This one is for Cheetah.

How long do you think it will take for you to get a version up and running for the Storm 2?

also will there be a discounted rate for Storm 1 users who switch over to the Storm 2?

Just curious.

Thanks,
    Valace2
    10-26-09 11:57 AM
    I would also like to volunteer as a 9550 beta tester.
    10-26-09 05:12 PM
    Why would there be a discount if you had a S1? Your wanting a discount on an app because you decided to get a new phone?

I dont think it would take very long, unless they are busy working on something else. My guess is any apps will just have to be edited to use the new input method. Im not a programmer, but I dont think anything else would have to be changed, since its basically the same device.
    10-26-09 05:29 PM
    Why would there be a discount if you had a S1? Your wanting a discount on an app because you decided to get a new phone?

I dont think it would take very long, unless they are busy working on something else. My guess is any apps will just have to be edited to use the new input method. Im not a programmer, but I dont think anything else would have to be changed, since its basically the same device.
    You might be suprised. An I think that devs have given discounts to users of their apps in the past who have switched devices.
    10-26-09 05:33 PM
    You might be suprised. An I think that devs have given discounts to users of their apps in the past who have switched devices.
    A loyalty discount would be nice.
    10-26-09 05:50 PM
    CheetahAce treats his customers very well.

I wonder if RIM will rip off some of the QL features for the Storm2, making it a less attractive purchase (although, at five bucks for the #1 "must have" Storm app, I doubt they could do ANYTHING to put him out of business).

So what if I upgrade and have to buy the new one? Five bucks isn't going to kill me when I shell out a couple hundred for a new phone.
    10-26-09 06:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD