine.
    02-16-10 05:12 PM
    Very cool. good to hear.
    thanks
    02-16-10 05:53 PM
    What? You disparage us poor Bold 9700 owners by not having a version for us?
    02-16-10 06:37 PM
    The background images don't cover the entire background -- there's a black border around all 4 edges (when using the ones available on your site). Anyone else have this problem too?
    02-16-10 06:56 PM
    screenshot or it didnt happen
    02-16-10 07:05 PM
    as requested...

02-16-10 07:13 PM
    i knew that was what was coming...

that is the border as defined by the theme you are using. all themes define their own border. the theme in 1st post pic has thin borders
    02-16-10 07:18 PM
    Strange, it's a custom theme I created and I don't remember ever seeing a way to control borders in Theme Builder. I'm a noob at theme creation so that probably explains why I don't know how to fix it.

Oh well, back to black for me!
    02-16-10 07:23 PM
    haha noob. yes there is definitely a way to change the borders when creating themes.
    02-16-10 07:26 PM
    9700 version in the works I hope?
    02-16-10 07:36 PM
    Tried to update my Verizon Tour...Everything set to "Allow"

Got: Error starting QuickLaunch: Module 'QuickLaunch-1' has verification errors.

Tried downloading again, tried battery pulls.

Any ideas?
    02-16-10 07:54 PM
    uninstall then install
    02-16-10 07:57 PM
    Removed with Desktop Manager, reinstalled, restarted...removed directly on device, reinstalled, restarted...restored previous version, reinstalled, restarted. Nothing worked. Same error when I tried running the previous version 2.16 as well.
    02-16-10 08:48 PM
    9700 version in the works I hope?
    It appears we are being ignored.
    02-16-10 09:28 PM
    aww... this update f'in rules. works flawlessly (so far) on os5.
    02-16-10 10:40 PM
    I'm sure it's coming guys. Be patient. He's one of the hardest working devs out there right now. He'll get to it when he can.

Keep up the fantastic work CheetahAce!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-16-10 10:45 PM
    Removed with Desktop Manager, reinstalled, restarted...removed directly on device, reinstalled, restarted...restored previous version, reinstalled, restarted. Nothing worked. Same error when I tried running the previous version 2.16 as well.
    My advice is to not use Desktop manager for anything. It's not doing what you think it is. It's a buggy *#$#$%

uninstall the app from options menu. pull the battery. install ota. take dm out of the equation. it will work.
    02-16-10 11:36 PM
    Not appreciating this comment really
    02-16-10 11:36 PM
    works great on my tour and i have 5.0.0.419!!

looooove it! thanks!!
    02-17-10 07:46 AM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD